A Wonderful Caricature of Intimacy; A Tale of Past Lovers

So Say "What Are You Waiting For?"

Chapter 24

“Ok, so what do you need to talk about?” Amanda asked as we were sitting in my bus at the small kitchen table.

“Well, you see, I have a lot on my mind right now. And I tried to ask Chrissy on advice, but I think I need another person to help me.”

“And that would be?” She asked.

“Well, ever since Brendon and I started dating, I told him that I wanted to take things slow. It’s been almost two months since we started dating, and I’m starting to notice that him and I are getting frustrated.”

“You mean ‘cause you haven’t had sex yet?” She asked with her eyebrow raised.

“Yea… I mean I said to take things slow, but now I’m getting moody over this.”

“Then why are you talking to me about this?” She said as she leaned back.

“What?”

“Shouldn’t you be talking to Brendon and not me?’

“Yea, but I’m asking you advice…”

“Advice about what? On when you should start making love to him? Erelin, this is your decision. I’m surprised. Brendon really respects your decision. He’s just waiting on you to step in again and initiate it…”

“You’ve been talking to him haven’t you?” I said as I narrowed my eyes at her.

She tried to hide it, but I could definitely tell that they have been talking.

“Amanda… Tell me what he said…”

She just closed her mouth and shook her head.

“Amanda….”

“Fine… he said that he’s just trying really hard to restrain himself, but he can’t help it because he’s waiting for you. Erelin, he’s a boy. A 20 year old boy for that matter who is dating the girl of his dreams…”

“Wait, he said that?”

“Honestly, yea. He said he’s never dating a girl like you before, Erelin. It’s the truth actually. He’s only dated Audrey and this other girl. From what he’s told me, they were really rude to him most of the time. And he was happy with them for God knows why. Trust me, Erelin. He’s a growing boy, a very hormonal at that. He‘s just waiting on you.” She said.

I leaned back on the chair and stared at my hands. It has been on me this whole time. This whole time I’ve been freaking out way too much. I really do like Brendon. I’ve never dated a sweetheart like him. I don’t want to mess things up even more. Why am I holding back on something that I want to do? I don’t know what has gotten into me.

“Erelin? Yoo-who!!” Amanda said, snapping me out of my thoughts.

“Oh, Sorry Amanda.”

“Wow, you’re really out of it. Are you ok?”

“Yea.. I think I am.” I said with a smile.

“Are you sure?”

“Yea… Thanks a bunch, Amanda. Sorry for disturbing you and William.”

“It’s ok. What are friends for?” She said with a smile.

We both got out of the booth and hugged.

“Hey, Erelin…We need to get ready. We got a show in 20 minutes.” Chrissy said as came into the bus.

“Ok… I’ll be there.”

“Ok.” she said as she left.

“Just remember, Erelin. Talk to him. It’s not that hard.” Amanda said as she patted me on the back.

“I know. Thanks. I gotta go!” I said as we both left the bus.

She went over to William’s bus as I headed over to the venue to change and get ready. I started to really think of what Amanda made me realize.

Brendon and I are each other’s dreams come true. We mean a lot to each other, and we are just waiting on that one moment to be finally be together. And it’s all up to me now. You’re probably asking , “are you sure you’re ready?”

Hmmm… in all honesty… I am. The best part is… we have the next two days off. And we’re spending the nights in hotels. This is going to be interesting.