‹ Prequel: The City Is at War
Status: Hiatus

You're Still My Favorite Melody

Chapter 10

“Too slutty,” Pete remarks, when I emerge from my room with yet another outfit.

“You said that about everything I’ve picked out,” I say, collapsing next to him on the couch.

“Well then that makes you a slut,” Pete says, putting his head on my lap.

Pete and I had become quite friendly in the past half hour.

“Pete!” I exclaim, pushing him on the floor.

“What? Chicks dig honesty right?” he asks, rubbing his forehead.

“Not from you,” I mutter, turning on TV.

Pete shrugs and walks into my bedroom, whistling a song I’ve never heard before. He walks out of my room a minute later, holding up a pair of black skinny jeans and a dark blue t-shirt.

“Wear this,” he orders, handing me the clothes and pushing me into my room.

I turn around to find Pete staring at me expectantly.

“I’m not changing in front of you, perv,” I say, pushing Pete toward the door.

“It’s not a big deal. I’d change in front of you,” he points out and I roll my eyes.

“Because you’re a whore.”

Pete smiles and heads for the kitchen, when I hear a door open.

What was Daniel doing home?

Pete stops in his tracks and I motion for him to come back to me. I close the door behind him and Pete gives me a confused look.

“Sabrina?” Daniel calls.

His footsteps stop right in front of my room and he knocks on the door.

“Are you in there?”

“Shit,” I hiss, looking around for someplace for Pete to hide.

“Give me a second,” I call.

“Okay um fuck. Just hide,” I whisper and Pete heads for my closet.

“I’m coming in Sabrina,” Daniel says cautiously, turning the knob.

“Daniel, don’t!” I yell, but the doors already pushed open and Daniel’s staring at Pete.

“Um, Daniel, I know this looks bad but Pete was just helping me,” I say nervously.

Daniel doesn’t even glance at me.

Instead, he takes two long strides over to Pete and punches him. And all of sudden there’s a huge fist fight on my bedroom floor.

“Fuck, Daniel stop it!” I shout, pulling him off of Pete.

Pete’s nose is bleeding but otherwise he’s fine and so is Daniel.

“Are you out of your fucking mind?!” I hiss, grabbing some tissues for Pete.

“You’re in here trying to hide some guy from me and I’m the one who’s out of his mind?!” Daniel shouts.

“I have to hide guys from you because you’re such an insecure little bitch!”

“Well maybe I wouldn’t be so insecure if you weren’t cheating on me every chance you get!”

“I never cheated-”

“Did you forget about Jay already?”

“Jay kissed me,” I say, my voice dropping to a dangerous tone.

“Yeah, ‘cause everyone just kisses you Sabrina. You’re such a slut,” Daniel hisses.

Pete takes a step toward Daniel, “don’t-”

“No Pete, its fine, I’ll just go be a slut somewhere else,” I say, grabbing Pete’s free hand.

“Sabrina!” Daniel calls, as the door slams shut behind Pete and I.
♠ ♠ ♠
3 comments for the next update...