A Wonderful Caricature of Intimacy; A Tale of Past Lovers

What Do You Say We Leave For California?

Chapter 45

I was in a deep sleep. It’s been like that for the past couple of days since I had that talk with Lola. Since I’m not touring and won’t be for another month, I’ve been doing nothing since I’m not with Brendon right now. If you’re wondering if I talked to him, I really haven’t. I would send him short replies. I think Chrissy’s been the middle person because she snapped at me for not talking to him a couple of days ago so I decided to send him small text messages here and there.

Since I was in a deep sleep for some reason, I didn’t hear my phone go off multiple times. I could have sworn though I was being woken up by people talking outside my room. I fell back asleep but only for a couple of minutes. Why you may ask? Because someone barged in my room and woke me up.

“Why have you fallen off the face of the earth?” a voice said.

I groaned and opened my eyes. I grabbed my glasses and put them on to see Pete at the side of me bed.

“What the hell are you doing in my house and in my bed room?” I said.

“Because I’ve been trying to get in contact with you for the past couple of weeks. I wanted to let you know I’m gonna be in town and wondered if you wanted to meet up. Since you weren’t answering my phone calls, and apparently aren’t in Vegas, I thought I would just show up.” Pete said as he sat on the edge of my bed.

“It looks like you haven’t been doing much? What happened? Why aren’t you in Vegas with Brendon?”

“I’d rather not talk about it….”

“Let me guess, you guys got into a fight and now you’re not speaking to him?”

“It’s more than that.”

“Well what is it then? Come on Erelin, we always talk about these things. I’m here to listen. I wouldn’t have stalked your house if I didn’t.”

“We’re on a break.” I said frustratingly.

“What do you…”

“I found him in bed with Lana when I got back from London.” I said.

“WHAT!? THAT DOUCHE FUCKER!” Pete yelled.

“Can you not yell that in my house especially with my dad and sisters home?” I said.

“No… I’m gonna call him right now.” He said as he started searching for him on his phone.

“What? No? That will make it worse!” I said as I shot up from lying down.

“No it won’t. Too late…” he said as he got up and put the phone to his ear.

“Brendon? What the hell were you thinking?!” Pete yelled when I heard Brendon say hello.

“What?” I heard Brendon say over the phone.

“You know what I’m talking about! How can you cheat on Erelin?”

“Pete, you douche fucker, it’s none of your business. Get off the fucking phone with Brendon!” I yelled as I leaped towards him.

I landed on his back and tried to take the phone from him. It was pretty easy. That small man can fall easily. After wrestling to get the phone from him, I got up and sat on my bed.

“Brendon, I’ll talk to you later. Bye.” I said into the phone.

Before I hung up, I heard him scream “I love you.” I felt even sadder and hung up the phone.

“Erelin, why wouldn’t you let me talk to him?”

“This is Brendon’s and my fight. Let me handle it. Right now I’m not really talking to him. I just needed to get away from him. I need to get away from everyone.”

“Well then come to LA with me! I’m leaving tomorrow in the morning! Ashlee’s in Europe right now, and Patrick, Andy, and Joe are all with their girlfriends and what not. I’m all alone with Hemingway in LA!” he said.

“I don’t know.” I hesitantly said.

“Oh come on, it’s best if someone kept an eye on you. Besides, you said it yourself you wanted to get away.”

I sighed as I watched Pete give me his signature puppy dog face. I rolled my eyes and laid back down.

“Erelin, moping isn’t going to do anything. All you’re doing is laying in your bed. Come to LA with me. You can get away from everyone and I can keep an eye on you if you do anything bad.” He said.

“Why are you always looking out for me?”

“It’s my job to!” He said with a smile.

“I’ll think about it….”

“No you won’t. You’re coming.”

I thought for a bit. Maybe it’s a good idea to get away from Chicago, from my family, from everyone for a bit.

“Alright, just for a couple of days if you don’t mind?” I said.

“Of course!” he said with a smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
wow 74 readers? this is seriously amazing. you guys don't be shy! introduce yourselves! we honestly don't bite! =]

you guys know what to do! ;)