‹ Prequel: Alone With You

Fragile

Chapter Nine.

*Zack*

Brian left the room immediately after I told him that I loved him. He didn’t say it back. That hurt me like fuck. The door opened and Jordan walked through carrying a tray of food. He smiled and crawled onto the bed.

“I got you an apple.” he said quietly passing the red food to me.

“What did you get?” I asked

“Chicken nuggets.” he smiled picking one up

“So you get the nice food while I’m stuck with an apple.” I laughed

“Helen said that that was all you could have.” he said

“Can I just have one?” I asked. He smiled and picked up the biggest one on the plastic tray. He handed it to me and I ate it quickly.

After we ate, we decided to make use of the TV that was mounted on the wall, with his apparent favourite film. Half way through the film he cuddled up to me and started picking at my t-shirt.

“Who are Iron Maiden?” he asked, not saying the name properly.

“A band, we used to know them, they might be still together, they might not, I don’t know.” I said pondering over the thought. I reached for the help button and pressed it, pausing the film also. A few minutes later a nurse popped her head around the door.

“Can I have a laptop or something please?” I asked. She looked at me confused, then realising that she was dealing with someone who didn’t know of anything other than 2009, then walked out of the door to get what I asked for. She came back and handed it to me, fully powered up and the internet was on.

“What are you doing?” Jordan asked

“Checking my myspace.” I laughed

“Your what?” he asked

“You will see.” I logged in, pleased to see that it had still remembered me, I opened my inbox and comments boxes.

‘You have 53,825 unread messages
You have 104, 924 new comments
You have 26,812 new Photo Comments’

Wow, that was a lot. I sighed and closed the window, not wanting to bore my son while I read all of the messages. I opened up another page and went onto ‘Wikipedia’ typing in ‘Iron Maiden’. I scrolled down to see that they had split up, in early 2011. I frowned and went onto the ‘Avenged Sevenfold’ page.

‘During May 2008, both guitarists went out for the night. Stories say that they were parked on the road when they were held at gun point. Zacky Vengeance was shot in the stomach while being pregnant. It was later announced that both babies survived, while Zacky still remains in a Coma in the ICU at the Pacific Hospital Of Long Beach, his long term boyfriend not wanting him to be moved anywhere else as he apparently was good friends with some of the members of staff in the premises. We make an exception of our normal rules on this site, for a vow of respect and sympathy for all those that are close to Zachary and we pray for him to be alright when he awakens.

I smiled and exited off the page. Jordan was now wiggling out of my arms to get free. I pressed the help button again and the nurse came in right away to get the laptop. Jordan ran across the room to his stuff, picking it up and bringing it back to the bed. He grabbed his Pyjamas and ran into the bathroom. I smiled and stood up. I noticed that he wouldn’t want to sleep on the floor. I dragged the two leather chairs together, so that the ends met. I grabbed his sleeping bag and a pillow and put it out for him.

He ran back into the room, with his clothes in hand and jumped on his newly made bed.

“I like this.” he said crawling into the sleeping bag.

“It weird to think that your having a sleepover in a hospital.” I laughed

“Yeah. I feel like I’m on a pirate ship.” he said swaying from side to side. I picked up the remote, not switch, remote and dimmed the lights right down, as he mentioned to me earlier that he was scared of the dark.

I got back into bed and pulled the sheets over me.

“Night.” I whispered

“Night night, I love you.”