‹ Prequel: The City Is at War
Status: Hiatus

You're Still My Favorite Melody

Chapter 4

"I can't believe you Daniel. It hasn't even been an hour and you're already fucked out of your mind," I hiss.

Daniel and I had decided to go out and have a few drinks. Instead, Daniel had done all the drinking and I was stuck babysitting him.

"I'm not drunk," Daniel slurs, before downing another beer.

I roll my eyes and grab his arm, leading Daniel towards the exit. I didn't really expect to bump into William and Gabe, each accompanied by identical blonds.

"Um hey guys. I was just leaving so-"

Gabe narrows his eyes, glancing between Daniel and I, while William stares at me in complete shock.

"Who's that?" Gabe asks, breaking the silence and pointing to Daniel.

"This is um, Daniel," I answer nervously.

Daniel smiles and wraps an arm around my waist.

"My girlfriend," he says proudly.

I groan and slap my palm to my forehead, as William's expression changes into a mixture of jealousy, anger and disgust.

"Have you slept with him yet?" Gabe hisses.

"That isn't-" I begin slowly.

"Fuck yeah, man. She fucks like-" Daniel exclaims.

"Daniel," I hiss, swatting his arm.

I turn back to Gabe and William whose faces are completely devoid of color and smile weakly.

"He's um a little drunk," I mutter.

The blond hanging off of William's arm sighs.

"Can we go back to your place now Bill?" she asks.

William glances at me before turning back to the girl, "yeah, sure. She's not important."

I roll my eyes, "are you really going to act like this?"

"Let's go Brittany," William mutters, turning towards the door.

"I'm not going to let you walk away without saying anything," I hiss, grabbing his arm.

William pulls his arm out of my grasp and shoots me a glare, "I don't have anything to say to you."

I take a step back in surprise because I've never heard William sound so cold.

"I...I'm so sor-"

"If there was anything you needed to say to me, you should have picked up the goddamn phone."

William walks out of the club pulling Brittany along with him.

I try to go after him but Gabe grabs my arm, "don't."

"He needs to know-"

Gabe shakes his head and I roll my eyes, "I need to talk to him."

"He needs time to cool off."

"You don't know anything about William. Just a couple months ago he thought you were shit," I hiss and I instantly know it's the wrong thing to say.

"Gabe, I-"

"Save it," he hisses, already turning away.

"Gabe-"

"Look, hun, Gabe doesn't like you and he wants you to go away," the blond on Gabe's arm says slowly.

"Is that why he kissed me today, hun?" I retort.

I'm in no mood to deal with this bimbo.

Her jaw drops and she turns to Gabe, "you did what?!"

"Nothing Faye. She's just um...can you get us some drinks?" Gabe asks nervously.

Faye glares at me before smiling, "okay!"

As soon as Faye is out of sight, Gabe pulls me into a corner.

"She's a real Einstein huh?" I laugh.

"What the hell is your problem?" Gabe hisses, ending my laughter abruptly.

"I have a strict no-bimbo policy," I mutter.

Gabe stares at me incredulously, "that doesn't make it okay!"

I sigh, "I'm not letting you go home with her."

"I didn't tell you that you couldn't fuck your boyfriend!"

At this I look up and realize that Daniel is no longer by my side.

"Shit," I mumble, standing up.

"Where are you going?" Gabe asks, grabbing my arm.

"To find my boyfriend."

Gabe smirks and pulls me closer to him, "I'm not letting you go home with him. "

"Gabe, no."

Gabe laughs and tries to pull me toward the door but I don't move.

"I can let you walk out of the door or I can carry you," Gabe says slowly.

I push past Gabe and walk out of the club, already thinking of reasons why this is a bad idea.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm back from the hospital!!! =]
In case you didn't get the message, I was in the hospital this past week , with appendicitis.