t.A.T.u. - Friend or Foe? - Comments

  • Absolutely Arsenic

    Absolutely Arsenic (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    United States
    I aboslutely love their music, so this is very disappointing to hear. What is wrong with the world these days? Everybody just has to cause drama.
    August 20th, 2010 at 10:33pm
  • pezzie

    pezzie (105)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    Ah, that's interesting. I don't keep up with this band, but I didn't know they broke up. Good writing, by the way.
    August 11th, 2010 at 02:50am
  • thing two

    thing two (250)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    I don't agree with what Yulia said. Although it's not the same if you're a solo artist but using your duo's songs, they are still, partially, Lena's songs, and she's free to sing whatever she pleases. t.A.T.u. is my favorite band and it's painful to see Yulia being so negative towards who she's called her best friend, her duo's other half, and although I do wish the very best for her, she needs to stop with that sort of negativity. I was very happy that Lena took it with such maturity, though. :) And although I am definitely loving Lena's new single, I wish t.A.T.u. will eventually come back together to do another album!
    July 31st, 2010 at 11:48pm
  • recounts

    recounts (300)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Australia
    I absolutely loved 'All the Things She Said' and 'Not Gonna Get Us' as a kid and even now I still love a lot of their other (English) songs. In my opinion, their songs are just great stories - such as 'Malchik Gay' - and whether they wrote their songs or not, and whether they're together or not (band sense, and otherwise~) I wish them both good luck.

    But in saying that, I think they should sing their songs while they're together, and otherwise not. And I still hope they do get back together to make some more music. :] I think it'd be interesting stuff.

    Also... I'm still waiting for that movie to come out that's been promised since like '08. [i]You and I[/i] or "Finding t.A.t.u" or whatever. It's got Mischa Barton. Hah. I still want to see it... Whenever it will (finally) be released.

    Nice article, by the way. It's good to know other people haven't forgotten about t.A.t.U :]

    July 30th, 2010 at 07:40am
  • TheCoreysGirl

    TheCoreysGirl (200)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    36
    Location:
    United States
    I myself like their music (especially their cover version of How Soon Is Now). And I think they will be OK. :)
    July 30th, 2010 at 03:43am
  • Bells.

    Bells. (365)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    New Zealand
    MidnightRuby, I just wanted to tell you that the girls were chosen for t.A.T.u. in Russia, when they were fourteen. In order to get publicity in that country, people have done worse things, especially women. Show business is one of the only careers in Russia, which will guarantee you a steady income, next to crime, so when one gets a chance like that, one does not refuse it. This was more like a musical act than just lies, you know?
    July 29th, 2010 at 01:54am
  • vaporwave

    vaporwave (160)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    Canada
    I do love tATu, but... middle school drama, much?
    July 29th, 2010 at 01:39am
  • Midnight Ruby

    Midnight Ruby (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    102
    Location:
    United States
    I do agree that when you have a solo career it should be your own work, but there is no need to insult each other, plus I don't care if "your manger made you do it" there's no need to pretend your gay if your not. Your have a mind of your own, no is only two letters they probably should learn.
    July 28th, 2010 at 10:55pm
  • flyer.

    flyer. (850)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    I've actually never heard of them before..but Yulia had a point; solo careers should focus on [i]solo[/i] music, not just solo versions of her band's music. However, insulting Lena's solo music is a bit uncalled for.
    July 28th, 2010 at 09:26pm
  • chemical romantics.

    chemical romantics. (210)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    I was in first school when 'All the things she said' came out; its all I'll ever recognise them for. I do agree though - a solo career is for.. solo work, so shouldn't she be using her own? :\

    The music industry these days, does not appeal to logic.
    July 28th, 2010 at 07:05pm