‹ Prequel: The City Is at War
Status: Hiatus

You're Still My Favorite Melody

Chapter 17

“Hey Bill,” I say happily, kissing his cheek. William pulls me into a hug and returns the kiss.

“So you wanted talk or did you just wanna...walk?” I ask, pulling away from him.

William smiles nervously and shoves his hands in his pockets, “uh, both.”

I nod and William and I begin walking side by side at a lazy gait. A couple of minutes into the comfortable silence that had formed, William stops walking and bites his lip.

“What’s wrong?” I ask, stopping a few inches away from him. William pulls his hands out of his pockets, to run a hand through his messy hair.

“I just um...I’ve liked you for a long time and I uh well I’m not sure how you feel but-”

I roll my eyes and walk over to William, “I like you too.” William smiles, although the nervousness never quite leaves his eyes.

“I just thought that you and Gabe were um...you know...together,” he mutters, staring down at the pavement.

“No way, we aren’t together. At all. He’s not...um...my type,” I finish weakly and William raises an eyebrow.

“Oh yeah, so what is your type?”

“I don’t know, I guess guys like you,” I say smiling up at William who returns the favor.

“That’s good...” he says slowly.

“What’s good?”

“Well I...um...I thought that um...if you wanted to maybe...you could um be my girlfriend and uh I could be your-”

It was obvious that William was struggling; I had to put him out of his misery.

“I’d love to be your girlfriend William,” I say and he smiles and pulls me into a hug.

I raise myself to the very tips of my toes and softly push my lips against his. When breathing becomes a necessity again, we pull away smiling unabashedly at each other.

“So,” he says, grasping my hand in his, “you hungry?”

“Yeah, let’s go get some lunch,” I suggest and William pulls me forward, animatedly talking about some new restaurant he wanted to show me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the shortness.