A Wonderful Caricature of Intimacy; A Tale of Past Lovers

I'm Just Messed Up From Beginning To End

Chapter 44

“Erin… open this door.” I heard my Lola say on the other side of the door.

I was lying in my bed again. To be honest, I haven’t really left it. It’s been about 2 weeks since I left Brendon. Since then everyone has been calling me especially Pete and Brendon. They really weren’t helping. Brendon apparently chased after me to the airport in his car but lost the taxi in the middle of the chase. Since then he’s been blowing up my phone, wanting to talk so we can work it out. I just felt heartbroken. Technically we aren’t broken up. I just walked out. We never really made it official. We are just on a break I guess. I can’t even talk to him let alone see him after what he did.

“Erelin Marie, open this door, honey.” Lola said in annoyed tone.

I covered myself in my blankets, pretending to be asleep. I heard the lock on my door click. My sister must have picked it to let Lola in. I closed my eyes as I heard the door open. I heard it close again, and I felt my bed go down a little more as Lola gently shook me awake.

“Sweetheart, I know you too well. Stop faking you’re asleep and let’s talk. You sisters told me what happened,” she said softly.

I sighed and opened my eyes. She did know me too well. It was scary. I pushed the covers off of me and looked up at my smiling lola. Her face though turned sad when she saw the mixed emotions in my face.

“Look at you. You’re a mess… all because of a boy?” she said as she pushed away the hair from my face.

“Lola, you don’t understand, I still love him with all my heart, but he hurt me. He didn’t trust me. I would never do something to hurt someone,” I said.

“I know, but you also have to realize that sometimes, people exaggerate as well. How do you really feel?” She asked.

“To be honest, I don’t know. I love Brendon with all my heart. Pete though, it’s different. I can’t really explain it. The thing is though, I feel like I lost a part of me when I saw Brendon with her. It’s like he killed it. I couldn’t stay there. I had to leave. I couldn’t look at him in the eye.” I said.

Right then, his ringtone went off. Lola grabbed my phone before I could and saw it was him. She picked answered the phone as I tried to take it from her.

“Oh My God, Erelin? Baby, you finally answered. Please hear me out…”

“Brendon, it’s Erelin’s Lola. She’s ok. She feels though she doesn’t want to talk to you. Don’t worry. I’m talking to her right now, and I’ll make sure she will get back to you.”

“Okay. Thank you, Mrs. Taylor. And can you also tell her that I love her, please?” He said.

I could hear him very clearly from the phone, and when I heard his voice, tears just started to fall down my face. I can tell by the sound of his voice he really meant it. Lola gave me a sad smile and wiped away a tear.

“I’ll make sure she gets that, but I’m pretty sure she knows that already,” she said.

“I know she does. I just want to remind her that,” he said.

“Ok… I’ll tell her,”

“Thank you.”

“You’re welcome. Bye.”

She then hung up the phone and set it on my nightstand.

“I know you heard that,” she said quietly.

“I don’t know what to do anymore. We were so happy…”

“Erelin, the only advice I can give you is to get away and figure out what your heart is saying. Set things straight in your heart, not with you head. Stop fighting with your heart and just let it take its course.”

“But…”

“Not buts. Erelin, my darling, you need to stop thinking about all of the negativity. Follow your heart. If you want to go after that other boy of yours then go to him. If you want to go to Brendon and make up with him and be with him forever, then go. Whatever your heart tells you. Don’t let your head take over. Let your heart lead you to who you really love,” she said.

“Thank you, Lola.” I said.

“You’re welcome my darling.” She said as she leaned down and kissed my forehead.

She got up from the bed, opened the door, and was about to walk out but turned around.

“Whoever you choose in the end, you will spend the rest of your life with. Trust me… it’s happened with me, your mother, every single generation who went through what me and you had to go through.”

She then left the room and closed the door quietly. I sighed and in an instant, my phone when off, the same ringtone going off again. I grabbed it off my nightstand and saw the same picture that shows up when Brendon calls. I put it on silence and set it down next to me. If Lola’s right, in the end I will pick the one who I will spend the rest of life with. The thing is though, my heart is just as mixed up as my head.
♠ ♠ ♠
Holy Jamoley! 70 subscribers? Seriously this is amazing. thank you so much!!! =]

you know what to do! i don't need to tell you guys twice!
I'm so excited! i'm seeing MCR twice before they start recording again! yay! hehehe