Magic Slowly Fading From Harry Potter Movies - Comments

  • Lady Lazarus;

    Lady Lazarus; (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    103
    Location:
    Denmark
    Ugh. All my friends have seen it, and the hxc fans like me said it was bad, and the non hxc ones said it was good. And that fire scene at the Burrow was ridiculous. They had enough room for that, yet didn't for Dumbledore's funeral?? Crazzy.

    And how could they not put in the fight scene at Hogwarts?? That is ridiculous! If it was repeated in the books, then it must have good reason to be repeated in the movies too. David Yates is on my hate list now.
    July 21st, 2009 at 06:16pm
  • link;;

    link;; (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    I think I may watch it out of curiosity, but I've really lost interest in Harry Potter. I like the relationship between Harry and Ginny though, it's adorable.

    I can't believe they're really taking the funeral out. That's just sad.
    June 18th, 2009 at 08:08am
  • crazy.beautiful

    crazy.beautiful (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    37
    Location:
    United States
    I know the books and I've come to enjoy the movies. I was let down at the fifth one, but that's because I finished re-reading it about an hour before I went to see the movie. As I've re-watched the fifth film, I like that adaptation. For what they chose to portray, I think they did a decent job. It's my favorite book in the series, but my least liked film. I'm actually anxious to see this take on the sixth book.

    In response to a few other comments, unless you're not paying attention, the moment Snape say's "it's over" or something like that, that's after he kills Dumbledore, there's a scene with Death Eaters on a tower at Hogwarts, and they do show the small fight between Harry and Snape as Snape flees the grounds. So you're given the implication of a battle at Hogwarts. And if they focus too much on Voldemort for the likes of some people, oh well. He's a main character too, he deserves a little spotlight too. He's the reason the fight at Hogwarts comes about in the first place; who else would tell Draco to fix a cabinet?

    Personally I hope they put more focus on Draco's character and Snape as the "Half-blodd Prince" seeing as he's who the book is named after. The battle at Hogwarts, while it is important, as is the funeral, I don't think I'd like to see them drawn out in a movie. If you've read the books, then you know the story line anyway and you wouldn't need the 'repitition' in film. That could be just me again though.
    June 3rd, 2009 at 09:40pm
  • Shark

    Shark (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    Singapore
    Honestly, I don't think harry potter fans would give a fuck if the battle is a little repetitive. I mean, they [b]HAVE[/b] to know that the 'repetitive battle' is the utmost crucial point. Are they stupid? Or is it because of the low budget or something?

    Tut-tut-tut.

    And Dumblledore's funeral is more important because that's when everything in the next book had to depend on!!!

    Boo to them.
    May 8th, 2009 at 09:32am
  • demanded.

    demanded. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    Oh my lordy, can't they cut out the other non-important scenes? They [b]need[/b] the battle of Hogwarts and teh funeral. The movies going to suck, I know it- the new director murdered the last movie, too.
    May 5th, 2009 at 02:35am
  • Acid Milk

    Acid Milk (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    What the hell?!
    There has to be a Battle in order for Dumbledore to die, you dipshits!
    Ugh. Some people. :P
    February 13th, 2009 at 06:55am
  • love.thy.goldfish

    love.thy.goldfish (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    that sucks! who cares about repeating things? Most movies have fighting scenes in all of them! I think their decision just ruined it for them. and I agree, the goblet of fire and order of the phoenix were awful. Didn't do the books justice.(I still have to read some of the books, like the Goblet of fire, and I'm gonna re read the first three....)
    November 13th, 2008 at 05:19am
  • Samacoy

    Samacoy (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    I don't like this, I don't like it one bit. Personally, I think the movies went downhill after The Chamber of Secrets. Prisoner of Azkaban wasn't bad, just the Goblet of Fire and the Order of Phoenix were terrible. I will see the rest of the films, but I'm not looking forward to them, with the exception of seeing Rupert Grint and Tom Felton.
    November 12th, 2008 at 06:04am
  • generated anomaly

    generated anomaly (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    Oh and I'd like to mention how shitty the actor who played Dumbledore was in the Fourth movie when he yelled at Harry in the chamber when his name came out of the Goblet of Fire. Since when has Dumbledore acted ANYTHING like that? I think he's raised his voice like twice in the books, but he like, strangles Harry in the movie. Terrible writing on the part of Dumbledore, I'm not looking forward to his actions in the sixth...
    November 12th, 2008 at 04:28am
  • XSlowDecayX

    XSlowDecayX (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    But they can't leave out the battle!!
    Its important!
    Nobody cares about repetition.
    If anything the more magical fights the better...
    November 11th, 2008 at 09:43pm
  • bucky barnes.

    bucky barnes. (705)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    [i]Who cares about repetition?[/i] None of the Potter fans, I'm sure. Bring on the battles, for Pete's sake! Let us see them! And cutting out the funeral is the biggest mistake this director will ever make. His career will just tank because of the havoc he's creating with this movie. The funeral would make the ending sad and beautiful, but apparently he's too good for that.
    November 10th, 2008 at 10:52pm
  • xXGreyWingsXx

    xXGreyWingsXx (850)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    WTF?!?!

    Now, I don't usually swear but...

    THEY CAN'T LEAVE OUT THE FIGHT AT HOGWARTS!!!

    The whole d*mn book leads up to that!!!
    November 7th, 2008 at 09:41pm
  • Confuzzled

    Confuzzled (105)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    Oh my god! Seriously?

    First it gets moved and then one of the biggest fights in HP gets cut out? Damn.
    I miss the old director. I on't care if there is repitition. I wanna see the battle. Grrr
    November 7th, 2008 at 04:06pm
  • chromatography.

    chromatography. (255)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    Australia
    What the-?
    Now I'm really actually peeved off. That is stupid, because those scenes are so important in the book. Stuff repetition, we don't want pointless dribble the entire time. >.<
    It went downhill since number two personally. This is appalling. *walks off ranting*
    Good article by the way.
    November 7th, 2008 at 01:28pm
  • Money Money

    Money Money (105)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    I've haven't enjoed the movies since they got the 2nd Dumbledore. It's sad that the first one died, but the guy they got to replace him sucks, in my opinion.
    November 6th, 2008 at 11:48pm
  • Lizardd

    Lizardd (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    WHAT?
    THEY MOVED IT?!

    I was so excited.://
    November 5th, 2008 at 07:56am
  • rumbleroar

    rumbleroar (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    Cutting out Dumbledore's funeral seems stupid, that's an important part but it could have been cut out. So is the battle scene, I don't think that could have been cut out. The fifth movie was the worst in my opinion. Half of it was a montauge and a bad one at that. The original director should come back and do the seventh movies. They should make the last two parts five hours long with an intermission, I'm sure fans wouldn't mind as long as everything was in it.
    November 5th, 2008 at 02:38am
  • Mrs.KevinJonas15

    Mrs.KevinJonas15 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    Honestly I knew something like this would happen.
    Even with the delay, this movie is going to suck.
    But that's just me.
    I haven't seen the new movie yet.
    I'm still disappointed though.
    November 5th, 2008 at 01:39am
  • saveroftheworld

    saveroftheworld (200)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    35
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    For goodness sake everyone, you're not watching the books. You're watching someone's interpretation of them. Films are not books. You should know this before going to watch them.

    His reasons for cutting our the battle scene seem fair enough. As for Dumbledore's death, maybe the director didn't want to leave his film on such a low. Because apart from Harry's giggling at the end, it's pretty sad. It's powerful but these high action films need sensational, uplifting endings. It's what makes them money and just perhaps, he has something even better in mind.

    Until you've seen it, you can't know if it's bad or not. Personally I think the only Harry Potter film worth watching is Alfonso's one.
    November 5th, 2008 at 01:24am
  • TashaMarie

    TashaMarie (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    how could they do this too us?!? i mean seriously they people who make these decisions should be declared terrorists for making our lives a living hell

    okay maybe that was a little drastic but im angry
    November 4th, 2008 at 11:42pm