‹ Prequel: The City Is at War
Status: Hiatus

You're Still My Favorite Melody

Chapter 23

“Hey Sabrina!” a voice calls and I turn around, pushing my sunglasses off my nose. I had been shopping with Pete and Patrick, who had disappeared as soon as we stepped outside of the cab.

I was currently sitting in a quaint little café, sipping on a very tasteless smoothie. The waiter was a huge pervert and had given me his number scrawled across a napkin. I might’ve humored him had he not been staring at my boobs the entire time.

“Oh shit,” I groan, when I recognize the person who had yelled my name. Gabe.

William and I were fine now but it was obvious that he didn’t like the relationship Gabe and I had. He hadn’t voiced his concern yet but whenever Gabe came over, he held me a little tighter and became more affectionate than usual.

“I can’t ever hide from you can I?” I mumble, smiling weakly.

“You’re the only girl I know, who gives me that face when I say her name.”

Gabe sits down across from me and smiles genuinely. I sigh and smile; this was the Gabe that I liked.

The one who wasn’t trying to have sex with me.

All the fucking time.

“Sorry, it’s just...William doesn’t like it when we’re together,” I mutter.

“I know. But I’m not...I mean I wouldn’t um... not while you guys were dating anyway,” he says uncomfortably.

What? My boyfriends had never stopped him before.

“Um right,” I mumble, turning back to my tasteless smoothie. I take a small sip from the glass and make a noise of disgust

“Do you uh...wanna come back to my place? I can make a much better smoothie,” Gabe says, watching me hopefully.

“Um, I don't really think that's a good idea ,” I say slowly.

“Just for a little while,” Gabe pleads and even though I shouldn’t, I give in.

Even though I’m pretty sure that Gabe has no clue how to make a smoothie, I still follow him out of the café.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was actually supposed to be much longer bu I've decided to split it into three parts.