The Flower Boy Mania - Comments

  • Sansa Stark

    Sansa Stark (930)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    71
    Location:
    New Zealand
    @ shinigamiroulette
    Thank you!
    Yes, I don't understand what is so wrong with a man who takes good care of himself. So, we bitch about women not being free to wear whatever the hell they want, yet when a man wears something not manly, everyone is at his throat. Makes sense...!
    April 4th, 2013 at 05:20pm
  • Sansa Stark

    Sansa Stark (930)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    71
    Location:
    New Zealand
    @ shinigamiroulette
    Thank you!
    Yes, I don't understand what is so wrong with a man who takes good care of himself. So, we bitch about women not being free to wear whatever the hell they want, yet when a man wears something not manly, everyone is at his throat. Makes sense...!
    April 4th, 2013 at 05:19pm
  • shinigamiroulette

    shinigamiroulette (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    25
    Location:
    United States
    Great article~!
    I've always been a fan of Korean entertainment, even if I don't really agree with the industry itself and their obsession with appearance/plastic surgery/etc. I've always been into the 'flower boy' type, I suppose, and so have a few of my friends, though the responses we get when talking about it or showing pictures of more feminine-looking male idols to other people have been...well, less than polite. I do wish people would be a bit less rudely stereotypical when it comes to things like this, but I guess that's just how things are.
    Still, if someone calls Kim Kibum ugly one more time I am not responsible for anything that might happen to them.
    April 4th, 2013 at 05:15pm
  • noriko.

    noriko. (330)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    25
    Location:
    Austria
    @ Soy un Dorito!
    Arms
    April 4th, 2013 at 05:14pm
  • Sansa Stark

    Sansa Stark (930)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    71
    Location:
    New Zealand
    @ discoveringclouds
    I said oversexualized WORLD. Yes, this trend is also a sexual one, but it breaks the rules set in the West, which makes it relevant.
    April 4th, 2013 at 05:12pm
  • discoveringclouds

    discoveringclouds (200)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    Canada
    I'm not saying anything about attraction and you. You said the west is sexualized and I'm saying this phenomenon is sexualized. You can't just say something and not reflect on it. What's the point then?
    April 4th, 2013 at 05:09pm
  • Sansa Stark

    Sansa Stark (930)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    71
    Location:
    New Zealand
    @ discoveringclouds
    This article is just about a phenomenon and a fashion trend in South Korea. It has nothing to do with poverty.

    You are entitled to not find Flower Boys attractive the same way that I am entitled to find them attractive. There is nothing wrong with these boys and you should accept the fact that people wear whatever they want to wear and you are nobody to judge, just like nobody can judge you.
    April 4th, 2013 at 05:04pm
  • discoveringclouds

    discoveringclouds (200)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    Canada
    Do people just have to cross all limits? I know a lot of people are interested in exploring their identity but rather than think intellectually about it why this way specifically, it's superficial in a way. The surface. If the deeper part of these guys are supposed to be manly and it just happens to be hidden away what's the point. And this just confuses girls and guys. What's wrong with looking like a man if you are one and what's wrong with women being identifiably female? That's normal and human.

    And in this oversexualized world this just sexualizes things even more Dont you think? Guys dressing up in a way that girls do to make them appear sexy. It's ironic that you say that the west is sexual when this playing between the lines of the sexes is also sexual and the intention is definetly after getting attention over it. So it's just like the west. Attention and sex, you know?

    And if this is natural then how come with all the poverty in the world their basic needs are food and shelter and some basic clothing to survive. And over here we are allowed to play dress up and switch up clothes and explore surface level meanings which instead we could use these energies to help there. And forget energies you could just give some extra money to make poverty over. Maybe people who do this are people who don't have priority about other humans suffering. Because we have everything over here we play with all our stuff and our extensions and our fake everything. But the real problems are ignored. Maybe it's better to be critical about the real things that are hurting people that the west and the world ignores? There's a lack of food on one side of the earth and obesity on the other. Were we really created in play? Just to play around and not care? No purpose at all? I just don't think we were and I don't think you think that either.

    Billions of people live on less than two dollars and one dollar a day. You have to consider that if they were given our opportunities they would do more than play dress up like kids that haven't grown up.

    And yes I am being critical but is it wrong for me to say we humans have to think about each others suffering and stop living in hyper reality. Where we see images of images of images? And then we worship these images by idolizing them? Real problems exist too. We need to stop living in a dream land and ignoring them. This is a tiny problem for a tiny group that has lots of money. Why not think about a big group that has no money and whose problems are life threatening and urgent?
    April 4th, 2013 at 04:30pm
  • Sansa Stark

    Sansa Stark (930)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    71
    Location:
    New Zealand
    @ yaoi girl.
    You actually get me.
    April 4th, 2013 at 03:31pm
  • noriko.

    noriko. (330)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    25
    Location:
    Austria
    @ Soy un Dorito!
    And for extra-cushioning File
    April 4th, 2013 at 03:30pm
  • Sansa Stark

    Sansa Stark (930)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    71
    Location:
    New Zealand
    @ yaoi girl.
    And during-sex groping File
    April 4th, 2013 at 03:28pm
  • noriko.

    noriko. (330)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    25
    Location:
    Austria
    @ Soy un Dorito!
    Fat is good for after-sex cuddling File
    April 4th, 2013 at 03:26pm
  • Sansa Stark

    Sansa Stark (930)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    71
    Location:
    New Zealand
    @ yaoi girl.
    Fat is important, too tehe

    Fat sex is great
    April 4th, 2013 at 03:21pm
  • noriko.

    noriko. (330)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    25
    Location:
    Austria
    @ Soy un Dorito!
    I have about 469% File
    April 4th, 2013 at 03:19pm
  • Sansa Stark

    Sansa Stark (930)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    71
    Location:
    New Zealand
    @ yaoi girl.
    I got like 60 xD
    April 4th, 2013 at 03:16pm
  • noriko.

    noriko. (330)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    25
    Location:
    Austria
    @ Soy un Dorito!
    GACKT ONLY HAS 6% BODY FAT mrgun
    April 4th, 2013 at 03:13pm
  • Sansa Stark

    Sansa Stark (930)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    71
    Location:
    New Zealand
    @ yaoi girl.
    THEY HAVE BETTER LEGS THAN I DO!
    April 4th, 2013 at 03:13pm
  • noriko.

    noriko. (330)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    25
    Location:
    Austria
    @ Soy un Dorito!
    I'M SITTING HERE ALL LIKE, PFFF. WHAT'S LIPSTICK FOR?

    AND THEN YOU HAVE ILLUMINATI.
    DAMN ILLUMINATI, MAN.

    Image
    April 4th, 2013 at 03:11pm
  • Sansa Stark

    Sansa Stark (930)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    71
    Location:
    New Zealand
    @ yaoi girl.
    They are all so pretty and I'm just sitting here like I can put a paper bag on my face
    April 4th, 2013 at 03:09pm
  • noriko.

    noriko. (330)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    25
    Location:
    Austria
    @ Soy un Dorito!
    KAMI WAS PERCECT, WASN'T HE? Sad

    AND TETSU Lick
    April 4th, 2013 at 03:04pm