Cyrus Disagrees With Parenting - Comments

  • tyler joseph.

    tyler joseph. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    I find it funny that people are saying "way too much personal bias" about this article. Yet, I've read articles on here that have completely slammed Miley and no one complained about personal bias then. lol Believe it or not, there [i]are[/i] some people out there who [i]don't[/i] think Miley Cyrus is the spawn of satan, people. Me being one of them. Shocking, I know.

    I doubt Miley is going around trash-talking Brad and Angelina's parenting everywhere she goes. She's just saying she doesn't agree with it. I'm only eighteen and I don't agree with a lot of people's parenting! It's just her opinion. First ammendment states that she's allowed to say whatever the hell she wants.

    I think people just love to bitch about Miley at any chance they get. I definitely don't condone some of her behavior, but she is not a bad person, and people need to stop getting their panties into such a twist over something so trivial as to what this kid says. It ain't that deep.
    January 8th, 2010 at 10:04am
  • rawrritsjess

    rawrritsjess (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    People wouldn't criticize her so much if she wasn't a role model for young children. Kids want to be like so she needs to learn to watch what she says/does. Would you want your kid looking up to someone who posed almost topless on a magazine cover? I don't think so. Plus I heard from a very reliable source that Miley drinks... a lot. So yeah that's why so many people hate her. She's a role model for small children yet she seems to not care.
    January 6th, 2010 at 10:01pm
  • the-only-girl

    the-only-girl (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    Are you a Miley Cyrus fan or something?

    You're article was good, apart from the fact that you told people to learn a thing or two and behave like Cyrus. I mean, I don't know about other people, but I don't really want to take pictures of my ass and put it online, or have an adult 5 year older boyfriend when I'm only 15 too, or slag dance around a pole at a childrens award show.
    January 6th, 2010 at 05:39pm
  • Monroe;

    Monroe; (615)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    Ireland
    I think Miley Cyrus is critisized far to much. People like to have a go off of all these Disney stars because they've gone and made a career for themselves, it's pathetic and sad how much people dispise them for that reason.

    I also think she has every right to publicalyy voice her opinion. Don't we all? Right her on Mibba, Facebook, Myspace, when writing articles, journals, stories, blogs - we publically voice our opinions.
    Oother celebrities voice their opinions, yet they don't get shot down for it.

    Great article. I disagree with everyone who says it should have been a journal. If it wasn't article material, the mods would not have approved it.
    January 6th, 2010 at 05:29pm
  • John W. Lennon

    John W. Lennon (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    103
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    I think Miley Cyrus is forgetting that Madonna and Angelina Jolie are very famous, world-wide stars and probably much more famous than her. It would be near-impossible to keep their kids out of the spotlight. And also, yes, everyone is entitled to an opinion. It's just much less valid when that opinion is stated by someone who has no idea what it's like to be a parent.
    January 6th, 2010 at 04:22pm
  • smile_in_your_sleep

    smile_in_your_sleep (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    I hate Miley. But everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and I feel kind of bad for her because she does get shut down whenever she opens her mouth. But if she knows what she say's is going to get her in trouble, then why say it at all?
    January 4th, 2010 at 04:08pm
  • insertclevername

    insertclevername (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    This is pretty much ALL personal bias. Should have been a journal.
    January 4th, 2010 at 05:37am
  • keep.on.dreamin'

    keep.on.dreamin' (105)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    it's her opinion and her life. why should we care anyways?
    January 4th, 2010 at 02:41am
  • Macy Emalia

    Macy Emalia (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    this should have been a journal.
    January 3rd, 2010 at 05:13am
  • aluminum foil

    aluminum foil (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    First of all, just because everyone else might criticize other people's parenting, doesn't mean that it's right, or ok to do. That arguement is completely wrong. That's like saying oh, just because everyone else has been jumping off cliffs, it's ok for me to do it, too! That might be kind of radical, but it's essentially the same thing.

    Miley Cyrus is 17. The same age as me. She might think that she has an opinion on parenting, but in all honesty she has no idea. Until she pops out a couple kids or adopts some from third world countries, like Madonna and Angelina Jolie, she has no right to publicly criticize something her pampered little mind thinks she understands.
    January 2nd, 2010 at 03:14am
  • BlUeJaY330

    BlUeJaY330 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    United States
    Regardless of the fact that some dont like her she deserves to speak her opinion regardless of the fact that shes a celebrity because if a normal teenager said something like that there wouldnt be such a big fiasco. And about her vanity fair pictures and what not she was covered even though it wasnt by a shirt and about the boyfriend also shes 17 for goodness sakes let her voice and start acting like the adult shes about to become.
    December 31st, 2009 at 11:44pm
  • vaporwave

    vaporwave (160)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    Canada
    WAY too much personal bias in the article. But whatever.

    She was put in front of a camera at an early age, too. Maybe only like, thirteen or fourteen, but still a kid. Maybe she's speaking from experience.
    December 31st, 2009 at 08:42pm
  • Your.Pink.Diary

    Your.Pink.Diary (165)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    34
    Location:
    Australia
    Half the stuff she does that people are concerned about kids aren't going to see anyway. My cousins love her, but they know her as Hannah Montana and that's it. They know nothing about the myspace photo's, the vanity fair photoshoot, her boyfriend, etc. They're 11 and 9 and by the time they do find out about that stuff and become aware of it they'll be a point where they can make their own decisions anyway,

    Anyway, I still say that Miley is criticised far too much. I don't think she's made the wisest decisions, but neither have I looking back on some of the stuff I did when I was her age so who am I to really judge? And she only gets it because she's a 'role model'. How many young girls have older sisters who probably behave in a similar manner to Miley? Not to mention I know quite a few girls in the 7-10 age bracket and a lot of them also like people like Pink, Lady Gaga etc. At least as far as music and that goes (the stuff they're actually aware of at that age) I'd think it's better them listening to Miley than to Pink, or Lady Gaga.
    December 31st, 2009 at 01:19am
  • JaeKuro

    JaeKuro (250)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    United States
    I'm kind of iffy about this whole topic. I'm not a fan of hers either but my 7 year old niece loves her.
    Yes she should be able to have an opinion but no she shouldn't be doing things like that photo shoot at her age. And your comment about other teenage girls taking those pictures is slightly strange to me. Just becuase they all do it doesn't make it okay and because she's doing it more modestly isn't helping either. I'm almost twenty and I don't believe in taking pictures of myself barely clothed for the world to see. I don't want my niece to come across that somehow and start thinking it's okay because "Hannah Montana" did it. Girls should get a little more respect for themselves and stop trying to make up for something they THINK they don't have with their bodies.
    Another thing is involving the parenting. I don't care how old you are, if you're not married (or soon to be) I don't think your parents should let your significant other live in the house. Her being as young as she is and him as old as he is just makes it worse because that's illegally and he could get in a lot of trouble.
    I don't believe in celebrities flaunting their kids in front of cameras either but, it's only so much you can hide them from. Photographers will do anything to get the shoot they need and it's sometimes with or without your consent; some things people just can't stop from happening.
    But I agree some people before me. You shouldn't write an article plainly defending someone with no look on the other side on the fence. No matter how much you don't like the person you're talking about, one sided arguments are always a bad idea.
    December 30th, 2009 at 08:37pm
  • Rain_2010

    Rain_2010 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    She as no room to talk about not letting other celeb's kids to be on camera all the time. She's on everything now a days. From clothing to music to tv. She's a disgrace. I"m sorry but it's true
    December 30th, 2009 at 06:29pm
  • dialtone.

    dialtone. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    I absolutely HATE Miley Cyrus,
    but I completely agree with you.
    Even though I dont wanna hear it, Miley deserves to speak her mind as well.
    Actually, in this particular situation, I agree with Miley.
    Kids that are exposed too early, will probably end up something like Britney Spears. not saying Britney spears is a horrible person, because she isn't. but they won't be able to deal with things as well when they're older.
    Parents (that are celebreites) should think before they do something like that.
    Its not the smartest thing to do.
    December 30th, 2009 at 06:11pm
  • Lacey Mosley.

    Lacey Mosley. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    Miley Cyrus is just one of those people that what to be seen in everything and everywhere. I'm starting to wonder why her band isn't called Miley Cyrus and The Scene
    December 30th, 2009 at 05:39pm
  • Moonlit Midnight

    Moonlit Midnight (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    I positively loathe Miley Cyrus and even I agree with you. That's saying something. Haha! Great article, by the way.
    December 30th, 2009 at 03:49pm
  • nerdy_

    nerdy_ (165)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    [i]Cyrus was doing an interview in Dublin, Ireland, when she said she disagrees with Angelina Jolie and Madonna in the way they allow their kids to be on camera all the time.[/i]
    I find this highly ironic, especially since I've never seen or heard about one of Madonna or Angelina's children on television or in magazines.

    As for the boyfriend, I think it's a bit weird that her parents would allow him to move in. I mean, at her age, age [i]does[/i] matter. When she's thirty something and her partner is ten years older or younger, it doesn't really matter. It really only matters now because she [i]just[/i] got over the whole statutory rape age. Actually, technically she didn't if she lives in Tennessee or California. Both of those states have the age of consent set at eighteen.
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ef/Age_of_Consent.png
    http://www.sexlaws.org/california_statutory_rape#Q1

    Ultimately, yes, as a human being she has the right to speak her mind. However, other people have the same right.
    December 30th, 2009 at 03:33pm
  • vexation

    vexation (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    United States
    I would like to point out, although this article is well written, that Miley's boyfriend was twenty when they started dating. That makes them holding hands, kissing all of that, not only a felony, but if it went any further, child molestation.
    And for her parents to allow that does shine rather poorly on their parenting.
    December 30th, 2009 at 02:49pm