A Wonderful Caricature of Intimacy; A Tale of Past Lovers

Smiles and Daggers

HAPPY MOTHER FUCKING BIRTHDAY PETE WENTZ.
Chapter 6

I slouched down on the couch as the band took a break. My head has been killing me lately. Well technically it has been killing me ever since this morning... when I couldn't come up with anything to write. The band agreed to go into the recording studio right away. We were going to redo our whole EP cd along with writing new songs. I guess ever since Patrick and Pete had heard our EP, they wanted to meet us. They found out through my own blog site that we were going to do a performance for our class, and well you know what happen. We were going to ask Patrick to produce our CD, but he already decided to do it anyway. He saw what we could be, and he wanted to be a part of that. I love that man.

"Erelin..." Chrissy said as she watch me lose my mind.

"Yes, Wifey?" I said.

"Are you ok?" She asked.

"No. My brain hurts. I can't write anything. It's killing me."

"It will come. Come on, let's think of a music first. Maybe it will come to you then."

We grabbed the acoustics that were lying around. Patrick and Billy were both listening to the songs that we recorded again and tweaking it a little bit. Sam was... somewhere. We started strumming chords and coming up with new beats. All of a sudden the door swung open.

"Look who I found." Sam said as he walked in.

Walking behind him was Pete... and behind him was a girl. Not just any girl: Ashlee Simpson. Rumors had it that they were dating. I couldn't believe that they were true when they walked in hand in hand. I was a little jealous, not gonna lie. Pete is one hot person. I don't know what he saw in her because he can do so much better. Pete walked over to us and introduced us to her. I gave her a smile, but Chrissy watch me roll my eyes. We both have our dislikes of her. We just don't like girls who are poppy lead singers. We believe in hard core singing and playing instruments. Singing words that come our hearts and experiences, not other's. Also we believe in not lip singing as well.

"Hi..." she said as she sat next to me.

"Hi." I said.

I continued with Chrissy as we tried to figure out new lyrics and music.

"Hey, Erelin. We need you to re-record 'Smiles and Daggers' " Patrick said.

"Sure." I said as I got up.

I put down the guitar and walked into the recording booth. I put the headphones and waited for the cue.

"Peel me open,
Pour me dry.
You've drained me out of my energy.
I losing sleep over you.
Shouldn't it be the other way around?
I know I shouldn't have done it
And you're just waiting for that moment
Waiting for that moment."

I finished it off exhausted. I couldn't take anymore. I felt I was going to lose it.

"Erelin... are you ok?" Patrick said as he stopped the music and spoke into the speaker.

I slowly nodded, but I felt sick to my stomach. I don't know if it was nerves or jealous. Why you may ask? Because Ashlee kept throwing herself at Pete as he was trying to listen to me sing. I was enjoying the attention he was giving me. He's actually been doing it non stop for the past month ever since he discovered us. He would as me out to lunch, and we would talk music. I would go over to his hotel room or he would come over and read what I wrote the day before. We wouldn't talk about just music, but our lives. I felt like spilling all my guts to him because he helped me become who I am today. But she was not part of any conversation, and she just popped out of nowhere. And when I see him with her, I couldn't help but feel a little jealous.

Sam came into the room and helped me into the other room and onto the couch.

"I'm fine. I'm just tired." I said.

"Did you eat? It looks like you haven't eaten. Did you drink water all day? You might need some sugar." Pete said all concerned.

"I'm fine. I just need fresh air." I muttered as I put my hood over my head and walked out the studio into the night.