What!? Billie Joe Armstrong Is My Dad!

The Fight

“Get up punk!” Jordan said, kicking me in the guts. I winced and started getting up while he kicked me back down again. See the shit I get. I am going to kill this fucker when I get the strength. He finally stops hitting me because he was out of breath. I got up and punched him in the nose. I then kick him in the stomach when he dropped to the floor. I punched him in the face a few more times and kick him in the nuts.

“How do you fucking like it you bastard!” Yelling it at him.

“You fucking bitch! You’re going to pay for this!” Jordan yelled back as I was walking away. I went into the girls bathroom to clean myself up. Surprise Surprise. Any other day it would have been packed with plastics fixing their hair and makeup.

I looked at my reflection in the mirror. There is a big purple bruise forming at my eye from where Jordan punched me. My nose and lip is bleeding and my gut feels like all my intestines have been ripped out. This was a bad day for me. Oh shit, I’ve got English next. I have to do my speech. I pull out my book out of my bag and start writing.

**English Class**

“Alright class. I hope you have all done your speech, you have to present them today. Is anyone brave enough to go first?” The teacher asked. Fuck, I just want to get this over and done with, I’m going.

“I’ll go.” I said. When I got up people in the class yelled out ‘Emo’.

“Hey Charlie. How do you tell the difference between emos and punks? Some idiot said.

“Well you’re the one that call’s me that so how do you fuckhead!” I yelled back.

Isn’t it funny that when you go to the shops with your friends you look down at the girl with black jeans and studs but smile at the girl wearing a mini with a t-shirt that barely covers anything?

Isn’t it funny you can change your music taste to impress a guy but when it comes to a girl who likes her own music and her own style, you give her a mouthful?

ISNT IT FUNNY that a guy can get away with being a gangster but the punk gets a mouthful from everyone.

Are you laughing?

Isn’t it funny a punk can be quiet all through the week but gets more shit from everyone than the girl who sleeps around and sells her virginity?

ISNT IT FUNNY that you don’t mind your friends drinking or smoking but the minute someone mentions punk music you can give them a lecture on melodramatic teenage outcasts?

I’m not laughing.

IT’S SO FUNNY that you and your friends can make a girls life hell and not know anything about the silent battle she might be fighting.

ISN’T IT FUNNY that you can call punks, emos, goths the retards but still manage to get through your day without an inch of guilt in your heart?

HOW YOU CAN CALL A GIRL A POSER, HOW CAN YOU SAY "YOUR NOT PUNK" OR "ATTENTION SEEKER" WITHOUT SPENDING A SECOND TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHY THERE ARE CUTS ON HER WRISTS AND WHY SHE SPENDS HER LUNCHTIMES CRYING INSTEAD OR LAUGHING WITH HER FRIENDS.

KEEP ON LAUGHING.

Isn’t it funny you can say and do all this without any idea of what is going on in this person’s life?

Without knowing her situation with her friends.

Or her family.

Or her LIFE.

BRAVE ISNT GOING UP ON STAGE AND STRIPPING.

BRAVE IS NOT SAYING A SPEECH.

OR DUMPING YOUR BOYFRIEND.

BRAVE IS

GOING TO SCHOOL ON MULTI DAY AND NOT FOR A SECOND CARE WHAT THE WHORES AROUND YOU ARE SAYING ABOUT YOUR CLOTHES.

IT’S LISTENING TO YOUR OWN MUSIC AND BEING PROUD OF IT.

IT’S GOING THROUGH EVERY DAY WITH THE THINGS PEOPLE SAY TO YOUR FACE AND BEHIND YOUR BACK AND YOU STILL KEEP QUIET.

IT’S KNOWING WHAT YOUR "FRIENDS" ARE SAYING ABOUT YOU AND STILL CALLING THEM YOUR FRIENDS.

BRAVE IS KNOWING THAT TOMOROW ISNT A BRIGHT AND HAPPY FUTURE.

IT’S ANOTHER DAY OF BITCHING AND DODGING RUMORS.

KEEP ON LAUGHING.