Show Me the Way and I'll Give You a Chance

Present Time

It's been two months and I'm now living with Matt and Val in Huntington Beach. Val nearly jumped for joy when I said I'd stay. I love the guys and their girlfriends. They make me feel at home and even started calling me the Avenged Sevenfold's mascot. It took me a month to really open up and talk to them and I'm glad I did. I still haven’t told them why I became homeless in the first place. It just hurts too much to talk about it. I will tell them soon though, I just don't know when. They have been so good to me that they deserve to know. And even though I opened up to them, I'm cautious around everyone else. Still trapped in the hole I got buried in, but it won't be long until I claw my way out of the darkness, and I'm more than glad to let my new family help try to pull me out.

"You almost done packing?" Val asked walking into my room, which use to be one of their guest rooms. We had to pack for guys fall tour.

"Yep, I just got to get the essentials now.” I replied walking to the bathroom across the hall.

"You know it’s a good thing we wear the same shoe size or else we would be bringing a shit load of shoes!" Val pointed out after seeing all the shoes she bought me. Val is like the sister I never had but always wanted. She has been spoiling the shit out of me since we got back. She had asked me why my clothes only consisted of oversized t-shirts and jeans. I told her why my mom never got me good clothes. After that she made me sit with her and alter all my shirts. We made them into halter tops, tank tops, and with the really oversized ones we turned them into sundresses.

"Well it’s good we do wear the same size shoes then. I'm going to take a shower real quick before we have to go. Who knows when I‘ll get to take a decent shower again." I told her hunting for clothes to change into. It was still early, so I haven't changed out of my night close.

"Okay, We are probably going to a club tonight so I’m gonna pick you out an outfit for later and put it in my duffel. That way we can put our suitcases on the bus and not worry about it until later." She said shifting through my closet as I made my way to the bathroom.

"Okay that’s sounds like a good idea." I stated shutting the bathroom door.

After showering I dressed in a simple outfit:
Dress.
Shoes.

Once I finished with my make-up I gathered everything and placed them in the make-up traveling box thing that Gena had given me. She said she had a few lying around. I zipped up the rest of my stuff and I was ready for the road.

"Are these ready to go down stairs?" Matt asked coming up from behind me.

"Yep yep" I replied grabbing my purse and about to grab my suitcase.

"I got that, it is what I came up here for” He told me picking up the bags.

"Thanks Matty" I said standing off to the side so he could pass.

"Har-Har!" Leanna screeched prancing into my room and hugging me, "I missed you!"

"You saw me yesterday" I laughed hugging her back.

"I know but that's an awfully long time" She stated releasing me.

"Leanna I'm ready to tell you guys everything" I spoke starting to feel nervous.

"Really? Well we aren’t leaving right now so we can gather everyone in the living room and you can tell us. Don't worry I'll be right here next to you." She told me grabbing my hand. I nodded and let her pull me down to the living room where everyone already was. "Harley has something she'd like to tell us before we leave"

"What is it sweetie?" Lacey asked as all attention turned to me. Looking down I took a huge gulp before proceeding to talk.

"I know I refused to speak about my past, but you guys have been so great to me. You deserve to know about me and I'm sorry I haven't told you sooner. Two days before Val found me I was still living at home with horrible parents. My mother was a complete shrew. She was always disappointed in me, because I was not what she wanted in a daughter. She hated everything I did, everything. My dad was an abusive cunt. He would never hit my mother, but he would always hit me. He blamed me for everything bad that happened to him."

"I had a boyfriend of two years; he was the only one I told about my parents. He was 16 when we first met. He eased the pain I had inside and treated me like I was important. It was all an act. He just wanted to get into my pants and when I finally let him, everything changed. He became verbally abusive and treated me like shit, but I didn't care because I thought I was in love. All I thinking was that he gave me a place to crash at so I didn’t have to go home and get beat. I was just so attached to him that I ignored everything else. I didn't even notice the clear signs that he had been cheating."

"Until the night of this party at a friend’s house, I had no idea. I lost him in the crowd of people. I was hunting for about thirty minutes before I gave up and went in hunt of a bathroom instead. I managed to find the bathroom and him too. He was fucking my best friend. I felt my world crumble at my feet. I ran out of the bathroom and one of my friends saw me crying and stopped me. I told her what happened and she finally told me that he had been cheating on me with most of my friends since we started dating. Our whole relationship was a lie. I wanted to drown everything out so I grabbed a beer and decided to get hammered."

"When the party was over I was wasted. I stumbled all the way home. When I walked into my house my dad was ready for me. He gave me the worst beating. My mother sat off to the side and watched as he did. It gave me the push I needed to fight him off. It was hard considering I was still drunk, but once I got him off me I ran and locked myself in my room. I packed my things and jumped out the window and ran. They yelled for me to never come back. I wasn't going to. I slept on park benches and on the beach. Where ever I could find that seemed safe. Then two days later Val found me and the rest is history." I told them tears silently rolling down my face. It wasn't long before I found myself in a huge ass group hug. All the guys and all the girls piled around me.

It was like this. Me in the middle, Brian behind me, Zacky in front of me, Val to my right, Leanna to my left, Matt behind Val, Michelle behind but in between Brian and Leanna, Johnny behind Zacky, Gena next to Johnny, Lacey next to Matt, and Jimmy was behind Leanna.

"I just thought you guys deserved to know. I appreciate everything you all have done for me. You’re all angels in my mind and I love you guys." I said.

"We love you too baby girl" Brain said.

"I vote group orgy" Jimmy yelled causing everyone to laugh.

"We aren’t going to let anything bad happen to you ever again!" Matt said after everyone sat back down.

"Yeah! They'll be in for an ass kicking if they do!" Johnny stated. I laughed at him before we heard a loud honking outside.

"Time to load the buses" Matt said as everyone stood up.

Later that day we arrived at the venue. We where still in California, and everybody was pumped up to perform again. I was excited to. I didn’t want to just bum off of the guys, so I told them I’d work for them. They refused at first, but once their merch guy quit they put me in charge. I didn’t mind, I’m just glad I get to repay them somehow.

The show was already on the second act. The Confession, whom I knew because of Matt, were playing. Matt was one of the producers for the band, and they often came to chill at our house. The first band to play was known as Black Tide. I really liked the way they sounded, I hadn’t met them yet but I wanted to. The guitar playing was sick! I loved it!

At the moment I was in front of the merch stand leaning against it, while I was people watching. Scooping out all the hot guys that passed, but what can you expect? I’m a teenager, besides I loved looking at guys with long hair! That exactly what brought my attention to him. He had long hair and beautiful green eyes that instantly locked with mine. We stared at each other, not breaking eye contact. He was with a group of guys walking in my direction.

“Kick ass dress.” He spoke as he passed. I watched until he was out of view before looking down at the outfit I had on. The Iron Maiden, Trooper dress I still had on from earlier. I smiled to myself. I didn’t know who he was, or where he was from, but one thing is for sure. He liked Iron Maiden and had amazing hair.

“I can’t wait! First party of the new tour!” Zacky shouted jumping up and down.

“We’re going to a bar. Does that really count as a party?” I asked Leanna who was sitting next to me in the cab we called.

“To them anywhere with beer is a party” She said.

“Well couldn’t we have stayed on the bus then?” I continued, knowing we had shits load of beer on the bus.

“No, because not everyone would be able to fit on our bus. Everyone is coming, from the opening acts to the roadies.” Leanna replied.

“Besides, we look hot! People need to see us.” She added jokingly. I nodded and looked down at the outfit all picked out earlier.

Shirt.
Skirt.
Shoes

The girls loved to turn me into their little doll. I didn’t mind though, they made me feel pretty and confident with my looks. Once we got to the bar, everyone split up in random directions. Feeling out of place, I walked over and sat down at the bar.

“What can I get you?” The bartender asked.

“Um, a coke for right now please.” I said not in the mood to drink just yet. He nodded and quickly gave me my drink. I quietly sipped my drink and noticed someone who just sat down next to me. I looked at him silently. It was the same guy from earlier. He must have felt me staring because he turned to look at me. I quickly looked away, embarrassed I got caught. Then there was someone who came in between us. I cursed him under my breath for ruining my pleasant view.

“Why hello, are you here alone?” The guy blocking my view asked. I looked at him indifferently. That’s how I looked when I wasn’t around people I knew. I even looked at hair guy that way. I was fixing to say something when someone beat me to it.

“Zakk are you hitting on one of the Avenged’s girls?” Brian questioned walking up slinging an arm around my shoulders. Matt, who came to the other side of me, did the same. The color drained from the guy Zakk’s face.

“N-n-no, we where just leaving! Chat with you guys later!” Zakk replied, grabbing hair dude by the back of the shirt and pulling him. I continued to stare at them indifferently.

“Bye” Hair guy said before turning around and walking off with Zakk. I cocked my head to the side and watched them walk off.

“Bye” I whispered.

“Why are you all they way over here?” Brian asked ordering drinks, I shrugged.

“Who where they?” I asked the two men in front of me.

“Why? Does our little Harley have a crush?” Matt said poking fun at me.

“No I was just curious.” I told him looking at the empty space that hair guy was sitting.

“They are the opening act, Black Tide” He told me before dragging me back to the table where they were sitting.

“I saw you staring at that guy. You know the one with the long hair.” Val whispered in my ear.

“Yeah, I dunno there is something about him that just intrigues me.” I spoke quietly.

“Awe, does our little Harley have a crush?” Val cooed.

“You’ve been hanging around Matt to long.” I told her. I had to think though. Could I possibly be forming a crush on someone I’ve never actually met?
♠ ♠ ♠
So can you tell I'm a picture freak yet? Next chapter will be out soon. And just between me and you, I think its the cutest and funniest chapter yet, just wait and see. If its not out tonight it will be tomorrow some time. I also want to thank the people who commented. I love comments, they make me happy, so please leave more comments. It gives me the drive to post faster also. Oh and one more thing! I know Austin wasn't with Black Tide in 2007 but to make things less confusing on my part, and hopefully your part also, I'm just going to say Austin was already in the band. Besides I like him better than Alex, though Alex did have a kick ass guitar. Oh well just my opinion sorry if you disagree, I still love you so don't send me bitchy stuff if your an Alex fan. Okay, I'm done ranting.