Loyal Fans at an All Time Low - Comments

  • Thaaaank you!! I am so tired of being cursed at because i have'nt been able to listen to a band since it played in a basement somewhere.
    I hate people that say you cant listen to them cuz you havent for ten years...

    This article is gooood!
    October 27th, 2009 at 12:04pm
  • And I hate when people say they want the [i]old[/i] Alex, Jack, Zack and Rian back. Well guess what, they never changed. They just brought out a slightly different album. That means there's a change in the music, but not in the people.
    October 27th, 2009 at 10:10am
  • I first heard about them early in september last year, and since that day i've listened to the every day. I'm not being a die-hard obsessive fan, i just love the music and the way they portray everything. What I love about them is they seem like really fun, good personalitied guys that love every bit of the new attention they're getting, and they really do deserve it. Alex wopuld also make a\ really good role model, too, based on quotes and interviews i've come across.

    I drove three hours to see them in Birmingham in October, and it turned out to be the best night of my life.

    Ive had doubts over them being my favourite band since other bands have been coming along and rivaling them in my mind, but in the end all i have to do is listen to their music or an interview and then i know why they were my favourite band in the first place.
    October 27th, 2009 at 10:07am
  • It's not called selling out. It's called doing their job. You know?

    I don't get why people are like that...
    October 27th, 2009 at 06:35am
  • i completely agree with...everything u said ;) except for the weightless thing because they were on KROQ and talking about it and he said that the song was about writers block, as also said by "thehider".
    October 27th, 2009 at 05:27am
  • I have to disagree with you. Alex isn't as bad as you appear to think. He's not letting fame get to his head, and what you think he did to that girl is wrong. (flirting with bandsluts while his girlfriend was there) I have met them quite a few times, before they were big, and after, and they haven't changed much. Alex was nice and kind as ever more recently.
    October 27th, 2009 at 04:41am
  • I just want to say one thing.
    Weightless is actually about having writer's block. Just a simple fact I felt like throwing out there. And, everyone and there damn mother knows I'm not an Alex Gaskarth fan, but I even found some jabs a little harsh to Gayface. But it's your opinion and you do back it up with a lot, a LOT of extremely good points. I found this a nice read and a slight refresher. I, myself, am so sick of reading about "All Time Low selling out." The boys, Alex and Rian, told that to them "selling out is when I'm playing my songs and I don't like it." (paraphrased a bit.) So once the boys stop liking what they're doing, that's when they're selling out. Getting a bigger fan base and making supposed "different" music is not selling out. Oh wow, that sounded way too opinionated haha. I just wanted to say something. But I do like your journal turned article.
    October 27th, 2009 at 03:07am
  • WORD IT OUT!

    That's all I have to say.
    October 27th, 2009 at 03:06am
  • All Time Low has and will always be a great band. They will never sell out. =)
    October 27th, 2009 at 03:01am
  • that has to be the worst phrase in the planet. "selling out". it's not even a real, possible thing to do. you gian a fan base, and you get bigger. its not even their fault! technically, its OUR faults! WE'RE the ones the give them so much punlicity by talking about them constantly!
    alex is NOT a jerk. and i'm pretty sure his girlfriend isnt constantly at the shows. at least that's what i assume from following him on twitter. and when he cant see his fans after shows, he APOLOGIZES. people are big fat losers, who need to get over themselves. thank you for writing this article. i agree with you. except for the fact that i'm a HUGE ATL fan. xD
    October 27th, 2009 at 02:53am
  • EVERYONE,
    I'M NOT EVEN A HUGE ALL TIMELOW FAN.
    I WROTE THIS A REALLY LONG TIME AGO AFTER A READING SOME THINGS THAT REALLY GOT TO ME.
    IT WAS POSTED AS A JOURNAL
    HOWEVER, I POSTED IT AS AN ACTICLE BECAUSE JOURNALS ARE LEAVING AND I WANTED THIS TO BE READ
    STOP TELLING ME IT SHOULD BE A JOURNAL BECAUSE OF ALL THE OPINIONS.
    THERE ISNT AN "EDITORIAL" SECTION, NOW IS THERE!?
    AND FOR ALL OF THOSE NICE COMMENTS, THANKS [I] YOU GUYS [/I]. =D
    October 27th, 2009 at 02:01am
  • This should've been a journal, but at least it was well written.

    I don't think Alex wants to be a huge star, just wants to get his music out there so people can enjoy it as much as he does. I haven't met him and don't know him, but he's never struck me as the person who would be "too good" for his fans. As for the band slut thing, that sounds kind've ridiculous, since they mocked that kind of thing in the Weightless video. Alex is still pretty young, so he's going to still say and do immature things, along with the rest of the band (especially Jack, hah). They're not God's, they're just people. The only difference between us and them is that they're just famous.
    October 27th, 2009 at 01:56am
  • :D
    Yes! Good article and a very good point. I hate the whole 'sellout' label that people stamp on bands that are getting more widely known. I don't know if it's the fact that suddenly said person isn't 'unique' anymore in liking this band that nobody's ever heard of, or what, but personally, it makes me happy to see bands I've grown to love being heard and appreciated!
    Like, Green Day (for example). Whenever I say to somebody they're my favorite band, they say "Oh them, they're such sellouts." But what about bands like Queen, The Beatles, and The Rolling Stones; they're famous, but nobody's ever called them sellouts!
    Well, this is supposed to be a comment, not an angst-filled rant.. so yeah..
    haha.
    Good article! :D
    October 27th, 2009 at 01:46am
  • Alex is maturing. I don't act the way I did when I was 13 and I'm sure I won't act the I act now when I'm 19. And Alex is a busy man. Of course he cannot sign everyone's autograph. I am not famous but I cannot call me friends as much as I like because of school, homework and after school activities.
    October 27th, 2009 at 01:20am
  • People just confuse "sell out" with famous. They're getting more famous, and their music is reaching a boarder group of people. We just need to chill out, relax, adn just understand that this is what bands do. They get famous and more people like them.
    And that photo is gorgeous!
    October 26th, 2009 at 11:56pm
  • I just want to say that's an adorable picture.
    October 26th, 2009 at 11:38pm
  • I've loved All Time Low since I heard Coffee Shop Soundtrack and still do. I don't think they've sold out at all; I think they've made three records. There isn't really too much of a drastic change between all three, I think. It's not like they were some heavy metal band that is now doing pop music.
    October 26th, 2009 at 11:31pm
  • This has been the same thing over again. But, you do make a valid point, and I totally agree with it. Some girls just need to lighten up, they are in no way shape or form going to get Alex to fall in love with them. I also hate how he is the spot light of the band, Rian, Zack and Jack need a little more attention too, Alex just didn't come up with the band himself.

    And I agree, it was very well written.
    October 26th, 2009 at 11:10pm
  • Do we really need [b]another[/b] article about this? I've seen at least three already. I love All Time Low but the unnecessary amounts of articles/journals about this subject is getting annoying. We get the point, no need to tell us again.
    October 26th, 2009 at 10:55pm
  • I really really agree with this article.

    I just wished there was a little less opinion in it, because everyone will be focusing on that rather than what you're trying to convey.
    October 26th, 2009 at 10:18pm