A Wonderful Caricature of Intimacy; A Tale of Past Lovers

My Way Home Is Through You

Chapter 49
(Brendon’s POV)

I felt alone without her, and I was stupid enough to lose her. Chrissy’s been telling me that she’s in the same state she was with Steve, but worse. She can’t think straight, loses focus. She told me that she’s never seen her cry like this before. She’s not home anymore. Chrissy said something about LA and staying at Pete’s, and that just made me angry. I know they are like brother and sister, they mean a lot to each other, but this is just ridiculous. That whole relationship and me thinking they were cheating was the reason why I have drove myself into this insanity.

I walked down the little hallway to the living room of my apartment. I stopped in front of the mirror in the hallway to check myself out. My eyes tired, sulking in a little bit. My hair all messy and I hadn’t shaved in a couple of weeks. The stubble started to grow in to a small beard. I sighed as I felt more and more tired and lethargic. I walked over to the living room and sat down on the couch.

The gang was over a while ago, but left. I wanted to be alone. They tried to help fix my place up, and to get me back on my feet, but I just couldn’t. I didn’t want to at least now. I just needed to be alone. They asked me what I wanted and all I said was Erelin. I know I fucked up, and I’m paying the price. I threw an empty bag of chips on the floor that was just on the table. Chelsea and Ryan tried to clean up, and they did a lot. But I didn’t care, I just wanted to sulk in my misery.

I flipped through channels on the tv, trying to find something to watch. I had to do something instead of trying to call her every hour. I sighed as the movie Simply Irresistible was showing on TV. I always said that was the cheesiest movies ever, but that was the very first movie Erelin and I watched when we started dating. I couldn’t watch it. I didn’t feel the same.

Right then I heard the doorbell ring, and I knew it was Jon and Chrissy. All of them were going to go get food, and Jon and Chrissy said that they would stop by and drop me off food. The doorbell was constantly ringing as I slowly got up.

“I’m coming, jeez Jon.” I yelled at the door.

I unlocked it and opened it up. I looked over to see a short girl with long black hair looking down at those familiar red and black checkered slip on Vans. Erelin looked up at me, her suitcase and bag along with her, looking like she’s cried every single tear she had left. She looked tired, her eyes sulking in as well.

“Erelin?” I finally said as we stood there in silence.

“I don’t know what I’m doing here. When the lady working the front desk of United at LAX asked me where I wanted to fly to, I said home. And she asked me where that is, and with every ounce of strength I tried to say Chicago, but Vegas came out instead. Because I realized that you are my home, and there is no other place I’d rather be than with you.” She said as tears started to pour down face.

I couldn’t say anything. All I wanted to do was just hold her in my arms again, and I did. I held her with all her might as she cried into my chest. I felt tears starting to fall down my face. I was holding her again in my arms. I missed the smell of her hair and perfume. I just missed everything about her.

“I love you.” I whispered in her ear.

“I love you too.” She said back.

And with that we just stood there in each other’s arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
im pretty sure you saw that one coming. sorry you guys i didn't go to the philippines to go get some cake... even though that would be awesome. hahahaha

comments = amazing

and yes the story is ending pretty soon. but don't worry i have a plan up my sleeve! =]