New Talent? Do They Deserve The Respect? - Comments

  • the asphyxiation.

    the asphyxiation. (250)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    102
    Location:
    United States
    good article.
    July 24th, 2009 at 04:11pm
  • loverdearest.

    loverdearest. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    Im glad to see other bands rising, ones that sound original, ones that aren't the monotonous MTV stuff and the UK top 40 rubbish. Alot of the artists/bands in there can't write a song if their life depended on it, can't sing at all, all sound like the same monotonous crap that was just like the song before, and all just going for money or fame. They're taking up the places the musicians who have worked hard for what they have deserve those spaces. Not these shitty oh-so-similar ones plastered everywhere now.
    July 22nd, 2009 at 09:16pm
  • xxthexxbestxxeverxx

    xxthexxbestxxeverxx (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Location:
    United States
    What I got from reading your article (though it was a bit confusing) was that you think that people should help spread the word about their local bands in order to help them become popular.

    I agree completely and was glad to notice that in your article you actually mentioned some local bands. Many people write articles like this and do not mention who they are talking about.

    I have to admit that I have never heard of pretty much any of the bands that you said, but now I think I'm going to go check them out =].
    July 18th, 2009 at 05:59am
  • Happenis

    Happenis (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    67
    Location:
    United States
    This article was very...disorganized, to me.

    But as a response, everyone starts out small, once upon a time bands like Panic at the Disco, Paramore, Stereo Skyline, Bring me the Horizon and so on, started out very small. And one day those sweet little down to earth local bands might just get the chance to get big too. :/
    July 17th, 2009 at 11:11pm
  • LottieNightmare

    LottieNightmare (200)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    I know what you all mean I'm just saying shouldn't people who know or have heard of a new band help promote them so they can get more shows, fans, etc...?

    I've known Faireway for quite some time know and been to 12 of their shows, 13 next week, but not many people realise how great they are as a band they have the looks, the personality, the talent and the humour it takes to build up a great relationship with each member.

    All I was trying to point out was that if you hear a new band, them help them out by promoting them in your area. Get to know them and such.
    July 17th, 2009 at 10:23pm
  • oscar wilde;

    oscar wilde; (300)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    I love Last Letter Read... they play in my town all the time :]

    (I'm gonna look up the rest of them now :])
    July 17th, 2009 at 10:16pm
  • destroy.better

    destroy.better (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    Frank Lero..it was always about the money
    July 17th, 2009 at 04:53pm
  • destroy.better

    destroy.better (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    The word is not deserve to get recognition but are they lucky enough
    July 17th, 2009 at 04:53pm
  • StayPerfect

    StayPerfect (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    Bands that have made it had to work to get to where they are today.
    It doesn't come served on a plate, it just takes time. The band you mentioned are very new and yes they have done a lot in the little time they've been together, they just need to do more and get out to more places.
    It's not easy but eventually they will get there. Maybe it's best they haven't got anywhere yet for some of the people that like unsigned bands turn on them the minute they are in the charts. Maybe one day they'll get there, it just needs time.
    July 17th, 2009 at 12:45pm
  • Your.Pink.Diary

    Your.Pink.Diary (165)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    34
    Location:
    Australia
    Everyone has to start somewhere. The way I see it... the bands who really have 'it' will get somewhere. Those that don't will remain a local band. There's more to it than just the music (there shouldn't be, but there is) the bands look as a whole, their personalities, etc all come into play to whether they make it or not (unless they are a rare uber talented bunch of people playing together).

    Also, there's only so much room in the world for so many famous bands at one time.
    July 17th, 2009 at 10:14am
  • Beau Bokan

    Beau Bokan (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    United States
    Unsigned bands are amazing and they deserve more recognition. Most of them are a lot less snobby than the big bands.
    I recommend A Smile from the Trenches, really nice guys, and an amazing band. :)
    July 17th, 2009 at 08:12am
  • Dreams.of.Someday

    Dreams.of.Someday (900)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    Check your grammar.
    July 17th, 2009 at 07:58am
  • Frank Lero

    Frank Lero (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    Every band at some point is a new band, so surely some of them are getting the recognition they deserve. I understand that it'd be nice if every one of the bands around your area got huge, so do I, but you have to understand just how hard it is to make it nowadays, not only cus there's so much competition, but because now it's all about money.
    July 17th, 2009 at 07:56am