Trapped in a Tangled Web

005

I followed the motorcycle from the air, out of the view from even airplanes. My annoyance with the two boys was steadily growing as the seconds ticked by.

Every five to ten minutes, Ky would stop his bike and look behind him. That, in effect, made me stay stationary, hovering in the air like a moron until he would start to drive again. By the time we crossed two state lines, my shoulders were killing me. ...Or would that be wing joints?

After what seemed like forever, he finally started driving down a deserted stretch of dry land, dirt roads as far as my eyes could see. Thankfully my feathers were heavy. It was managing keep me warm enough so my tail feathers wouldn't shiver off.

I flew ahead of him on the barely visible dirt road, in and out of the thick forest of trees. One single house was in my view. And when I say view, I'm talking a few eighty to ninety miles of view.

Great location to have privacy...Bad location if you ever need help.

I pushed myself as fast as I could go, landing swifty on the white porch as I shifted back to human form. By the time Kyrian came pulling up the driveway, my breathing was all the way back to normal.

I smirked, letting myself become visible right as he took off the helmet.

"Took you long enough."

Kyrian's mouth dropped open as he started disbelievingly at me, his whole face showing a shocked suprise.

"How the hell...?"

"Did I get here so fast?" I finished for him. Shrugging, I stood up and walked over to him, reaching into his pocket and pulling out a shivering Jason. He dropped to the ground and instantly shifted back in all his naked glory.

"I already told you Kyrian. When you let me take that bike for a ride, I'll tell you how I do what I do."

It took almost everything I had in me to not stare at Jason's naked ass when he bent over to grab his clothes underneath the back seat of the bike. By the time he was fully dressed, I felt like I would jump a moose.

I really, really didn't want to go inside that house. I knew without a doubt what would happen as soon as I would walk in that front door.

Mr. Fuck-me-now would try to claim me as a mate.

Hell...fucking..no. I would NOT let that happen. No way. No how.

"Your stalling," Jason whispered into my ear.

I must have jumped ten feet into the air..litterally.

"Whoa! what the hell are you?" he asked, taking a few steps away from me once my feet hit the ground.

I grimmaced, closing my eyes tightly. "You'll never find out if everything goes right. I pray you never know."

Jason frowned while Kyrian came over and slung his arm across my shoulders, pushing me gently towards the door. "And after that cryptic, yet morbid thought, let's get this over with."

My mouth was opening and closing like a fish, not one single one of my millions of thoughts would leave my lips.

I couldn't do anything but let him drag me forward, further and further towards the main door. Without thinking, I looked upwards, praying to whatever and whoever that I could escape doing this.

My answer that I got back wasn't very nice.

The moon was bright in the sky, stars twinkling all around it like a pretty painting in a museum. Only.. this wasn't a museum. And a full moon actually did affect us shifters. Well, atleast, a blue moon did.

EEP!!

I dug my heals into the ground, pushing backwards in Kyrian's grip. "Don't make me go in! It's a blue moon. Let me go!"

My breath was comming out in pants, air barely going in when I tried to breathe. My entire body was shaking with adrenaline as he held me in a tight grip.

"What the hell are you so worried about? It's not like we don't have control of ourselves. None of us will shift," he whispered flush against my ear. "Promise."

Without thinking..without conscious reasoning, I leaned back into his body as I shivered. His voice was so low. So deep. It sent a thrill right through my body.

"Ky," I whispered, more of a plea than anything. "It's the moon. I'm the only girl here. Please, don't make me do this. Let me go and I swear I'll come bcak in two days. I can't get claimed, Ky!"

He chuckled against my ear, tightening his grip from around my shoulders to around my waist. "I don't want to claim you, love. I just want to fuck you."

My stomach clenched in an all too farmiliar way, dirty, sweaty thoughts filling my head at the heat in his voice. "Kyrian, please think this through. Your little brother wants to claim me. I have no fucking doubt about that. The moon is going to make that attraction even worse. Add that to the fact that it will make the rest of you attracted to me, and you got one huge family death match on your hands."

Instead of a normal, rational responce, he licked the side of my neck. The front door slammed open against the railing, a loud thunderous boom echoing in the dence clearing.

"Let her go."

My eyes went from looking at the ground, to looking a suddenly furious Gage. His hair was matted to his face, sweat dripping down his very naked chest. The moonlight seemed to be taunting me, making all the scars and gashes shine in the light as his eyes glowed bright green.

Breath hitching in my throat, my pulse went through the roof at what I knew was about to happen. Gage's Panther was about to make one hell of an appearance.

"I said let her go!" he screamed, his voice taking on that half rumbling growl, half lazy purr that all felines had.

Ky moved back from me just in time to catch the panther around it's neck while he, himself, shifted into a cougar. I rolled my eyes, going to stand up on the porch next to Jason.

My eyebrows rose as he moved away from me quickly, nervousness playing on his skin. "You afraid of me now?"

He shook his head. "I'm a prey animal. If I'm near you and he get's pissed, I can't defend myself."

Nodding in complete agreement, I turned once again to watch the two brothers duke it out. Mumbling under my breath, all I could do was wait.

"Ding, ding. Round one."
♠ ♠ ♠
Posting another chapter in a minute.