‹ Prequel: Alone With You

Fragile

Chapter Ten.

*Brian’s POV*

I awoke to the brightness of the sun shining onto my face. Thank fuck it was Saturday, I don’t think I could take another struggle with getting Jake to school. I had to go to the shop today, check things were alright. Syn’s Tattoo’s was what the shop was called, I have four in the state, head office was in the shop along the Pacific Coast Highway. I opened it up about three years ago, and it had been a great success, I didn’t tattoo, I couldn’t draw for shit, I just walked around, doing paperwork and yell at people. I liked my employees, it was like ‘Miami Ink’ where they are all friends. Occasionally I would take the piercing needle into my hand and pierced a few lips and noses, that’s about as far as I would go.

I hauled myself out of bed, leaving Denim sleeping soundly, like nothing in her life had changed. I walked across the hallway passing that room, that room that had been locked for everyone except for me for six years. Nobody was allowed in there, only one key would fit the lock, and that key was in a place only I knew about. I walked silently into the boys room, to see that Jake was already up and watching some cartoon. I went and sat on the end of Jakes bed, noticing all four dogs were sound asleep among the cuddly toys on the floor.

“What are you doing up so early?” I asked

“I don’t know, its weird without Jordan.” Jake said

“Weird good or weird bad?”

“Both.” he laughed. I climbed up the bed and wrapped the sheets around me. Jake moved so that he was snuggled up to my side. I yawned and stretched, rolling my eyes at the familiar pirate that signalled that the start of Spongebob was starting. It was strange, Spongebob Squarepants was one of Zacky’s weaknesses, he always watched it when he thought that nobody else was there. It was the same with video games, he always like the Mario games and things like that, he could never get the hand of the hard games.

I stayed like that for about ten minutes until I decided that I couldn’t handle anymore of that annoying laugh. I walked back onto my room to see Denim was still sound asleep. I grabbed some clothes and walked into the bathroom. I pulled the clothes on quickly and told Jake to get dressed so that we could go and pick up Jordan. After he did so we jumped into the car and drove to the hospital. It was only 9:30, but somewhere deep inside I was drawn into going so early, I couldn’t just sit around and wait aimlessly for the hours to pass.

We pulled up in the hospital car park and made our way to Zack’s room. Once there I opened the door to see them both wide awake, messing with something on Zack’s bed. I smiled and let Jake go as he ran onto the bed. I went and sat in the chair next to the bed and saw that they were looking at photos that Jordan had obviously taken with him.

“How did it go last night?” I asked

“Great.” he said, his voice sounded think, as if he had been crying, probably over the photos.

“Well sorry we are here at such a shiiii’ shocking time in the morning.” I said, correcting myself from saying ‘shit’ in front of the boys

“Its okay, we were both expecting you to be here at a ‘shocking’ time.” he said laughing slightly.

“Okay, good, and listen I’m sorry about yesterday you know, I really…”

“Its okay, well its not okay, whatever.” he said cutting me off

I really didn’t know what to do, I loved him, more than anything, but everything just seemed so complicated and everything that I don’t even know who I am anymore. I mean its not as if I couldn’t just dump Denim, but she has been there through the hardest times and I couldn’t just throw that away. Just like I threw Zack away.

“Anyway Zee, I think Michelle said she would come over later, and I spoke to the hospital and they are scratching all of your visiting hours, so you may get us popping round at more ‘shocking’ times.” I muttered

“What day is it?” he asked. I felt so bad at that question, it was like he was a little lost boy.

“It’s Saturday.” I said

“So I woke up on Thursday?” he asked

“Yeah, and you may be let out on Tuesday, apparently the hospital cannot see any change in anything, your fine apparently.” I smiled

“Good.” he laughed before talking to Jake again. I studied him, even though I had seen him almost everyday since we got together, awake or not, I still couldn’t believe what I was giving up. I knew that deep down, maybe I was scared of Denim.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys, I am a bit busy with things lately, I am working on a one shot, a new story that hasn’t been posted, Mont Blanc and PDP, so its all getting a but overwhelming so I may take a few days off.

So I am putting all of my stories on a very short hiatus, and I will probably update early next week, but I may treat you and update this every so often. Sorry.