Pro-Choice: Keep The Government Out Of My Uterus! - Comments

  • erin.whatserface.

    erin.whatserface. (160)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Fiji
    Edt:: being 'pro-CHOICE' does not equate to 'pro-death.'
    Typing error. :P
    May 28th, 2009 at 02:48am
  • erin.whatserface.

    erin.whatserface. (160)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Fiji
    Ah, an intelligent article! Let there be rejoicing amongst the masses!
    :)

    I'm Pro-Choice, and I [b]highly[/b] appreciate that you mentioned that being 'pro-life' doesn't equate to being 'pro-death,' as you put it. I would never be able to have an abortion myself, but the government, or any authority for that matter, has no right to tell me what to do with my body. I really don't see any need for me to rehash why; it's been done in your article and in many of the other comments.

    Wonderful article. Highly appreciated.
    Have a nice day. :)
    May 28th, 2009 at 12:53am
  • roxsoxx

    roxsoxx (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Location:
    United States
    The 'womans choice' refers to her having control over her fertility/body? Hello-they already do before the abortion-when letting a guy have sex with her. What about the babys choice, everyone deserves a chance to have a life, its a natural right
    March 28th, 2009 at 12:20am
  • DomoLurv

    DomoLurv (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    93
    Location:
    Aland Islands
    I am so thankful that there is both a smart pro-choice writer on this site, and someone who also believes that religion and anti-abortion are very closely connected. Kudos my dear, for both expressing your views [which I'm still overwhelmingly surprised are outweighed] and writing it in a concise and well informed manner.
    March 2nd, 2009 at 01:25pm
  • dragonrider1017

    dragonrider1017 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Location:
    United States
    Ok, tell me this. I am far, far from one of those people who will tell you what you can and can't do, but please oblige me and take a second to look at the people around you; your mother, boy/girlfriend, brother, or a newborn child. Take a second and count all the good things about that person. Now let it be known that that might have been destoyed by a split-second decision to get an abortion. Think that you might have been destroyed by an abortion... Make's your head spin, doesn't it? And please try and think for me once again... what about the child? Doesn't it get a choice? No matter what you want to call it, fetus, zygote, embryo, it is only dehumanizing the taking of a life from what can only truly be called a [i]human[/i]. And another point... if the woman didn't want to get pregnant, why is she having sex in the first place? Rape... I am divided on that one, but leaning toward the adoption option. And men, I believe, should also have some say as to what happens to the children that they must obviously have a hand in creating. Duh. If the pregnancy is threatening one or both lives, I must step back and say that the option should be there, even though I personally would carry the child anyway (yes, I am a girl, no insults please). Let it be known that I am an open-minded person. I support gay marrige and freedom of religion and so on... But please take the time to go look at a picture of an infant, or the real thing if you can. Look at its face, its total helplessness, and try and tell me that that is something you could willingly murder. Murder is in fact the only word for it.
    March 2nd, 2009 at 05:49am
  • Bygeera

    Bygeera (350)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Location:
    United States
    I agree. Ifyou don't support abortion, shut up and stay out of it.
    December 23rd, 2008 at 11:26am
  • PurpleKitten

    PurpleKitten (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    I'm not for abortion, but I am pro-choice. Just like I'm not heterosexual, but I'm pro-choice on gay marriages. Politicians have no right to force their own religion on the people. Freedom of religion is stated in the Constitution. I totally agree, women should be able to do what they want with their bodies. Especially in the case that a woman is raped and ends up pregnant or if the woman's health prevents the birth of a healthy baby.

    And why are so many men anti-abortion? In my opinion, this is a woman's issue. As you said, none of the men won't ever get pregnant. But if a husband wants to back his wife, then fine.

    I think it's crazy how this seems to just now start to become a huge issue, especially in politics. Crimeny. I can't wait until this election is over!
    October 14th, 2008 at 11:16pm
  • Dr. AngryFuk

    Dr. AngryFuk (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    Canada
    "Ok everyone, prepare to be fucked by the long dick of the law!" - Officer Michaels
    seems to be whats happening at times
    anyway great article
    September 10th, 2008 at 07:40am
  • onewaytogo

    onewaytogo (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    I love this article.
    Aahaha.
    No babies. I giggled.
    September 9th, 2008 at 05:54am
  • somuchplay

    somuchplay (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    HELL YES.
    I love this article!!
    Although, I'm not pro choice or pro life...I'm pro baby killing. No babies no babies no babies.

    Hehe, just kidding. I'm pro choice 110%.
    August 28th, 2008 at 06:31am
  • crappyloveballad

    crappyloveballad (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    YES!!!!

    You wrote this superly.

    One of the best ever.
    You added your personal beliefs along with fact, and research.

    Simply Fabby!
    August 23rd, 2008 at 11:24pm
  • falling not flying

    falling not flying (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    This was possibly the most intelligent and well written article I've seen on here. I am completely Pro-Choice, this was very informitive. I found it to be extremely to the point, and it gave the correct information. Once again- beautiful.

    [i]77% of anti-abortion leaders are men. 100% of them will never be pregnant.[/i]

    Brilliant.

    You finally made the point that the Separation of Church and State is the best thing our Government has come up with, though alot of people choose to ignore it.

    I hate to be repetitive, but- Brilliant, Genius, Intelligently written.

    xoxo
    Nicki
    August 9th, 2008 at 10:44pm
  • phoebe is the shizz

    phoebe is the shizz (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Japan
    i believe this is the best written article on this subject that i have ever read.
    and i agree, if you don't like it don't get it-- simple and to the point.
    August 9th, 2008 at 10:32am
  • creature fear.

    creature fear. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    thank you so much for writing this.

    i couldn't agree with you more.
    August 1st, 2008 at 08:04pm
  • psychogirl

    psychogirl (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    I agree, I think every situation is different and in some cases an abortion is best. Other not so. I think it's the woman choice and no one should judge her for it.
    July 23rd, 2008 at 11:17pm
  • Dreaming in Color

    Dreaming in Color (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Location:
    Singapore
    The Phantom has it right
    July 16th, 2008 at 01:34pm
  • GreenDay4Ever

    GreenDay4Ever (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    And I quote The Phantom, below me. lol.
    July 12th, 2008 at 04:53pm
  • fountainhead

    fountainhead (250)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    I loved the title as much as your point.
    Extremely well written!
    July 12th, 2008 at 06:07am
  • he-paints-me-blue

    he-paints-me-blue (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    You say the mother has a right to her own body, and I agree with that. However, does the baby not have a right to its own body?

    I'm not really against abortion. I guess you could say that I'm torn between the two choices. One side of me thinks one thing yet the other side thinks something completely different.

    A well written article, in any case.
    July 11th, 2008 at 07:18pm
  • sansa.

    sansa. (250)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    god bless you, sacred article writer.

    & if you want to keep the vacuums away from your uterus, keep your views away from my throat. :]

    and that's not an attack btw :]
    July 11th, 2008 at 05:51pm