A Ban On Moshing? - Comments

  • jherixxemergency

    jherixxemergency (250)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    I find that ridiculous, and even if states passed the law, I doubt rougher venues would listen, anyway. I went to a Hatebreed concert at Harpo's of Detroit and a guy smashed his head open against the wall, but the moshes continued and he was just hauled off in an ambulance like it were a normal occurance.

    I love the mosh, and I will be very upset if they ban it, though in large crowds, I don't see how they could really tell who started it/participated in it unless they're very close to the security guards. That's just my opinion from what I've seen though. I'm sure they have continuous shot cameras to place arrests, but this is absurd.

    Moshing is just fun, though it is dangerous, but think about it -- all sports, horseback riding, adrenaline sports (bungee jumping, rock climbing, etc.) all can also be extremely dangerous. It's a cultural sport in a way. The end of moshing will put a hole in alternative/underground society.
    August 16th, 2008 at 11:03pm
  • AndyChaotic;

    AndyChaotic; (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    I've had my share of cuts and bruises from mosh pits and I've even sprained my ankle by being pushed down, I've been kicked in the head numerous of times whilecrowd surfing. I think that's fucking bullshit! I live for the moshpits, great music+mosh pit=excellent show in my opinion and plus! Mosh pits are PART of some bands shows Like at a BMTH show I went to Oliver Sykes demanded us to get in a pit circle and "smash some fucking faces" as he put it. When I went to WoP and Cannibal Corpse, everyone moshed and it was an awesome show. The front man of WoP came and moshed with us during Decimate the Weak. So that's taking apart half of their show. If you can't handle the pit, don't stand near it and DON'T go in it.
    August 16th, 2008 at 10:59pm
  • Zayla Starr

    Zayla Starr (250)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    This is absurd. Stop moshing?! What's next, we all have to sit in seats?!
    August 16th, 2008 at 10:51pm
  • Chelsea.Dagger

    Chelsea.Dagger (200)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    I love the mosh. It's the best part of a concert, aside from seeing the band of course.
    It's a thrill, just like sky diving, etc. (As mentioned.) Banning it would be just stupid.
    If it was to be banned, I don't think it would stop it. It's not just mosh pits that cause injuries, crowd-surfing does too.

    Several times I have obtained most of my injuries by crowd surfers kicking my head as they come over. Out of every concert I have been to, I have been injured but it's still fun and an experience.

    I do not agree with the banning.
    August 16th, 2008 at 10:49pm
  • ZombieBunnyKILL

    ZombieBunnyKILL (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    NO!
    They can't stop it!
    Then what are we supposed to do to the music?
    [i]Stand still[/i] and yell out the words?
    And if people are getting hurt, they didn't need to be in the pit in the first place. That's why you stay away from them.
    August 16th, 2008 at 10:42pm
  • TearsOfTheYouth

    TearsOfTheYouth (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    Ugh come one. Moshing is like required at rock concerts.
    Plus It's fun to watch from above =D
    August 16th, 2008 at 10:38pm
  • Pikachu

    Pikachu (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    At the venue I go to they pass out a little piece of paper while you walk in saying "No moshing or body passing"
    yeah no one ever pays attention to those. >_>

    And like if you don't won't to get hurt or shoved don't mosh. I mean some people like moshing so let them mosh. Exactly how would they make sure no one moshed if it had a ban? Like have security guards EVERYWHERE? Seems rather silly to me.
    August 16th, 2008 at 10:21pm
  • Steffy Michelle

    Steffy Michelle (500)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    This is bullshit. They shouldn't ban moshing! I don't mosh, never will, it's just not my thing, but I enjoy watching it. And it's not even really moshing don't the kids who actually do it call it "hardcore dancing"? I've heard stories from people who went to a hardcore gig and told me they got stuck in a mosh pit when they didn't want it but some people directly pull you out and I've hurt that some bands stop playing when something happens in the mosh pit. What's next? Ban the wall of death too? That would be even more bullshit, a while ago I went to a gig of Caliban where it's the habit to have a wall of death every gig they do. And if you don't want to get involved into a wall of death, you just move aside. No one will make you do it. YOU decided if you want to mosh or not. Every gig has dangers, I've seen people faint many times, if you don't want to take risks when you go to a gig, go watch it on YouTube.
    August 16th, 2008 at 10:21pm
  • Tainted Seance

    Tainted Seance (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    I'd love it if they were to fully ban moshing. It's so ridiculous at concerts; I can't enjoy the show what-so-ever.
    August 16th, 2008 at 10:08pm
  • Rach.

    Rach. (460)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    nooo the mosh's the best part of every concert!!!
    August 16th, 2008 at 09:53pm
  • Silly_Girl

    Silly_Girl (350)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    That's would make me happy. I would be much more inclined to go to shows. :]
    August 16th, 2008 at 09:52pm
  • taking back sunday.

    taking back sunday. (105)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    I really don't have a problem with it. It would limit injuries and probubly even deaths. Its not like you can't move at all. Its just limiting the dangerous part.
    August 16th, 2008 at 09:47pm
  • tweezers.

    tweezers. (600)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    103
    Location:
    United States
    Really, how are they going to be able to stop moshing? Feed everybody morphine before the show? I'm not crazy about mosh pits myself, but I would never dream of banning them. They're part of the concert experience. If people want to mosh, they're going to frelling mosh whether it's allowed or not. It's dangerous and at times it can be incredibly stupid to even [i]think[/i] about joining a mosh pit, like when it's turning into a riot or something, but I don't think it should be illegal.

    I think the venue owners should just go out onstage before the concert and be like "Okay, if anybody gets hurt in the mosh pit, use your common sense and get the fuck out of there, kk?". I know it's their venue and they own it and all, but I really don't see how they're going to be able to prevent people from moshing. Concerts get crazy and people forget about pretty much everything but the music, and chances are they're going to forget that moshing is banned as well.

    That being said, this was a great article, very interesting. Good job.
    August 16th, 2008 at 09:39pm