‹ Prequel: Alone With You

Fragile

Chapter Twenty One.

It was early morning, the day after Brian almost killed me and I am slowly making my way back to the bus. It took me half an hour to find my way back to somewhere I know, as you can probably tell, I went to that guys apartment, but I know for sure we didn’t have sex because I was still, well almost, fully clothed when I woke up.

The sidewalk was empty, nobody seems to be out at half five in the morning in this part of NY, actually, I don’t think I have ever seen it so quiet. I could see the buses through the metal fencing that surrounded the car park. There was a huge billboard attached to the side of the venue, ‘Avenged Sevenfold’s first show of their reunion tour October 18th’ loomed over the car park, letting everyone who drove past or walked past know what was going on. I continued walking, my hand dragging along the metal fence, my ring clanging on it whenever it touched it.

Before I knew it I was stood outside the bus. I sighed and walked on, ready to be asked, or yelled at about my whereabouts last night, well, that is, if they are awake.

“Where the fuck were you last night?” I heard a hiss as I stepped onto the bus.

I turned to see Brian, his duvet and pillow were on the couch and he was neatly tucked under them. He had clear bags under his eyes and his make up was smudged.

“At some bar,” I said quietly, walking over to the coffee machine.

“You don’t stay at a bar all night, you must’ve been somewhere else.”

I sighed.

“Okay, I met this guy, I slept at his apartment, okay?” I asked.

“So you go out and sleep with random men now, come on Zack, I thought you were better than that,” he said sadly.

“Oh, so first I’m pregnant, now I’m a whore?” I mocked, putting down the mug I had recently picked up.

I turned to look at him, his whole face yelled ‘sorry’ but at the rate he is going, its going to be damn hard to forgive him.

He stalled, “You know I didn’t mean that, I-”

“I didn’t sleep with him, I didn’t even get naked, so you can shut the fuck up and not say anything else because your just digging yourself a deeper grave,” I said, giving up on the coffee and walking into the bunks to finally get some rest.

The rest of the day went on like that, I tried my best not to talk to Brian, I didn’t see why I had to make the effort, he was the one who did what he did, I only made small talk with him during sound check. Throughout the day, me and Johnny went to go and see the kids who were already waiting in the queue, all of them very glad they came early, Jimmy had an argument with Matt Berry, one of those petty argument over nothing, so that was quite amusing and Matt had managed to break one of the microphones during sound check.

It was now ten minutes before the show and I was stood by the equipment cart waiting for our queue to go on. The roars from the crowd were the loudest I had ever heard and the smile on my face was fucking immense.

“Zack!” Brian yelled, signalling me to go over to him.

I sighed and did what he said.

“Can we just be okay, for the show, I don’t want it to fuck up,” he said. I nodded and watched as Matt walked out onto the curtained off stage, ready to begin the intro to ‘Critical Acclaim’. I ran and grabbed my guitar and ran behind him, over to the left side of the stage and took my place as Matt began the song. As the guitars kicked in, the curtain dropped to the ground, revealing the sea of loyal fans. There were banners everywhere, praising my recovery and our reformation as a band.

“How are we tonight New York city?!” Matt yelled down the mike causing an eruption of cheers from the crowd after we finished our first song.

We almost instantly blew into the intro for Second Heartbeat. As I played I looked into the crowd, nothing had changed, it was still a sweaty mess of a mosh pit and circle pits failing to keep up. I looked to the front to see a bunch of girls stood with a banner, I couldn’t read the banner properly, so I ignored it and decided I would get up closer to it later.

“Never will I forget you, and all the memories past.
So rarely I get to see your face.
Growing I looked to you in guidance.
We knew that time would kill us, but you're still so close to me.”


I smirked to myself at those lyrics, they didn’t exactly fit to my situation with Brian, but they meant something.

It was something I always did on stage, think to myself, its like when your sat on the toilet or in the bath, you just go off into your own little world. Life’s too short to have this ‘feud’ going on with Brian, I think we all know that by now.

I walked over to the middle of the stage and stood by Brian.

He leaned over, “I’m so sorry,” he said over the music, kissing the shell of my ear softly.

“Its okay,” I said, trying to concentrate on the guitar.

He smiled and stopped playing and pulled my head back in time to capture a long kiss. I smiled into the kiss and softly pulled away. I gave him a wink and walked back to my side of the stage.

The show went smoother than ever, possibly the best show we have ever played. I squealed as I ran off the stage, placing my guitar down and jumping onto the couch before anyone else could.

“Zack, you child, move up,” Johnny whined.

“Fuck off,” I laughed, and that’s what he did.

I smiled and pumped my fists in the air for victory on having the couch to myself. My victory didn’t last long though. Matt and Brian came into view, Matt was stood over me and Brian was stood at my feet. They picked me up and pulled me off, claiming the couch for their own.

“Now, do you really think that’s the way to win me back?” I asked Brian.

“You’ll come crawling back soon anyway, you know you cant resist my body,” he said.

He ran a hand down his chest in a sexy manner and moaned slightly.

“Oh, God, Zack, oh yeah,” he moaned like a whore.

“What. The. Fuck!” Matt yelled before standing and walking over to Jimmy and Johnny.

I sat next to Brian, who pulled me into him.

“I’m sorry for getting drunk last night,” I said.

“I’m sorry for making you go out and get drunk last night,” he sighed, “And making you stay the night with some random dude,” he laughed.

“He was good looking though, his body wasn’t as good as yours, but he had that pretty boy side to him, his dick isn’t as big as yours either.” My comment caught the attention of the other guys, who all looked at me like I was off some other fucking planet.

“I didn’t think you slept with him,” Brian frowned.

“I didn’t, I didn’t say I didn’t give him head though,” I laughed.

I was sat talking to Brian for a good half an hour about, well, everything. I suddenly remembered that I hadn’t taken my tablets, I voiced this to Brian who walked with me over to the tour bus.

“What tablets are these again?” he asked.

“They are the opposite of what I had before, well, sort of, they keep my male hormones and my female hormones balanced, they also stop me from having periods and getting hard, if I don’t take them then my I go crazy or some shit like that,” I said.

“Okay, lets go,” he said, jumping onto the bus.

I laughed and walked over to the bathroom, Brian hot on my heels. I rummaged around the cabinet until I found the right bottle. I opened the bottle and poured out a few tablets in my hand.

“Oh, your bitch has really done it this time,” I said.

“What?” Brian asked.

“She’s fucking taken my tablets out and replaced them with fucking Cod Liver Oil,” I yelled.

“What?” he asked.

He walked closer to me and looked into my hand, I held up the three tablets, that should be purple, now yellow. I groaned and threw the bottle at the wall, causing all the other contents to fly out.

“I swear to God, Brian, I hate her so much, I only known her for just over a month and she is already trying to make my life a misery,” I cried. He shushed me and pulled me into a hug.

If this whore wants a fight, she’s going to get a fight.
♠ ♠ ♠
=]

I am in the best mood ever, I have just been on youtube, looking at the videos of Avenged play at Leeds Festival '08, and the whole time I was thinking, 'OMG, I was there, I was there', It was by far the best thing ever, even if they did only play a few times.

But I felt like I was there all over again.

Congrats to M Shadows for finally getting married to Val, I dont know when they got married, but I know it hasnt beem for very long. I am so happy for them =]