Seniors vs. Freshmen - Comments

  • which-witch

    which-witch (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    This isn't too big of a problem at my high school.
    August 6th, 2012 at 01:33am
  • TheWh0rr0r

    TheWh0rr0r (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    United States
    Last year I was a freshman and I thought they were annoying. I never had a problem with seniors picking on me, in fact, I was friends with a few of the seniors that either had the same lunch as me or one of the same classes as me. I was also friends with some sophmores, juniors, and of course freshmen as well as the seniors. :) Now this year I am gonna be a sophmore
    August 3rd, 2012 at 09:23pm
  • brok3nstatues

    brok3nstatues (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    United States
    When I was a freshman, my sister was a senior so I had a connection to the upperclassmen. (In my high school, the freshmen are separated as much as they can be to the rest of the high school so far that up until 4 years ago, they didn't even have freshmen in the actual high school building until they build a """freshman center""" in the freshman center, upperclassmen would get in trouble for being in there.) There was never really a problem with seniors or juniors having beef with freshmen. most of the juniors in my school were dating freshmen this year.
    But I do think that Freshmen are quite annoying. Even when I was a freshman, i felt more mature than the rest of the kids who thought they were hot shit because they were in high school and they did drugs and etc.
    Compared to what is portrayed on television, i do not think that seniors beat down on freshman as much.
    July 25th, 2012 at 06:38pm
  • eight letters late.

    eight letters late. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    I think the article itself is a bit lacking, but as for the subject of seniors vs. freshman, I really didn't experience much of the drama and clashing. I think the sophomore vs. freshman drama is a lot bigger. At least it was in my high school, because the sophomores are no longer freshman and they feel they have earned the right to boss the new freshman around, etc. I do agree that the more we mature, the more immature younger people seem to be, but it's probably not changing all that much, it's mostly just perception.
    July 23rd, 2012 at 03:51am
  • Grandiose Delusions

    Grandiose Delusions (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    I got go with some of the other posters, I never personally dealt with the seniors vs. freshmen ordeal. To be honest, I only ever heard of it in movies or other schools lol. I didn't go to a traditional school, so maybe that's why. I had a couple "friends" that were seniors but we never really had to deal with pranks. If anything it seems a bit silly. It's just like dude, you were once in their shoes, so perhaps setting a good example would better than trying to make their school life miserable? I don't know, I just never got the purpose of that. Sure freshmen can be immature, but I know more seniors that are immature to be honest. I guess it just depends on your school and your peers :P cool article though.
    July 23rd, 2012 at 03:40am
  • justareader1942

    justareader1942 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    also there was an incident this last school year that was pretty stuppid... someone was breaking the sinks making it so that it looked like the faucet was off but so that it was spraying water everywhere. Since we've never had this problem before everyone thought it was the freshman because everyone thinks they are so immature.
    July 23rd, 2012 at 12:58am
  • justareader1942

    justareader1942 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    that is kinda true for my school and at least for me... as a senior in band i exspect a certain level of respect from the freshman coming into band... now I'm a really nice person who treats others nicely until they disrespect me. My theory is if you don't treat the seniors with respect, you won't get respect. I definitely did that through the years so it's not really wrong of me to expect the same thing.
    July 23rd, 2012 at 12:56am
  • sunset boulevard

    sunset boulevard (185)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    My high school only has about 180 kids, so there's not much of a power struggle. We all know each other and even if we're not friends, we're friendly. Certainly there's been drama between the upperclassmen and underclassmen before, but nothing huge.
    July 22nd, 2012 at 08:25pm
  • Modern.Sunshine

    Modern.Sunshine (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    Also after the seniors left the juniors wore paper crown hats because they were the "kings" now.
    July 22nd, 2012 at 03:51pm
  • Modern.Sunshine

    Modern.Sunshine (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    I'm a sophmore. When I was a freshman I had a few senior friends from clubs & extra classes I took. Once over heard this senior conversation. The girl said she couldn't wait to graduate to get away from all these annoying kids. Her friend asked why she said because they are immature and they like to scream across the hallway that they love eachother (I'm totally gulity of it) her friend that she used to do it too and she said "Yeah now I know why everywhere hated me"
    July 22nd, 2012 at 03:49pm
  • L.A.C.E

    L.A.C.E (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    United States
    I think it all depends on what school you go to, and how your community is. A big majority of my friends were seniors, but I think where I seen a lot of trouble with was with Sophomore and Freshman. That is just my opinion and how I see it at my school
    July 21st, 2012 at 10:01pm
  • peggy carter.

    peggy carter. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    26
    Location:
    United States
    My school is too small for a power struggle, so there's not much of a problem there. But my school has this program called "Big Sib", where the new seniors act as student mentors to the incoming freshman class.
    But no, there wasn't really a problem like this. I think I saw that mostly in movies.
    July 20th, 2012 at 07:13pm
  • XxSaintJimmyxX

    XxSaintJimmyxX (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    United States
    I don't really agree with this, when I was a Freshman most of my friends were Seniors. They kinda feel like they should look out for them if anything, at least that was my case. As a Junior I feel like I should look out for the Freshman now too, because there are the douchey kids here and there that have a bad case of Machoitis and try to run them over for being younger.
    July 20th, 2012 at 03:27pm
  • ptvjaime

    ptvjaime (1600)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    We don't really have this power struggle in my school except when it comes to the bus, but I'm a bit put off because you said the freshmen look up to the seniors. Most of the time, in the two high schools I've been in, that was never true. There might have been individual freshmen who looked up to individual seniors, but as a whole, that almost never happened. The freshmen either disrespected the seniors or just ignored them.
    July 20th, 2012 at 01:28pm
  • Leelah

    Leelah (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    United States
    My school doesn't have much of a problem either. Hanging out with the people older or younger than you is whats expected for us.
    July 20th, 2012 at 09:03am
  • JennyLynn2012

    JennyLynn2012 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    Luckily, my school didn't have that whole Senior/Freshman problem. Everyone was pretty nice to everyone. However there was one class of freshman that thought they were all badasses, and so no one liked them. By the time I graduated they were in tenth grade. And everyone knew that they were terrors in middle school. It was really weird, but it was like they were a bad batch of cookies or something. lol the rest were fine.
    July 20th, 2012 at 07:41am