The Views of Abortion - Comments

  • KillLui

    KillLui (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Denmark
    "Statistics have shown, throughout many researched articles, that there has been an increase in pro-life favors, and a decrease in pro-choice favors for the first time." - I had no idea! I'm actually kind of shocked.
    Though I myself am Pro-Choice.
    June 17th, 2012 at 01:05pm
  • Valiente

    Valiente (200)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    United States
    I'll put this as bluntl as I possibly can. A woman is officially pregnant half an hour after fertilization. If you don't want a child, don't have sex. If you're gonna have sex, at least use protection. If you end up pregnant, give the child to someone that actually WANTS a child. It isn't fair to the baby or to you
    June 17th, 2012 at 10:37am
  • justrealizelife

    justrealizelife (105)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    I'll put it simply.
    Making abortions illegal just makes the action unsafe, not disappear. It would harm and kill more people than less, and force women to live in fear.
    If you're so called "pro-life," you're on the wrong side.
    June 17th, 2012 at 10:23am
  • Lion King

    Lion King (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    I am not pro-abortion, but I am pro-choice. I don't believe that it's this heinous act, that it's murder with all of the negative connotations. But I do believe that since the person that's having the child has already lived, even if they're 12 or 13 and having a baby, that they should give the child growing inside of them a chance to live. Whether it be with them or not. Adoption is always an option, and I believe it's easier to deal with the what-ifs of giving up your baby to adoption, rather than the what-ifs of aborting your baby. But, I still do believe that if you choose to abort your baby, that its your right and I understand. I understand that sometimes the thought of having this thing growing inside of you is just so stressful, and maybe even disgusting to you to the point of you hating the unborn child, that the only way for you to help yourself is to abort. I understand that sometimes, pregnancy just isn't in your cards at the moment, or any time of your life, and that you feel like you have to do this. Whatever the reason for abortion, whether it be rational or ridiculous or heinous, it should always be your choice. And nobody else's. Nobody has the right to dictate what you do with your body, nor any law. The choice should always belong to the beholder, the mother. And nobody else.
    June 17th, 2012 at 09:05am
  • IAmATourist

    IAmATourist (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    Pro-Choice all the way.
    June 17th, 2012 at 08:15am
  • trisarahtops.

    trisarahtops. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    25
    Location:
    United States
    Way I see it, you shouldn't just be able to kill your child because you were stupid and didn't use protection. In the event of rape, yeah, you should have that right.

    I would definitely classify myself as both in the way you are.
    June 17th, 2012 at 07:50am
  • asphalt heart.

    asphalt heart. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    Pro-Life. Though on a rare occasion I could understand, like if it wasn't your fault such as rape, other than that I find abortion to be completely wrong.
    June 17th, 2012 at 07:20am
  • skinny love.

    skinny love. (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    Pro-Life, definitely. I mean, yes, sometimes when things happen and it's not your fault - rape, that's almost an exception, but I still find abortion to be completely wrong on every level.
    June 17th, 2012 at 06:44am
  • ellievengeance

    ellievengeance (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    See, back in the 80's you would be considered Pro-Choice. To me, Pro-Choice means that regardless of what you would do or how you personally feel, you hold the belief that every woman has their own feelings and their own right to choose what to do with their bodies. You don't have to be Pro-Abortion to be Pro-Choice. But I do appreciate the fact that this article steps back and looks at more than just "I'm on this side" arguments.

    Sincerely, a girl sitting here in her mother's 1987 Pro-Choice tee-shirt.
    June 17th, 2012 at 06:26am