Russell Brand Resigns Over BBC Row - Comments

  • Flynn Rider

    Flynn Rider (300)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Guam
    Jeez, sorry to say, but I will say it... Those 18,000some people...
    They're not EVEN part of it. So why complain in the first place!?

    Christ damn it... People over react. It's silly of them.
    Russell is a great comedian, he's awesome :file:
    November 3rd, 2008 at 09:45am
  • PowerLizzie Saosin

    PowerLizzie Saosin (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Location:
    United States
    I love Russell Brand. He's a comedian for goodness' sake. What's great about him is all the messed up stuff he says. He's just doing his thing, mate. Let it go, I say.
    November 3rd, 2008 at 08:17am
  • lifeonfilm

    lifeonfilm (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    Noooooo
    My life
    What am I supposed to download from iTunes for actual entertainment now?!
    Ugghhh
    So uncool/unfair/stupid.
    November 3rd, 2008 at 06:50am
  • Columbia

    Columbia (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    I'm not even really sure why this bothered people.
    Probably only becos Russell was involved.
    Had it been anyone else no one would have cared
    November 3rd, 2008 at 01:05am
  • Glow Worm.

    Glow Worm. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    I think this is ridiculous. Russell is a comedian. Comedians make fun of people. Yea maybe they went a bit to far this time, but so what? It's what they do.
    November 2nd, 2008 at 07:55pm
  • Penguin.

    Penguin. (350)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    You have to think abou all the points of view here.
    -Mr.Sachs. He requested for it not to go on air and it was then later aired, which it really shouldn't have been. He was extremely offended by the 'He fucked your Granddaughter' comment.
    -His granddaughter. Even if what they said was true, it was unfair on her for that to be said nationally.
    -Russel Brand. He was just trying to be funny and make the best out of the situation, but then after it was aired was preassured and felt he had no other escape
    - Ditto for Johnathan Ross
    -The producer that rang up Mr.Sachs who then quit his job was asked not to put it on air but still did.
    -The BBC. Although part of it was thier fault, they are under the most preassure. Lose viewers in what could cost them millions, or save some money and cut off the problem?

    I think Russel Brand is a great comedian and I watch him when ever he's on TV, but unless you think of every-one's point of view, you don't actually see how much it's affected people.
    November 2nd, 2008 at 07:54pm
  • death by rainbow.

    death by rainbow. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    As I heard on a television program at some point about this, there's a big difference in the opinions of younger people and the opinion of older.
    For us young people, Russell Brand (who also happens to be majorly hot. xD.) and Jonathon Ross are a good opportunity to watch good comedy shows/listen to good comedy radio shows. For the older generation (excepting my mum who has a hugee crush on Russell, though agrees with suspending Jonathon) find the pair - definitely Brand rude and obscene.
    Whereas the younger generation don't agree. To be honest I think we are used to rudeness and 'obscenity' from a pretty early age. I mean, for a lot of our parents internet is still pretty new, and right now there's a lot of porn on the internet, which all of you guys & me are open to view. Not that I would, that's sick. o.o
    But that's my point of view. =].
    Also, I think it was a few of them who are seriously against this, the rest just wanted to be part of the crowd; didn't want to be left behind. It seems a pretty stupid thing to get so angry about to me anyway.

    Emily
    x
    November 2nd, 2008 at 07:42pm
  • StayPerfect

    StayPerfect (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    It went too far and should never have got the publicity it did. People need to get over it now.
    Also, just so you know, Jonathan isn't a comedian. He tries to be but just isn't. He's a presenter and he doesn't have a show on Channel 4. He's only contracted to BBC. As far as I know you can only be contracted to have your own show on one channel at a time. And to be honest I don't think he's that bothered over loosing 1 million since he earns 4.5 million a year and is the highest paid personality in Britain.

    It was a week after it was broadcasted, before the first story of it was published in the news paper then there were 10,000 people that complained. Only a mild number complained who actually heard it properly. So I think most poeple just jumped on the band wagon and wanted something to complain about.
    November 2nd, 2008 at 07:18pm
  • strange.

    strange. (310)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    He should come back :( -sobs-
    His is the only podcast I get, now I have nothing to laugh over D:
    Only 2 people that actually listened to to the podcast complained, everyone else just jumped on the band wagon.
    November 2nd, 2008 at 07:11pm
  • nikkinightmare

    nikkinightmare (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    I think that's kind of ridiculous. It's really not that bad.
    November 2nd, 2008 at 05:41pm
  • Airi.

    Airi. (2240)

    :
    NaNoWriMo 2016
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    I think people made too much of a big deal over that.
    November 2nd, 2008 at 05:39pm