New Talent? Do They Deserve The Respect?

New Talent? Do They Deserve The Respect? Music seems to be taking over almost everyone's lives, you can't go anywhere without hearing any - the car, supermarket, cinema - to name a few, it's everywhere so how hard is it for new bands to get recognised?

Having known a few local bands for a couple of years now and I have to say they are an awesome group of musicians who are always up for a laugh and know how to put on a great show. So lately I have begun to doubt weather they are getting as much recognition as they deserve.

Since starting the band in August 2008, Faireway, have come further than any other local band I know.

  • Getting an endorsement with KillVision Clothing
  • Playing a whole variety of shows in the South of the UK
  • Recording their first EP
  • Improving their set lists

Also in the past ten months, they have played with bands such as: Cure The Disaster, The Light Divided, Last Letter Read, Midnight Embassy, Quietdrive, The Computers, Speed The Collapse, Waiting For Sirens, Ardentes, Don Broco, Joby, Enimus, For The Moment, I See Sparks, Capricorn Sister, Clayton Strange & Guilded Youth... to name a few

Most of these bands mentioned you probably haven't even heard of, which I'm not really surprised as most of them are quite new bands.

So how do they get to build up their status as a band? Well, most of them opt for the simple answer - MySpace. With over a few million people joined on this social networking site, how many hits do you reckon each band get a day? Not many at all, at least 1,000 - 1,500 a day. To a big selling artist, that isn't that much.

Don't you think it's time that we give new bands the respect that they deserve by getting them recognition where ever possible? Do you think that they're just wannabe rockstars? What's your opinion on new talent?

Give each new band a chance, they deserve one.

Latest articles