Self Hate Syndrome & Body Image Disorder - Comments

  • FrankJScott

    FrankJScott (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    57
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    Please try <a href=https://www.google.com/>Google</a> before asking <a href=http://www.geschichteboard.de/ptopic,100865.html#100865>Awesome Onlne Casino Website</a> 89794f9
    September 29th, 2023 at 03:45am
  • ellevan

    ellevan (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    41
    Location:
    United States
    I just wish I could be normal, whatever that may be. I am just so tired of being sad and not feeling good enough as a whole. I am not a preteen (I'm 28) anymore I don't feel like i have the right to feel this way anymore. I just wish i knew who or what triggered this feeling/ thought in me so i could unlearn it, or at least understand it. I want to be happy but i do not know how anymore. The only time I feel calm or semi happy is after I have harmed myself. This is nuts.
    May 20th, 2011 at 03:40pm
  • ClarissaDevil.

    ClarissaDevil. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Sweden
    I don't want to accept what I just realized...
    June 28th, 2009 at 08:29pm
  • MellyMelMel

    MellyMelMel (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    I never knew that these were disease type things man i feel alot of that stuff
    May 2nd, 2009 at 10:02pm
  • penadia

    penadia (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    real, scientific term is "body dysmorphic disorder".
    April 11th, 2009 at 08:26am
  • Draco_Familiar

    Draco_Familiar (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    I'm seeing a trend, and I'm using it to point out the general cause for this disorder. Many people are saying they started hating themselves to the point of harm, they were around seven, the same age where most kids start looking at what the TV or magazines or the internet says about who makes the cut. So again, I say, blame mass media.
    February 4th, 2009 at 03:03am
  • Draco_Familiar

    Draco_Familiar (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    Light In The Tunnel, don't think I haven't thought about killing myself, or hurting myself, or that I deserved physical harm, I have. The only reason why I'm typing this and not rotting in a cuffin is because I allways remind myself to even though I hate myself, I should love the fact that whatever I'm hating at the moment keeps me from being some factory made Barbie every time. I understand that there are extreme cases of people that hate themselves to outrageous degrees, but what I am trying to say is that this is something that is ACQUIRED THROUGH LIFE, not fetal developement. Blame mass media for it! That kind of propaganda is allways in everyone's faces, brainwashing people to believe that they are not good enough for some reason or another. For measure, the artice is very well written, I just disagree with the content, and if I don't say something now, there are stupid people who will take this and run with it because it finally gives them an excuse to not deal with problems, that when not faced head-on, will do major damage to any pschicy.
    February 4th, 2009 at 01:39am
  • Light In The Tunnel

    Light In The Tunnel (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    Draco_Familiar doesn't seem to have this syndrome…it seems to me that it's normal dislike of things about yourself, not as extreme as it is in the article.

    As for me, I think I have SHS. Whenever I think about myself, I can't stop reminding myself how mediocre I am at everything. I am such a worthless person…but the closest I've ever come to self harm was when I got upset once, and thought about how much I deserved a serious injury. Thanks for bringing light to the issue.
    February 3rd, 2009 at 08:07pm
  • Dean Van Halen.

    Dean Van Halen. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    I so agree with [i]Draco_Familiar[/i].
    November 14th, 2008 at 11:11pm
  • Draco_Familiar

    Draco_Familiar (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    I'm sorry, but I"m going to be honest. Everything negative is being turned into some "disorder" for someone to have an escuse to cary on the way they do. Just because you have a problem doesn't mean it's ingrained into your brain to behave that way. That just means your letting petty things get to you and you don't know how to deal. C'mon, Self-Hate Syndrome? I hate the way my voice sounds, I hate my hair, I hate my eye color, I even hate the fact that I just can't stick to one thing long enough to figuer out a career to pursue. Does that mean that I "suffer" from some misterious "disorder" that's only exsisted for the past, what? Two, three years? Not in my opinion. NO, that just means I happen to be that way. You know what I learned? I learned that, damn it! I am who I am and I can't change that. If I don't think I'm skinny enough, I say fuck it! I'm fat, let me wallow in my gurth. I've come to love the things I hate about myself.

    Do I nead a shirt that reads, "I beat Self-Hate Sydrome"? And a shrink?
    September 28th, 2008 at 10:39pm
  • abandoned by owner.

    abandoned by owner. (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Location:
    United States
    i never knew something like this could be a disorder... maybe i do need to get help... again.

    Every time i look in the mirror i see something horrible... but every one see's something pretty....

    i don't know, but this is well written thank you for sharing.
    August 30th, 2008 at 12:42am
  • Vampire

    Vampire (200)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    I can understand this so well.
    August 2nd, 2008 at 04:46pm
  • One_liners

    One_liners (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    Like most of the people commenting on this article, I didn't think it was a disorder. But I have it. When I used to look in the mirror, I feel extreme nausea. And now I don't look in them at all. This is probably one of the worst disorders.
    July 29th, 2008 at 04:53am
  • Hogs32

    Hogs32 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    I never knew that was an actual disorder. I always thought that it was just the way that my brain thought. It is the worst feeling to always be there but never really [i]be there.[/i] My school teacher back in seventh grade decided to have a journal class. The first and only journal we did was about "fringers." They are the people who are part of the group but if they were gone the party would still go on. They are the people who are quiet and shy. They never raise their hand. They never get called. They never get asked out. I realized then that I was the person she was describing. It was weird at first but then I think I got used to it. I got used to being the shy and quiet one. I never went out because I was afraid of how I looked. I never liked to wear swim suits. I still don't. I was always upset with the way that my face looked. I just never knew it was a disorder. That is crazy.
    July 24th, 2008 at 12:08am
  • XxAll AlonexX

    XxAll AlonexX (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    Wow. I didn't know that itwas an actual disorder. I think I might have both.
    Thanks for writing this.
    July 12th, 2008 at 10:00pm
  • kattattack!

    kattattack! (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    Woah, I didn't think this was an ACTUAL disorder. I mean, I know it's a problem but never knew it qualified for it...

    And man, after reading this I realized how bad I actually am. I can't look in a mirror without wanting to smash it to pieces and I hate everything about me except for my eyes [I like bright things and they change color a lot, they're super-light blue most of the time XD]. Been like this since I was about 7, and have pretty much gotten depression from it :[ I'm also an occasional cutter, but it's only when things start to spiral out of control that it ever happens. I have one scar but you can barely see it.

    Thank you for writing this :]
    July 2nd, 2008 at 12:19am
  • chazzybiatch

    chazzybiatch (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    I extremely like your article would it be alright if I steal it for my english class?
    not evyerhting of course but we are looking at teenage issues and this seems perfect!
    but if you don't want me to thats fine :D
    June 27th, 2008 at 10:30pm
  • Slaughter Me Happy

    Slaughter Me Happy (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Canada
    Er...woah. I'm not sure, but I think I qualify for this. I'm pretty sure my friends have confronted me and explained the syptoms of this to me (they weren't aware of the relation).

    But, on a different note:
    I remember I went to the mall with my friend of the 'scene' fashion and we met up with some of her friends. We went to go eat and this guy just pulled his sleeves back to reveal scars up and down his wrists, I stared at them horrified for a while. When i finally snapped out of it, the other guy there had already whipped out his 'battle wounds'.

    Thanks so much for posting it.

    On a different note,
    June 14th, 2008 at 02:48am
  • mason; reinvent love

    mason; reinvent love (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    Thank you so much for writing this.
    I suffer from both, and your article helped me realize it.
    I'm really glad that you put yourself out there and addressed this, because so many suffer without knowing, and are hurting themselves and making themselves sick because of it.
    I don't really know what to do from here, but I'm happy just to know that I'm not just "overly critical of myself" as some of my friends say.
    Again, thank you so much for writing this.
    June 3rd, 2008 at 01:41am
  • Ms. Mothersound

    Ms. Mothersound (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    thank you... thank you so much.
    May 16th, 2008 at 11:40pm