‹ Prequel: The City Is at War
Status: Hiatus

You're Still My Favorite Melody

Chapter 16

“Are you sure everything’s okay? You seem really anxious,” William says, giving me a concerned look.

William and I were sitting in a four-star restaurant waiting for the waitress to come back with our bill. The dinner had been fun and William was being a perfect gentleman. Everything had been perfect but I couldn’t seem to get Gabe off of my mind.

As usual.

“No, Bill, everything’s great. This whole night has been perfect-”

“But...?”

“No buts William. I’m having fun. See!” I exclaim, pointing to the bright smile on my face and earning a couple stares from the other diners.

William laughs, “enough fun to go out with me again?”

“Well I don’t know, if I had that much fun...” I trail off, smirking slightly.

“Oh that hurts right here Sabrina,” William mutters, holding his chest.

I smile and shrug, just as the waitress returns.

“Here’s your check,” she mutters, slapping the paper on the table.

William glances at the bill before quickly handing over a few bills and standing up. I frown and get my coat before following William out of the restaurant. I didn’t want the night to end just yet. William drives me back to Pete’s place and he walks me to the door.

“So about that second date...?” William trails off, ruffling his hair nervously.

“Yeah, I’d like that,” I say, lacing my hand with his.

“I’ve been dying to do this all night, but the timing was never-”

“William, just shut up and do it already,” I say, putting my arms around his waist. William leans downs to kiss me and just as his lips brush mine, the door pushes open.

Pete and Gabe come waltzing out the door; Pete's wearing a huge smile and Gabe's frowning deeply.

"Hey Sabrina! How was the date? Did you guys get to second base?" Pete asks, without pausing.

"Shut the fuck up Pete!" I shout and he just smiles even wider.

I sigh and turn to William, “I'll um see you later William.”

William nods and mutters a half-hearted yeah, before walking off.

“I’m going to kill both of you,” I hiss, turning my attention to Pete and Gabe.

Pete smiles sheepishly, “We're really sorr-”

“Just get inside. Not you though,” I say, realizing that Gabe is following Pete back inside.

"Sabrina, you still need to answer that question," Gabe says, leaning back against the wall.

"No I don't. I need to go inside and kick Pete's ass and-" I begin, attempting to walk into the apartment, but as expected, Gabe stops me.

"Go out with me, tomorrow night," he interrupts and I stare at him.

He wasn't serious. No, he couldn't be. No way. He was just .

"That's um...that's a good joke Gabe," I mutter, inching closer to the door.

"I'm not-"

I run into Pete's apartment and slam the door closed behind me. That was too close.
♠ ♠ ♠
3 comments please =]