Forever Fades Away

Lay It On For Me Thick, Baby

Brian had beat me to the shower, so I had nothing to do but wait it out. I could have gone in and joined him, but I was just too damn tired. Okay, I won’t lie; I’m just lazy. I found myself still in bed, consuming the scent Brian left behind. Whenever we was gone on tour, I found myself laying in bed longer than necessary. It was some sort of comfort for me, knowing he had laid in these sheets with me.

I got out of bed and headed to the closet. It was a large walk-in type. I was immediately greeted by a head to toe mirror. Brian had said he placed in here for me, but we all know he wanted it for himself. It was no lie; Brian was considered the high maintenance type out of the group.

“Where are my jeans?” I asked to no one but myself. This closet was getting a little messy, even for me. I pulled out some jeans and found a suitable shirt for me to wear today. I headed over to the bathroom when I heard the shower turn off.

“How do you feel about me making pancakes instead?” Brian walked out of our bathroom with only a towel wrapped around his waist.

“Sounds good. Can I take a quick shower first though?” I really needed one right about now. Two nights of pure bliss more then likely left its gift, which by the way, didn’t smell so good.

“Yeah, that’s fine. Mind if I brush my teeth while you’re in the shower?” I squinted my eyes at him. “I promise nothing will happen,” he said as he chuckled.

As I was washing my hair, Brian suddenly spoke up.

“I woke up really tired today. I couldn’t breathe right either.”

“You’re not coming down with a cold, are you?” I asked as the water rushed down my body.

“No, I don’t feel like I’m getting sick. I just felt tired. You wear me out baby,” he laughed as he grabbed a comb and brushed his hair. He quickly looked around the counter until he found what he needed-his gel. He grabbed a dime size amount, along with some pomade. He gently rubbed his hands together then ran it through his shaggy hair.

I turned off the water and reached for my towel. I wrapped it around myself, and stepped out onto the cold tile. Brian gave me a small smile.

“I’ll let you get dressed, but don’t take long.” He kissed my forehead and walked out.

I looked into the mirror in front of me and sighed. I didn’t feel like doing anything today. I got dressed and brushed my hair. I started to reach for the hair dryer, but decided against it. “I’ll just put it up into a bun when it dries.” I gently applied some light make-up and walked out the bathroom.

I walked into the kitchen moments later, catching Brian shove a half rolled up pancake into his mouth.

“Sorry,” he managed to mumble out, his mouth full of pancakes. He swallowed the last bit and took a drink of orange juice. “You took too long and they were getting cold.” He flashed a smile and pulled a chair out for me.

“Cold pancakes are the best.” I said. I looked down at the plate Brian placed in front of me. “You added blueberries? What’s the catch?” I asked.

Brian looked at me with pretend shock on his face. He took his seat next to me.
“No catch. I just wanted to show my wonderful girlfriend I appreciate her-” I cut Brian off.

“What time is Zack picking you up?” I laughed. Although I did depend on Brian too much, I didn’t mind him leaving me all day alone. He had a life, and I had one of my own.

“I don’t know. Probably in another hour or so.” he reached over and placed his tattooed hand on top of mine. “You’ll be ok by yourself all day?”

“Brian, I’ll be fine! I have homework to do anyways. Maybe after I’m done with that I’ll call Val and I don’t know, go shopping or something. It’s fine, go have some much deserved fun.”
He cared for me too much at times. Some days I would seriously be lost without him.

BRIAN

I guess I had laid it on a little too thick. I wasn’t purposely trying to get away from her, I only wanted to go hang out with Zack at his place. I would have no problem bringing her along, except I know we would end up drinking. Free booze for Brian is a big mistake. I’d probably make an ass of myself in front of her, talk about something private and have Zack laugh his ass off for a good hour, all while having Mae red like a tomato.

“What’s wrong, Mae?” she had been eating her pancakes silently.

“I’m just trying to figure out which sex story you’ll end up telling Zack. Maybe I can pretend like it didn’t happen, without me blushing.” It was as though she read my mind.

“I promise nothing will happen, babe.” I gathered up the dishes and placed them in the sink. “I’ll call you if anything happens, okay?”

“Sure, sure.” was all she said.

An hour later we heard a car honking in front of the house. I looked out the window to make sure it was Zack. Sure enough, he was waiting in his car, with music blasting out the windows.

“MAE!” I yelled out as I was heading out the door. She peeked out from the kitchen,

“Leaving?” was all I heard her ask.

“Yeah, make sure you call me-ahhh.” I grabbed my chest in pain. Mae came up to me within seconds. She lightly placed her hand on my arm.

“Brian, what’s wrong?” a look of worry overcame her serene face. I bent over and placed my hands on my knees. My chest felt as though it was working way too hard all of a sudden. I rose up and put my hands on top of my head. Maybe that position would help me calm down.

“Gosh, I don’t know. My chest just hurts for some reason.” as soon as those words came out, I wished I hadn’t said them. Mae rolled her eyes.

“You’ve been smoking too much. Please don’t smoke so much today with Zack.” We heard another honk from outside.

“I’ll just pop some advil on the way. That will get rid of it. Hell, it might even be heartburn.” I shrugged. I kissed Mae and made my way out to an inpatient Zach.
♠ ♠ ♠
Next chapter is ugh...well let me know what you think will happen next. Is he cheating on her and feels guilty? Is Mae cheating?

Please let me know how I'm doing guys!