Pro-Choice: Keep The Government Out Of My Uterus! - Comments

  • onewaytogo

    onewaytogo (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    Alright, from reading comments on this, I'll have to say I'm pro-choice. I'd like to point out that, yes, most cases aren't of rape, or something quite close to it, but think about it. Put yourself in the position of a teenage girl. You would be absoluetly terrified. In my case, I probably wouldn't have the guts to have an abortion, but others have the right to do whatever they want. It's not your choice. It's theirs. When a male gets pregnant, tell me. Then I'll rethink this.

    And the prostitution thing is completely irrelivant. Prostitutes can be male or female. I haven't seen men having abortions lately, have you? And the descion to make it illegal was NOT based on religion, morally wrong or not. Please get your reasons and facts straight.

    Oh, and, I do disagree with the sucking of the brains after 3 months. But before then, it's just cells. It's not even a girl or a boy! It has no mind, it feels no pain up till 3 months. So, chill. It's not murder yet.
    July 10th, 2008 at 08:17am
  • Make_my_lover_stay

    Make_my_lover_stay (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    35
    Location:
    United States
    Still against it and think of it as murder. But to each her own, and well written article at that. You actually had facts and no foolish arguments that I typically see when viewing this subject. And how is not agreeing with abortions synonymous with being anti-feminist? Some of you are unbelievable...
    July 10th, 2008 at 02:24am
  • BrionnaxROCKETSHIP

    BrionnaxROCKETSHIP (1000)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Location:
    United States
    I am in love with the icon that says "--% of anti-abortion leaders are men, and 100% will never get pregnant. Cut off my reproductive choice, I cut off yours. *giant scissors*."

    Hehe. Very nice article.
    July 10th, 2008 at 02:24am
  • Myche

    Myche (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    42
    Location:
    United States
    I loved this article, it was so well written, and argued clearly. However i am SO angry at the anti-abortion people who come and rant and rave at us on here, we HAVE heard your opinions before, and read your anti-abortion articles, so please do us all a favour and shut up now. I would also like to say i am completely pro-choice, and even if i weren't i would be against the people who protest outside abortion clinics, who try to make people who have abortions feel guilty, and impose their views on people. I also feel my rights, particularly as a woman, are being threatened when government discusses abortion laws. Especially considering the lack of female MPs in British Parliament, and the lack of female representation worldwide also. Abortion laws effect women directly, so we should have the right to vote on any changes in the law.
    July 8th, 2008 at 01:38am
  • devil's trap

    devil's trap (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    i loved this article.
    July 5th, 2008 at 11:06am
  • the endless.

    the endless. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    @ Demosthenes

    Feel free to "keep those vacuums away" from your uterus. Just don't try to keep them away from mine or anyone else's. Smiley
    July 5th, 2008 at 12:24am
  • Reggae Hit LA

    Reggae Hit LA (250)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    Canada
    It's extremely unfair to assume that women will use abortion as a means of birth control. Condoms [i]do[/i] break and the Pill [i]does[/i] fail sometimes. When me and my boyfriend get it on, the last thing we're thinking of is babies, but yes, we do take the steps necessary to try and prevent a pregnancy from happening. Not every woman who gets knocked up is irresponsible.
    July 4th, 2008 at 11:36pm
  • Squirrely.Kassi

    Squirrely.Kassi (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    I'm not against abortion, as long as it isn't my family, but I do feel (not even religiously) that women should have the right to birth control/condoms etc... But if she gets pregnant then she should take her responsibility...

    I think it's wrong when women use abortion as another form of birth control, why use a condom, if I get pregnant I'll just get an abortion. I think that's wrong, people have their own opinions on the topic. I just think some people should grow up and take responsibility of their actions... That's how I feel...
    July 4th, 2008 at 09:58pm
  • vaporwave

    vaporwave (160)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    Canada
    demosthenes: I never said it was a good thing. What is a good thing is that a woman has a choice, and the government should stay out of it. Abortion is not murder.

    And to state my honest opinion, the world needs less babies.
    July 4th, 2008 at 09:11pm
  • Silly_Girl

    Silly_Girl (350)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    nerdy_elisabeth made me think of something funny. On a road by my house that has a sign that says: "Chose life, fight abortions." And last year someone spray painted the word: SEX in big blue letters. They only recently fixed it. And you can still see the 'S' under the new paint job.
    I about pissed my pants when I saw it.
    July 4th, 2008 at 05:13pm
  • nerdy_

    nerdy_ (165)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    I'm pro-choice definitely. Whether or not individuals think abortion is right, the choice should remain with the pregnant women.

    There's this sign at the edge of my town that says "Your Mother Was Pro-Life." Every time I pass it, I say outloud "No, my mother was pro-choice and decided to have me."
    July 4th, 2008 at 09:24am
  • Lizardd

    Lizardd (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    I agree.
    How could it affect you if someone got an abortion?
    Seriously.
    It should only be the mother's choice.
    And you kind of should get an abortion if you were raped, unless you want to go through the pain of giving birth.

    I'm certainly pro-choice.:]
    July 4th, 2008 at 08:42am
  • Non_Cherie

    Non_Cherie (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    great article.
    i agree whole-heartedly on the fact that it is the woman's right to choose, not the government's.
    July 4th, 2008 at 08:26am
  • Reggae Hit LA

    Reggae Hit LA (250)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    Canada
    Children, play nice.
    July 4th, 2008 at 08:12am
  • demosthenes

    demosthenes (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    United States
    To Miss Ann Thrope

    If being anti-woman and educated are considered to be the same thing then sure let's go with that. Educate yourself on what abortion is before you go saying its a good thing. I don't know about you but I want to keep those vaccums away from my uterus as well.
    July 4th, 2008 at 08:03am
  • tyler joseph.

    tyler joseph. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    I applaud you. Thank you SO MUCH for writing this. I'm pro-choice and agree with this 100%. =]
    July 4th, 2008 at 05:53am
  • Tainted Seance

    Tainted Seance (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    Finally, someone who knows what they are talking about.

    Fantastic article!
    July 4th, 2008 at 05:20am
  • babymoose

    babymoose (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    United States
    you rock.
    July 4th, 2008 at 05:08am
  • colour me stupid

    colour me stupid (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    i'm catholic and i'm against abortion. i think it's unfair to the baby.

    however, i'm pretty much pro-choice, because not everyone views this issue the way i do. i'll choose to never have an abortion or support it, and i'll let other women make their own decision about it.

    great article!
    July 4th, 2008 at 04:07am
  • eMO!

    eMO! (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    I was really glad to have read such a well-written, informed article. I do agree with the right to pro-choice. Even if you don't necessarily exercise the right to abortion, at least you still have it in case you ever need it. There are so many reasons, many of them unpredictable, that a woman would choose to have an abortion, and women need the right to choose.
    July 4th, 2008 at 03:51am