Good Charlotte: How Their Music Has Changed. - Comments

  • I agree that their music has changed, but we have to realize that they are growing as a band as well. The music industry is always changing, therefore the music sometimes changes. If you choose to not like the music anymore because of the changed sound, that's fine but we have to realize that things change.
    And honestly, I don't think as a musician someone can continue to do the same thing for 10 years.
    There's room for improvement, and things change.
    December 28th, 2010 at 10:59pm
  • GC has been my all time favorite band since I was younger. Even though their music style has changed, their songs always have a bit of the original Good Charlotte in them and I love that! They may change and grow, but that is what artists do. Even writers shed their skins.
    December 28th, 2010 at 07:04am
  • Really well written article!

    Good Charlotte was pretty much the first "band" that I really got into growing up. (Along with Simple Plan) Their earlier albums were like anthems to my everyday life. I didn't really listen much to Good Morning Revival because of it's new sound. And then, I saw them live at the Bamboozle Roadshow. And that changed everything. They were so into the music, and so into their fans. Of course, they were amazing. And then they started to talk about their new album, and I thought I would give it a try. When I received Cardiology, I was a little hesitant. But the songs started to grow on me.

    I think that as fans of Good Charlotte, we have to accept and realize that music changes. What band can realize for five albums and not change at all? I give them two thumbs up for a good job, since they have pretty much been "under the radar" for a while now.

    Overall, I agree. I was hesitant at first. But I think I'll stick with them. And I hope a lot of other people will too.

    Really awesome aritcle! I don't read them often, but I enjoyed this one(:
    December 5th, 2010 at 02:48pm
  • Damn that Nicole Richie! Haha, kidding.
    I love all of their work. There is a clear timeline, a transition, and there isn't anything about their music that I dislike (a rarity, in my opinion).
    November 30th, 2010 at 08:20pm
  • I think Joel's wife had.. nah, I'm kidding.

    I'm not so sure about the new album, yet. I don't like bailing out on a band when they change, I give them a chance and I'm giving GC a chance. I haven't heard much of the album yet, but if it's a major leap from they used to be, it might not fall completely with me. Good Morning Revival is my least favorite album of them as it is.

    But, anyways, most bands always change and 10 years is a lot and I understand how they can change directions. Bands will always mature and change or become childish and change or get a new idea for a bit. It's like an everlasting cycle in the music industry.
    November 24th, 2010 at 03:58am