Six Flags Has A New Form Of Crowd Control: Macing Teenagers - Comments

  • FrankJScott

    FrankJScott (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    57
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    Please try <a href=https://www.google.com/>Google</a> before asking <a href=https://www.forum.vuwpgsa.ac.nz/viewtopic.php?p=8558#p8558>Best Onlne Casino Info</a> 9c71e46
    September 29th, 2023 at 06:57am
  • yoserawr

    yoserawr (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    Wow that is so dumb.!!! It's not their faults that the crowd get's crazy. what are their reactions suppose to be.? Ohhh it's All Time Low woohoo yeahhh (Boring Voice) Or wohhooooo!!! It's ALL TIME LOW!!!! (HAPPY VOICE) Yeahh six flags is dumb for bandding them.!!
    I'm glad i get to see them though on June 4th. :)
    May 24th, 2011 at 08:25am
  • genocideforjenny

    genocideforjenny (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    United States
    Six Flags is full of shit. I officially love ATL and Boys Like Girls. They really took a stand and tried to help their fans.
    I HATE 6FLAGS! I LIVE IN SA! NOBODAYYY BANS ALL TIME LOW IN MY CITY AND GETS AWAY WITH THAT SHIT!
    December 29th, 2010 at 08:30am
  • Gracefuldisruption23

    Gracefuldisruption23 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    26
    Location:
    United States
    WOW. thats BS
    November 24th, 2010 at 08:45pm
  • jvforeverlove09

    jvforeverlove09 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    I think that Six Flags is so wrong and that they should have gave a warning cuz that's just plain wrong...
    October 17th, 2010 at 02:05am
  • Cupcakes.are.emo.2

    Cupcakes.are.emo.2 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    Ok, really? It's a CONCERT, it's going to get a little rowdy, but mace? It said in the article that it was the PD that used it! I live in Washington State, and had that happened to ANYONE here, the police would get a big, fat lawsuit on their desks, and not one of those "I spilt HOT coffee on myself, so now I'm going to sue -insert name of wherever coffee was bought- becuase they didn't warn me" kind. That isn't fair to the bands or their fans! As a ATL and BLG fan, this pisses me off! If I was one of the fans that got maced, there would be a police officer unable to have children anymore, and if someone says "you'll get arrested" and give me a speech about not harming cops, if it was you, wouldn't you? Glad the bands stuck up for their fans, because that's not right, no one deserves that.
    September 18th, 2010 at 05:55am
  • Loveless!

    Loveless! (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    I agree with ThrowYourDiamonds

    like really macing that's going to far. security gaurds are to do there jobs without hurting kids.

    they could tell the kids to get off the stage or get kicked out a warning should be enough!
    getting kicked out is a a punishment exceptiable.

    or they could say that of the people did not get off the stage then the concert would not continue eventually they'd have to get off
    September 11th, 2010 at 03:43am
  • Nowhere Kids Voice

    Nowhere Kids Voice (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    That's just horrible
    especialy when the theme park tried to shift away the blame

    it's just beyond pathetic
    July 14th, 2010 at 06:36am
  • Sushi Yoshi

    Sushi Yoshi (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    United States
    they used mace on kids are you serious? That stuff hurts like heck. I would understand the removal of the kids who got on stage but mace is not necessary and since it was an all age show they might have even maced little kids. That is just going to far.
    July 9th, 2010 at 11:43pm
  • ThrowYourDiamonds

    ThrowYourDiamonds (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    Bands invite fans onstage all the time. Mace is not the answer in situations like this. The concert should have been paused and security should have taken the mic and told the fans to get off the stage. If they didn't get off, THEN force may be used, but they weren't given warnings first which is illegal.
    June 28th, 2010 at 03:00am
  • make me a rival

    make me a rival (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Canada
    I don't know exactly what other concert does to get kids to settle down in the States ('cause I'm from Canada), but if it was getting out of control, actions should be made and they were, but to use mace? That is inappropriate.

    I first found out about this incident at my Bamboozle Roadshow date, Toronto, when Alex started talking about it. He said how it was unfair to them on how they got kicked out of a venue and unfair to the fans because they got hurt. The Jack, drunkenly, said "I'm Alex, it was me. I maced the kids". With Alex's reply, "No, it wasn't Jack, this is serious." His whole speech was his introduction into letting the security let us flood the floor. And nothing bad happened.

    When I go to Warped, and it gets out of control, a security guard will remove the destructive kids from the crowd, and they usually go in silence. Or they will remove them from the venue and take their ticket so they can not come back in. Or when I went to see Asking Alexandria, the stage was a foot higher than the floor. Asking Alexandria didn't want kids on the stage ('cause it was a small stage), so if a kid jumped on, a techie ('cause their were no guards), would take the kid off the stage and back into the crowd. Eventually we got smart, and jumped back into the crowd before the techie could take us off the stage. But asking to calm down or stop or removing them from the equation is a lot more civil. I don't know if that how it's done in the USA, but that how it's done in Toronto and no one gets hurt.

    Precautions do have to be made if the fans get out of control, remove them from the venue, but the mace was not the right solution.

    The other thing that bugs me if the Six Flags banned All Time Low for defending themselves and their fans. That was a odd choice.
    June 26th, 2010 at 05:47pm
  • musiccaddictionx

    musiccaddictionx (200)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    so thats why they werent playing when i went to the sixflags one in jersey.
    ohh,,, im angry ):<
    June 26th, 2010 at 03:00pm
  • Lulu Falconeri

    Lulu Falconeri (250)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    This is why I wasn't allowed to go to Six Flags as a child.
    June 23rd, 2010 at 03:29pm
  • vexation

    vexation (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    United States
    The worst part of that show I have to say is it was all ages so the maced individuals could have been really young. I have to admit though I laughed my freaking face off reading the tweets from all the bands.
    June 13th, 2010 at 08:46am
  • Oceanti

    Oceanti (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    Crazy crowds happen at concerts all the time. Macing them was unnecessary though it would have been hard to kick them out, it would have been a much better possibility.
    June 9th, 2010 at 01:40am
  • inactive..

    inactive.. (105)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    19
    Location:
    United States
    What else were they supposed to do? Sit there and watch?
    The teens should have known better than to crawl on to the stage in the first place. They had it coming.
    June 4th, 2010 at 10:55pm
  • brand new hope.

    brand new hope. (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    @EmoKisses- the Bamboozle is a fest in NJ. The Roadshow is whats travelling
    June 4th, 2010 at 06:26pm
  • Faith Tenderheart;

    Faith Tenderheart; (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    That's so screwed up! They're going to lose alot of people going to Bamboozle now. Mainly everyone was going for ATL. Mainly. That sucks monkey ballz. I HATE SIX FLAGS!!!! I was so looking forward to going because of ATL. :[
    June 3rd, 2010 at 05:03am
  • sunday morning

    sunday morning (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    The security guards did NOT go too far. I saw comments on AP's website from people who were standing in the crowd and said that the whole ordeal started as Zack took off his shirt and a group of girls began fighting for it which lead to several kid's swarming the stage. If you know what it MEANS to swarm the stage then you'd understand how hard of a situation it is to control. Its hard to get screaming, squirming, awe struck teenagers off the stage so of course security is going to do their job and mace those who deserve it. I agree completely with them.
    June 3rd, 2010 at 01:50am
  • cearawwr173

    cearawwr173 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    34
    Location:
    United States
    @Audrey T., I can also see where you're coming from, but honestly the security guards went too far. Pushing is enough, but MACING, seriously? Also, it seems that from various reports that security didn't even ask anyone to stop or get off, they just jumped into action... All I can say is wow, just...Way to go, Six Flags. XP
    June 2nd, 2010 at 02:23am