Reverse Anorexia? - Comments

  • maidahl

    maidahl (300)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    68
    Location:
    United States
    Wow she hungers so badly to be greater than average and exceed inadequacy, that she'd doing it the only public way she can: by hogging. That's disgusting. I shouldn't judge. But we're all here to have opinions. What kind of a life goal is that?
    June 25th, 2012 at 01:01am
  • FirespunObsidian

    FirespunObsidian (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    I wonder, could that possibly be another type of mental disorder we've yet to name or is it a marvelous downfall of youth? The inability to resist taking a stab at other people's beliefs, I mean.
    June 20th, 2011 at 05:29pm
  • FirespunObsidian

    FirespunObsidian (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    NOTE: Somehow everyone missed the line under "Enter your comment" where it says (and I quote) "Innappropriate and/or insulting comments won't be tolerated"...

    As to the article and comments: I like it. I like the blunt emotion-packed comments as well as the more thoughtful prose. I like that the woman and her husband are happy yet I don't like that people repeat by rephrasing previous posts about lack of research, offense, etc.

    I realize I may be attacked for this expression of my opinion by others who can't stand to NOT respond to contradictory statements. Bring it.

    ^_^
    June 20th, 2011 at 05:26pm
  • ComposingHallelujah

    ComposingHallelujah (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    Canada
    Who would wanna be the heaviest person on earth? That's just... unhealthy, and frankly, quite scary.
    February 18th, 2011 at 10:29pm
  • Anxiety

    Anxiety (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    I'm quite disappointed in all of these users repeating the same jabs past comments have already gone over. To those who have; it's acceptable to be offended, but you should censor your intensity on some level and not attack the author so bluntly. [i]Clearly[/i] research is needed, but if another commenter has already made that point known, there's no reason to keep at it with an apparent veil of rudeness over your words. Everyone has the right to an opinion, and everyone has the right to disagree. But don't boil over because everyone isn't on the same page. That's where healthy discussion and debate come in handy.
    February 8th, 2011 at 11:21am
  • Vicious.

    Vicious. (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Lebanon
    that's unfortunate and really unhealthy.
    I find it said that so many people I know will tell somebody that they are hurting themselves by being too skinny, but if somebody is obese, it's their life and if they're happy, it's okay.
    binge eating is a life-threatening disorder, and obesity has many health risks. It's really sad how people are encouraging her.
    January 15th, 2011 at 07:51pm
  • Zazoo

    Zazoo (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    You may be healthy looking on the outside, but on the inside, its probably the same gutter as the other people.
    January 11th, 2011 at 08:07pm
  • xoriginalxemox

    xoriginalxemox (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    I liked this article. It was well written. I don't understand how people are becoming offended by it. You probably should have done a little more research on the disorders so you could support yourself better. Otherwise, it was nicely done. I suggest keeping some of your opinions to yourself in articles though. Try to not use the word "I". It will help with haters. :) Good job.
    January 10th, 2011 at 02:46pm
  • not here anymore

    not here anymore (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    [b]xDearRachel[/b]
    I'm coming at you as one girl with an eating disorder experience to another. I'm not trying to jump down your throat or anything, okay?
    I can see where you got offended. A couple of the lines in the article came close to offending me, because of how they were written, but you have to understand that the author didn't set out to attack anorexics, or anyone else with any kind of eating disorder. Yes, she should have done more research, and then written the article, but she was going off what she knew. I think you'd be surprised how many people don't realize that eating disorders, a lot of the time, have nothing to do with weight. Mine did, but that wasn't the only thing. That wasn't the factor that pushed it out of control. I started out anorexic, then 'got better,' but not even a month later, I was bulimic. By that time, I had no problem with my weight; there were so many other things that pushed me to that point. But most people, especially those who have never had an eating disorder or been close to someone who has had one, don't realize that.
    What I'm trying to say is, it's okay to get offended when people make assumptions, but before you get so angry [and maybe you're not angry, I don't know, but from reading your comments, it certainly seems like you are], stop and think about where the writer is coming from. Are they TRYING to attack people with eating disorders? Or are they, like a lot of people, including this author, just misinformed?
    January 2nd, 2011 at 08:36pm
  • Atavist

    Atavist (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    Canada
    No one should write an article on something they know very little about. Especially with something as delicate as someone’s mental or physical stability. Eating disorders are rather complicated and are (usually) misunderstood by people everywhere; to write an article on one I would think to be very difficult.

    And who are you to “jump on” whether someone is offended or not? You have your opinion; someone else has a different one. We have just as much right to comment on this article as you do. And it’s not “LOOK[ing] for things to be offended” by, it’s simply an opinion--which I’m sure you could also use as a response.

    Anyway, that’s just another part of MY opinion. I apologize for the second post and I very much appreciate the comment left by the author :)
    January 2nd, 2011 at 02:10pm
  • carrotpig

    carrotpig (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Australia
    Some of you people are being unreasonable. I agree with Frank Lero.

    Also for those who think the woman's actions are 'fine' why do you jump on anorexics for being unhealthy and starving themselves, but think it's a-ok to make yourself OBESE (I'm not talking about chubby here, I mean this woman mentioned in the article)

    Are you the same sorts of people who think it's okay to poke fun at a skinny girl for being too skinny, but it's not politically correct to call somebody fat in case they're 'born with it' and it's 'mean' ignoring the fact that some skinny people are born with it too?

    Fat or skinny who cares, as long as somebody is healthy. Clearly putting on weight and eating nothing but fast food and no exercise is NOT HEALTHY and it's not 'okay' or 'normal' for her to want to this.

    Geesh. Rant/essay over
    January 2nd, 2011 at 12:42pm
  • Frank Lero

    Frank Lero (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    People are taking this article WAY too personally. She obviously made some attempt at research considering she had a case study to talk about, and maybe the reason she thought that anorexics do it for weight alone, is because she has been educated about it incorrectly, hell, maybe she knows it's not just for that reason, but she was trying to make the article have a bigger impact.
    Chillax haters, it's just an article, and it's not even a bad article, she's just used a little too much personal opinion, and you all jump on her like she's a member of the KKK.
    OH NOES, I SAID KKK, EVERYONE BE OFFENDED.
    January 2nd, 2011 at 12:17pm
  • backt0theburrow

    backt0theburrow (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    cherry xo
    Actually, I am calm and I'm not "freaking out." You're not me. You don't know if I'm calm or not. You don't know if I'm freaking out or not. And no, actually, I don't love drama. I find it quite fucking annoying. You clearly don't know me and don't assume shit. Thanks. ;) And okay? If you have anorexia and didn't get offended, that's great. You're not other anorexics. Another one said they were offended. Just because you don't get offended, doesn't mean anyone else won't. As for the whole "looking for getting offended" - that's just stupid. If something's offensive to me, then it's offensive. I don't LOOK to be offended, the hell. Yes, cos everyone just loves being offended.
    January 2nd, 2011 at 01:10am
  • taylortaylortaylor

    taylortaylortaylor (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    Oh and I forgot to mention that I have anorexia, and I wasn't offended. BUT I WAS OFFENDED THAT YOU STARTED THE TITLE WITH THE WORD "REVERSE" which has R as it's first letter, which is the first letter of right, which could mean right-handed. US LEFT-HANDED PEOPLE ARE OFFENDED!

    Kidding, interesting article. :)
    January 1st, 2011 at 07:39pm
  • taylortaylortaylor

    taylortaylortaylor (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    xDearRachel Calm down, she didn't mean to offend anyone. I don't see how in any idea she offended you, she wasn't mocking anyone with the disorder in anyway. If you look hard enough, you could be offended by anything. I could have a black and white crayon, choose to color with the black one, then be called racist because I prefer the black crayon. But isn't it silly to freak out over something so small? It's just an article on Mibba that wasn't made to offend anyone. It's almost like people LOOK for things to be offended for nowadays, because they just LOVE drama. Don't sweat the small things. Sheesh.
    January 1st, 2011 at 07:35pm
  • ImmaEnforcer

    ImmaEnforcer (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    Interesting! And ignore the haters- they're obviously looking for someone to bash. This could have been a journal, but I liked it.

    To haters: QUIT BEING SO SERIOUS! thank you, Happy new year.
    January 1st, 2011 at 09:52am
  • toasteh.toast

    toasteh.toast (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Canada
    I think you did well with this. Anorexia is mostly to weight, at least that's how I've learned it. There's a distorted body image and yeah that's just obvious. I'm not about to go into detail about anything. It's practically six in the morning and I haven't slept. Your title grabbed my attention and I just had to read it. I've had a an ENDOS and I can honestly say I was not offended in the slightest. It [I]was[/I] part of me in the past but I've learned to move on. It's all in the mind and any type of eating disorder is not good. Disorder; not a good word hah sorry but it's true. I think all of us could maybe brush up on our info, we aren't exactly at the peak of our knowledge yet. I don't mean to offend. This is a comment and I'm stating my opinion because I felt like it.
    Once again, nice job.
    December 31st, 2010 at 01:53pm
  • tyler joseph.

    tyler joseph. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    Wow, that woman is...wow.

    If her husband likes bigger women, that's fine. If she doesn't mind being overweight, than awesome, that's her desicion, but this is just crazy. She's killing herself. I get that this is the way she wants to live her life, but she's going to end up dying from a heart attack or something. There's a way that you can satisfy your partner's fetish without being completely unhealthy about it.


    I'm sorry, but I think that's just a little ridiculous.
    December 31st, 2010 at 07:52am
  • backt0theburrow

    backt0theburrow (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    ierotic; killjoy.
    How are people with EDs offended? You've failed to see that? Really? "Anorexics starve themselves to lose weight." Clearly the woman did not research her shit. Are you going to tell me that I starve myself because I want to lose weight? Are you going to tell me that starving myself to lose weight is the only reason? How do you know I'm not one of those anorexics who starve themselves and it has NOTHING to do with weight. I know quite a few of girls with EDs. My best friend, who also happens to have anorexia, starves herself obviously, and guess what - she has no problem with her weight. For her, it's about control. And that's what EDs are about - control. So please, don't say you don't know how people can be offended by this. And what I said, that was just ONE example of how I was offended. I was offended quite a few times throughout this article.
    December 31st, 2010 at 07:41am
  • flyer.

    flyer. (850)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    Just saying; reverse anorexia is an actual condition. It's more commonly called bigorexia, and it's when people believe they're too small/frail. It has more to do with gaining muscle mass than gaining fat, though.
    I've never heard of this woman before...and maybe this article would have worked better if it focused on her a bit more, because she is an interesting case.
    Nonetheless, this was not technically a bad article. It was cohesive, organised, and grammatically correct. Yes, at points, it was factually incorrect, the author should have done research, and several other things other people have already elaborated on. However, it was not [i]written[/i] badly...so props to you, article writer, for that! Just research next time and make sure to point out when you're quoting other's viewpoints :)
    December 31st, 2010 at 05:21am