‹ Prequel: The City Is at War
Status: Hiatus

You're Still My Favorite Melody

Chapter 14

“Daniel?” I ask cautiously, pushing open the door to the apartment Daniel and I had shared. No answer.

“Okay Pete, he’s not here,” I say pushing open the door completely and heading into my room.

On the way over we had agreed to get all of my stuff and move it over to Pete’s place. Pete pushes open the closet door and turns back around to face me, holding up my middle school uniform.

Yes a uniform. Complete with pleated skirt and an ugly school logo.

“Don’t say it,” I say, emptying a drawer into one of two duffle bags.

“This is so hot,” Pete laughs.

“Shut up.”

“I can seriously picture you wearing this!” I grab the uniform and push Pete out of my room.

“Go wait outside,” I hiss.

A couple minutes later, I’m finished packing and Pete texts me. Daniel’s coming.

Crap. I grab the two duffle bags and head for the door but Daniel makes it there first.

“I’m so happy you came back! I love you so-” Daniel exclaims, attempting to hug me.

“Daniel, we need to...we need to break up,” I say quietly, removing his arms from around me.

“But Sabrina, I thought you...” Daniel begins and his eyes narrow as if he’s finally realizing something.

“It’s him isn’t it? You’re leaving me for that guy from yesterday! Pete was it? You’re fucking-”

“No, Daniel this isn’t about Pete. It’s about us. It’s how you don’t trust me and how you think I’m a slut. Does that ring a bell?” I hiss and Daniel sighs.

“I trust you,” Daniel points out stubbornly before continuing, “and look I called you a slut ‘cause I was mad. I felt so bad about it... I’m just really sorry Sabrina,” Daniel says, attempting to kiss me.

“You felt so bad you what?” I ask, raising an eyebrow and crossing my arms.

“Can’t we just-”

“Daniel, tell me.”

“I did a little coke. I know you don’t like it but its okay because you’re here now. We can make up and I won’t-” Daniel adds hastily.

“I’m done, okay? You need help-”

I never get to finish my sentence because Daniel pushes me against a wall. Oh shit that hurt.

Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit.

“I don’t need help!” he yells and I’m scared.

Oh fuck, what did I get myself into?

I’ve never seen this side of Daniel, although I had heard the stories. Previous girlfriends had warned me of his violent moods but after three months I’d stopped listening. And after a month of dating, the coke had stopped or so I thought.

I was so fucking scared, I couldn’t even call for Pete. I couldn’t speak at all. Instead I just close my eyes and wait for Daniel to speak or kick my ass...whichever.

“I don’t want to talk about the coke right now,” Daniel mumbles, attempting to kiss me again.

I squirm under his grip and manage to avoid the kiss but that only makes things worse. I am so fucked.

“Why won’t you kiss me?” Daniel says in frustration, slamming the wall on either side of my head.

How did I get myself into this?

“Pete!” I scream, my voice finally coming out, raw and afraid.

“Shut up!” Daniel screams and Pete throws him off of me.

I let out the breath, I had been holding in; I was okay.

Pete on the other hand well, for such a short guy he was kicking Daniel’s ass. I pull Pete off of Daniel and he grabs my bags and he leaves the room. I follow a stoic Pete through the door.

“You weren’t supposed to break his nose Pete,” I say, referring to Daniel’s bloody nose.

“He deserved every fucking punch. Shit, did he hurt you?” Pete asks, stopping in the hallway.

“Pete, I’m fine.”

Pete narrows his eyes, “you’re a bad liar, you know that? Tell me where he hit you.”

“I’m fine mom. And hey, I am not a bad liar! There are a lot of people who still think I’m a virgin,” I point out.

Pete snorts, “yeah right.”

“What I can’t pass for a virgin?!” I exclaim.

“Sabrina, I’m your friend, you can’t be a virgin,” Pete retorts.

I don’t even bother with a response and join Pete in his laughter. The mood had shifted and I was grateful for that. I didn’t want to talk about Daniel, not now or ever.

“I can’t believe he thought we were fucking,” I mutter to myself.

“It’s not that hard to believe, I mean you have to control your emotions Sabrina,” Pete says and I roll my eyes.

“Oh yeah, Pete it’s just so hard to control myself you know. You’re just so hot,” I say smirking.

“I don’t appreciate your sarcasm, Sabrina. It hurts...right here,” Pete says, patting his crotch.

“Ugh, Pete you’re such a whore,” I laugh pushing him away.

“Does that make you a whore lover?” he asks.

“Hells yeah!” I exclaim, when someone pokes their head out of their door.

“You’re such a good fuck Pete,” I say loud enough for the uptight woman in the doorway to hear me.

Pete smirks and puts his arms around me, “I think we should go for a round three.”

The woman clears her throat and Pete coughs to hide his laughter.

“Only if you promise to moan like a whore.”

The woman gasps and runs back into her house and Pete and I fall into hysterics.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, things start picking up after this!
Where did all the comments go? I want 3 comments for this chapter!!