A Ban On Moshing? - Comments

  • FrankJScott

    FrankJScott (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    57
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    Please try <a href=https://www.google.com/>Google</a> before asking <a href=https://dev-forum.vmssoftware.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=17917&p=41095#p41095>New Onlne Casino Blog</a> 37f6ce8
    September 29th, 2023 at 08:22am
  • FrankJScott

    FrankJScott (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    57
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    Please try <a href=https://www.google.com/>Google</a> before asking <a href=https://mail.forum.vuwpgsa.ac.nz/viewtopic.php?p=8563#p8563>Awesome Onlne Casino Site</a> c4e7037
    September 29th, 2023 at 04:44am
  • tkm69

    tkm69 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    i'm not one to mosh.
    but it would be retarded to put a ban on moshing.
    going to concerts is one of my favorite things in the world to do and almost every concert i've ever been to, people mosh.
    and if people want to complain about others doing it they shouldn't go to concerts.
    and at some concerts, for example: warped tour... there are signs around that say warning: moshing may occur...or something along the lines of that.. so people are warned.
    so it'd be dumb to ban moshing.
    February 12th, 2010 at 03:34pm
  • quaf

    quaf (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    United States
    i am not the one to mosh and stuff (well maybe a litlle) but putting a ban on moshing is just retarded. like oyu said its you choice, if you go into a mosh pit you know that you are usually going to fall, get hit, and etc.
    i have been annoyed when i am at a concert and am by an mosh pit and the people are in my way or making me get distracted from the performers cause of me getting pushed. but banning? i don't think thats called for. if they ban moshing soon their all going to be like "oh headbanging is band for you neck and can eff up you brain" and bull crap like that. just saying that if people want to ban moshing the people that are all for it are just plain queer and babies.

    -quaf ^_^
    September 26th, 2008 at 11:40pm
  • vince noir.

    vince noir. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Australia
    If there's one thing I've noticed about moshing, its that I never really feel or notice any pain until after the show has finished.
    I find myself too caught up in the moment to care that I just got kicked in the face for the tenth time, am getting pushed in the back or my nose is broken.

    The majority of the time, if some one falls over in the mosh, some one will notice and help them up. Most people don't go moshing to deliberately endanger other people.

    Also I've found on a lot of tickets it will say "Moshing is a dangerous practice. Participate at own risk." people are warned, they know the dangers.
    September 13th, 2008 at 07:33am
  • xXoXpanicXoXx

    xXoXpanicXoXx (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    Dude....
    Banning moshing??
    That is a complete load of grade A bull shit!!
    If the venues are so concerned, put a sign out infront of the placse saying "If you mosh, we are not liable for any losses and/or injuries."
    Simple as that!!
    I have been to many shows and I remember one this year that was a very nice moshing expierence!
    I was expecting it to be very gruesome and dangerous but rewarding just like my past expierences...
    But no...
    Some idiot pushed another guy and the domino effect took place. The whole pit feel down.
    Instead of a whole riot erupting, everyone was helping each other up and the band stopped to make sure everyone was okay.
    It was a pretty odd expierence but it shows that .00001% of the time while moshing, you get a nice mosh. XDD
    September 12th, 2008 at 05:04am
  • rissaROMANCE.

    rissaROMANCE. (200)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Australia
    I attend concerts for music and moshing.
    No other reason.

    I was at a concert early last year and got up the front.
    I left with a red line across my stomach.
    Scratches all over my back from the idiot behind me's belt.

    I NEVER REGRETED A SECOND OF IT.

    Why take away that? Why would anyone want to take this away?
    It's been part of the rock 'n' roll culture for many years.
    Why stop now?

    LIVE FOR THE MOSH!
    September 5th, 2008 at 07:51am
  • xofireatwillox

    xofireatwillox (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    A ban on moshing would be so stupid...if people wish to risk possible injuries doing something they love then why take it away? Sports are no different! Mosh pits are a release for me so I don't go into everyday life and start hurting people outside of the pit
    September 5th, 2008 at 02:38am
  • industrial butterfly

    industrial butterfly (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Canada
    I love moshing!
    Seriously, if they do ban it anywhere in Ontario (if they have), I will shit bricks.
    Its basically just going crazy cause of all the adrenaline and beat, and just pure enjoyment that has been pent up.
    I personally like going to concerts because I have a very hyper personality, meaning that if people are hyper around me, my life gets 10 times better.

    I suppose moshing might be a form of expression, why ban that? Sure, it gets dangerous, but as a person commented as well ; they could just be led out by the sec's.

    I admit that it is scary - it was at least for my first experience, getting punched was not fun, but if that ever occurs, just brush it off and enjoy what you came for, hell, start going crazy yourself.

    I was 13 when I attended my first concert, and I must say that I wasn't even thinking of getting 'battered to death by the moshers'. I've almost fallen about several times, but the people around you help you up, just like if you stand around the pit, you push the moshers back in. It's like some dysfunctional psycho family that picks you up when you fall, but just throws ya back into chaos, I think. Honestly, if it bugs you that much, don't even go. Concerts have a history of it, why should it be changed? :(

    Good article though,
    I probably rambled about nothing just for the point of :P
    September 4th, 2008 at 04:48am
  • Octopus

    Octopus (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    Extremely well put article.

    And, to my knowledge, moshing tends to go on in the middle, or towards the back of the crowds. So, if people don't want any part of it, stay to the side or out of the crowd altogether. I tend to stay up front, even if it means getting kicked in the head a dozen times.
    August 27th, 2008 at 08:17am
  • CakeIsMe

    CakeIsMe (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Location:
    United States
    -stay away from the mosh pit
    -if it erupts next to you just try to get out.
    When I was in a mosh pit and my tied shoe came off I had to get out. Almost everyone there were good about it, when i fell they picked me up. I told them I needed to get out they passed the message along and it wasn't to bad. Scary as hell but amazing afterwards. Even if it erupts and you can't get out I just started shoving and what not back to keep a space for me. Even just stay to the sides. Then the guys who weren't good about it I kicked them to keep them away they just thought I was moshign and moved away.
    August 25th, 2008 at 09:40pm
  • Angelus.

    Angelus. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    I love moshing!
    Maybe they should prohibit alcohol at gigs instead, as a lot of mosh pits can get dangerous because of drunk idiots.
    August 24th, 2008 at 01:29am
  • Kiss Me Deadly.

    Kiss Me Deadly. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    I don't want to sound crazy or with a fowl mouth, but this is fucking bullshit!!!
    Moshing is a supporting factor of my life!!!
    I can't believe they're going to take away moshing or trying to!!!
    What?! Are they going to make us ballroom dance at punk shows???
    They can be dangerous, but come on.
    August 23rd, 2008 at 12:27am
  • the-vampiress-angel

    the-vampiress-angel (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    Ireland
    I know where they are coming from and shit but come on they say at 90% of venues you will be thrown out without a refund if you are in or started a mosh pit. And do you know how many times I've seen that happen? NONE. Event staff do try there best but they never try break up a mosh pit, it's nearly impossible.
    Now all the gigs I've been ta when there was moshing everyone would stop or pick a person up if they fell. And if anything was wrong with them they would get event staff or a medic to see them.
    They should be cracking down on more serious things like guns and gang land murders not moshing because it's the persons own risk like smoking or drinking.
    August 22nd, 2008 at 10:45pm
  • wxyz

    wxyz (240)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    96
    Location:
    Aland Islands
    I completely understand the point of view that it's dangerous and people can get badly hurt, but I think forcing an entire ban on it would be plain daft, to be honest. I think it should be cautioned, but not completely axed. I say, if you don't want to risk being hurt, stay well away, and if you want to mosh, do so but with caution.
    August 19th, 2008 at 11:37pm
  • Promises?

    Promises? (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    okay, if you don't wanna get hurt, then don't go into a mosh pit, simple as that. If you get hurt, it's not anybody's fault, you chose to do it. If you like moshing, good for you. If you don't mind the bruises or injuries, that's great! If they end up banning moshing, it won't matter, cuz people are gonna do what they want anyway. They should know that.
    August 19th, 2008 at 03:28am
  • alisz x

    alisz x (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Canada
    Ive been to some concerts where I couldnt even breath and almost fainted because of the lack of oxygen and still, I keep on going, its " fun " for me. If I get my ass kicked, then Ill try to kick the other asshole ass too, I mean im there to see a nice show. Crowsurfing, moshing, it all goes with a show, its the adrenaline. If you think you may fall, hit, or pushed around, just get off the front and go a little bit at the back or somewhere where it is calmer, cause not everyone in the concert is moshing. I dont think they should ban moshing, its just wrong.
    August 19th, 2008 at 01:56am
  • Squirrely.Kassi

    Squirrely.Kassi (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    I like the article,
    I also believe don't they have a section for moshing?
    I mean as long as moshers go with their own geristriction (sp?)
    and not roam to other parts and hurting people who don't wanna mosh,
    It's fine by me... ^_^

    I love the article and feel that this is quiet amazing actually,
    But I think it's to help the concerts place,
    as you said,
    from getting sued becuase it happens a lot...
    August 19th, 2008 at 01:07am
  • Freaka.

    Freaka. (220)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    I got elbowed in the face at an MSI gig and it was probably one of the best gigs I've been to.
    I fell over at a DevilDriver gig and was promptly picked up by other moshers- it's courtesy to stop people getting hurt in a pit. Some people will always try to start trouble- you get it on the streets, you get it at shows, you get it at school.
    Banning moshing will not stop these arseholes from going out and being arseholes.
    Very few people have been killed in moshpits- and usually those were the massive festival pits where people don't get picked up e.g Limp Bizkit in Austrailia and Guns N Roses at Download (both in the 90s).
    I've been injured in pits and hell yeah I'd go back in again and get more bruises- there's a rush from moshing that you can get without strapping elastic around your legs and jumping off a bridge, falling out of a plane or popping pills.
    If you don't want to go in a pit, don't go. If you want a better view, get there earlier than the doors open. Simple as.
    August 19th, 2008 at 12:36am
  • radical

    radical (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Canada
    This is a perfect example of the minority outshining the majority.

    Great article by the way
    August 19th, 2008 at 12:34am