A Wonderful Caricature of Intimacy; A Tale of Past Lovers

One Mistake From Being Together

Chapter 46
(Pete’s POV)

I slipped on my sunglasses as we got off the plane. I already noticed that Erelin had put her’s on. Since we left, she hasn’t been the same. I couldn’t believe when she told me that Brendon cheated on her. I still don’t get why she’s still with him either. They are both my good friends and yes I’ve know Brendon longer, but she’s a smart girl. She should have dumped him. I don’t know anymore.

We grabbed our luggage, got picked up by one of my good friends that lived in LA. We made a detour to Sprinkles Cupcakes, and I bought a dozen just for her. She didn’t even seem excited. Every time she’s in LA or in a city that has a Sprinkle Cupcake store, she gets super excited. She even asks me to bring her some when I come back to Chicago for a bit. She said thank you though.

We got to the house, and when we got in, right away she headed towards the guest room. She closed the door and locked it. I sighed as I let Hemingway run free around the house. My friend who picked us up had taken care of Hemmy as well. I knelt down as Hemmy stretched in front of me, asking for a belly rub. I knelt down and started to rub his tummy.

“This is going to be a very long couple of days.” I said as I petted him.

His response? Licking my face.

**************

It was already 5:30 in the afternoon. Erelin only came out twice from her room: to get lunc and to go to the bathroom. I swear this is going no where for her. I walked out of my beroom and picked the lock of the guest room. I finally heard a click and opened it. Erelin was lying under the covers with her eyes closed, her headphones in her ears. I climbed on the bed and put my around her to give her a hug. She moaned softly as she snuggled closer to me. She smiled as she said “Brendon” softly under her breath. She then fluttered her eyes open and looked up shockingly at me.

“I had to think a moment to figure out that I’m still not talking to Brendon. Way to scare me. I would have been pissed if you brought me here on false pretenses,” She said.

“I would never do that and you know it. I came in here to check up on you. Come on you can’t just mope and lounge in here all night. I asked you to come here for a reason and that was not to nothing. At least watch a movie with me or cook dinner with me or something!”

She sighed and the covered her face. I retaliated by pulling off the covers as I got up from the bed. She then huddled herself into a tiny ball. I started to poke her intensely until she surrendered. She got up from the bed and headed towards the kitchen. I got up and followed after her. She helped me cook some steaks for us, after finding a bottle of Malibu Coconut Rum in my fridge. She pulled some out and mixed it with some ice tea. I watched her put in so alcohol in her drink. I tried stopping her, but she said for her to watch her as she put it in her iced tea. She didn’t put too much, but she constantly drank it. I think she already downed about 1/3rd of the bottle by herself when we were already done with dinner. We put the dishes into the dishwasher.

We then sat into the coach and ended up flipping through channels. By then Erelin has already drank 2/3rds of the bottle. She wasn’t her normal, funny, giggly, drunk self. She did though pull out her phone and drunk-dialed Brendon. He didn’t seem too happy that she called drunk. She got annoyed by him and hung up on Brendon, and shut off her phone. I watched as she threw her phone on the other couch. I finally landed on some channel playing the movie “Simply Irresistible” with Sarah Michelle Gellar as a chef with some bad luck, but somehow finds some new luck with a crab. Yes a pet crab. I was about to change the channel when I heard sobs. I looked over at Erelin as she started to bawl her eyes out.

“ Erelin? Hey why are you crying?” I said as I got closer to her and put my arm around her.

“I’m such a wreck. I can’t stand this movie anymore. I miss him, but I’m confused on what to do. I’m such a neurotic person. This wouldn’t have happened if I didn’t yell at him about the picture I found. I can’t stand this anymore,” she said as she cried into my chest.

“Hey, you’re not a wreck. You’re just emotional. It’s understandable, I caught my ex cheating on me.”

She even cried harder in my chest. I just make it worse for saying cheating. Damn it. I just kept rubbing her back and soothing her. I shushed her, tell her it would be fine in the end. She would be able to pull through this and make a decision. The sobs had stopped. I looked down at her as I watched her passed out. I sighed a relief. I grabbed the blanket that was on the top of the couch and covered her. I tried to release myself from her and carry her to the bedroom, but she clung me like a child to its mother when they hear about monsters. I moved a little to make myself comfortable, and wrapped my arms around her. She slept soundly on my chest. I smiled as I watched her sleep, kissing the top of her forehead. Watching her must have done something to me because I fell asleep early for once. For once, I actually got a good night’s sleep in the longest time ever.

**************

I heard Hemingway barking. I felt the sun shining through. I opened my eyes and adjusted them on the ceiling. I felt another person in my arms and I knew that it wasn’t Ashlee’s. I looked down to see a black haired girl sleeping soundly. If Ashlee saw me, she would kill me right now. Erelin sighed a little and moved her head. I looked down as she continued to sleep. A little smile was on her face as the sun made her tan skin sparkle a little bit. Somehow everything feels alright with her in my arms. I kissed the top of her head as she continued to sleep. I held her tightly. Her smile grew bigger. I heard her mumble something, but she wasn’t loud enough for me to hear it. Her smile grew bigger. I don’t know what to do anymore. I’m starting to fall for her, but she’s still in love with Brendon. I can tell just by how she is. Also, she’s signed to my record label. She’s ten years younger than me. I’m her boss.

I heard her moan softly. I saw her open her eyes a little.

“Good morning.” I said softly.

I saw her eyes go from a confused state to a shocked one. She looked up at me.

“Good morning? Pete… I’m so sorry…”

“Don’t worry about it.” I said.

“No I fell asleep. I drank last night and probably did stupid things. Ashlee’s gonna kill me. I know she already hates me.” She said as she got up a little bit.”

“No don’t worry about it. It just happened.” I said as I got up a little too.

Our faces were pretty close to each other. And at the perfect moment our lips locked together. All this built up feelings for her finally spilled out of nowhere. Somehow I flipped her over and I was on top of her. She continued to kiss me as I kissed her back, licking the bottom of her lip. She opened her mouth a little as I quickly slipped my tongue in her mouth. I explored her mouth as she moaned softly. She ran her fingers and hands through my hair as she wrapped her legs around my waist, as she rubbed her legs up and down my legs. My hand made its way to her waist, and I slowly crept my hand up her shirt.
♠ ♠ ♠
uh oh.... =| anywho did anyone listen to the two new leaks for Panic's new cd?! Pretty amazing huh? it's different and i love it. I just hope it's not too mellow from what i've been listening to.

i'm getting very impatient! =[