Age and Suicide: What I Think People Should Know - Comments

  • pocahontas.

    pocahontas. (565)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    @waves wash

    Thank you for letting me know (:
    January 13th, 2013 at 09:37pm
  • waves wash

    waves wash (155)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    I like your opinions on this subject. Thank you for shareing.
    January 12th, 2013 at 08:05pm
  • pocahontas.

    pocahontas. (565)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    @Sunshine Suicide
    @Hilltop Hi-Jinks
    @EvenInMadness

    I am so glad that things make more sense now. I am so glad that you are thanking me for writing it. I am so glad you agree.
    The response I have gotten from this is not what I expected. Especially considering the controversy of it. It means so much to me, considering what was in mind when I wrote it, that it is helping others. Seriously. Every comment I get on this, or message, whatever, where someone thanks me, brings tears to my eyes. It's all because of Roy. He was the reason for me writing this, trying to understand, and use my background in psychology to help others. So thank you all. I wish there were better ways for me to thank you all. (This means everyone who has given positive feedback.)
    January 11th, 2013 at 04:36am
  • Kataclysmical

    Kataclysmical (355)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    I agree completely. Some people find depression very hard to understand and I think that there's also so many types of depression that people find things that are different so hard to understand. I have depression and I know many people who have depression worse then I do. But sometimes I just don't want to do anything. But with age, I have learned how to cope. I think all those 10-16 year olds or even younger, will learn with age how to cope.
    January 8th, 2013 at 11:29pm
  • Hilltop Hi-Jinks

    Hilltop Hi-Jinks (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Australia
    To put it quite simply, thank you.
    There aren't many people who would take the time of day to understand this kind of topic, let alone give their time to explain it to others.
    Thank you, very, very much.
    January 7th, 2013 at 12:25pm
  • katediplodocus

    katediplodocus (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    <3 This article makes sense of things for me now.
    January 6th, 2013 at 08:57pm
  • pocahontas.

    pocahontas. (565)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    @TwiggyPanda

    I'm so glad! If you have any other questions or things you'd like more detail/information on, feel free to message me!
    January 2nd, 2013 at 07:07am
  • QuietSports

    QuietSports (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    Damn... This makes a lot of things make sense to me...
    December 31st, 2012 at 09:28am
  • ThingsWillGetBetter

    ThingsWillGetBetter (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    26
    Location:
    Germany
    @ littlegirlbri
    Yes, they do see mine, and I really think this might help them over think what they are doing...just because it gives a logical answer, you know? If you don't mind, I'd link it back to this entry, too, some of them are thinking about getting an account here...
    May I ask why you don't use your dA account? :)
    December 21st, 2012 at 11:23pm
  • pocahontas.

    pocahontas. (565)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    @ ThingsWillGetBetter

    I have a deviantArt and I don't use it, and assuming you're asking, I'm sure people see yours. I'll send you a link to my facebook, if there is any way to credit that link. Thank you so much, this really, really means a lot.
    December 21st, 2012 at 05:59am
  • ThingsWillGetBetter

    ThingsWillGetBetter (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    26
    Location:
    Germany
    Hello,

    I thought of this to be very informing, interesting and importand, and I wanted to ask you if you'd give me your permission to post this on a different site called deviantArt. I'd give you all the links you ask for and link what I post back here, credit you and what not, it's just, I'd really like to share it, especially because it provides some information that could actually help some of the people who'll read it....so..yeah... :)
    December 21st, 2012 at 02:49am
  • pocahontas.

    pocahontas. (565)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    @Deus Ex Machina

    Yes, biology it is. But it relates to the effects on the brain. Yes, Serotonin effects the brain and the psychological ways of a person. And yes, the influence of these hormones upon our bodies is intense enough to drive someone to suicide. Environmental and internal factors are triggers. Even if it's slightly more sunny than normal, something most people don't even have a second care for, someone with a psychological imbalance of hormones might become overly distraught by it. It's because of what is wrong in their brains, that they don't have normal control of their feelings and emotions.
    December 18th, 2012 at 06:27pm
  • GGGG.

    GGGG. (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    45
    Location:
    United States
    Serotonin is not a psychological factor. It's a hormone; that's biology. The influence of hormones upon our bodies probably isn't intense enough to drive someone to suicide. It's mostly related to environmental and internal factors.
    December 18th, 2012 at 05:07pm
  • savages

    savages (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    This was great, baby! :D
    December 17th, 2012 at 01:44pm
  • pocahontas.

    pocahontas. (565)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    @whomping willow.
    Thank you so much! I am so glad you liked it
    December 13th, 2012 at 01:53am
  • jewelia.

    jewelia. (2225)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    24
    Location:
    United States
    @ London
    I don't think I saw one grammar or spelling mistake.
    Nicely written! I think it's factual, as well as including additional tiny details to spice it up a little. Great article!
    December 12th, 2012 at 11:17pm
  • pocahontas.

    pocahontas. (565)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    @London

    I'm a journalism student, so I assure you both my grammar and spelling are excellent.
    As previously stated, I wrote this for my journalism final and didn't have time to get into loads of details - also, I wanted to keep it simple because not everyone knows the information I know, and therefore they wouldn't really understand.
    December 12th, 2012 at 03:56pm
  • London

    London (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Korea (South)
    It was hard for me to get through this article. Your grammar was not so great and your spelling was not so great either.
    Your ideas are overly simplified and personally speaking I think your topic is far to narrow. Supporting evidence is weak.
    As a law student I look forward to reading your future articles and watch your progress.
    December 12th, 2012 at 08:37am
  • pocahontas.

    pocahontas. (565)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    @NeonAbyss
    I am very sorry for your loss, and the fact that it happened in from of you. But I can tell you, there was something wrong with him psychology for the things around him to take him to that point. It's called a trigger. One thing leads up and leads up to it until finally one thing happens and something know the mind just snaps.
    December 12th, 2012 at 03:02am
  • Ne0nAbyss

    Ne0nAbyss (465)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    26
    Location:
    United States
    For me, age is suicide sometimes can affect the person. When a teenager takes their lives, or shoots up a school it's because at their age they were overcame with bullying and were easily affected. But I do agree that emotional conflict, and biological conflict, that a person may not be aware of can affect how that person is and why they committed Suicide.

    I can honestly say though, the person that I've known who shot himself in front of me was affected by the things around him. Not Serotonin levels.
    December 12th, 2012 at 02:27am