Cyber Bullying - Comments

  • bbellatyell

    bbellatyell (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    25
    Location:
    Sweden
    Mr. Green Sad Wink Cool Very Happy Smile
    December 26th, 2013 at 08:58pm
  • swell

    swell (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    Australia
    I find cyber bullying just disgusting, and although children should definitely be taught the wrongs of cyber bullying and the effects it has, I feel like parents also play a role in it. I wasn't allowed to have Facebook until I was 17, because my mum was always afraid that I would get cyber bullied. (I had a Myspace which she didn't know about though, and a fb before she told me I could have one. I deleted the old one and started a new one) Kids that are as young as nine and ten have Facebook which is so weird, what type of child that young needs Facebook? What type of parents allows their child to be on a social networking site that young? It's scary to think that children who haven't even reached their teenager years yet are using facebook and have iPhones or use technology to speak to their friends every night.

    I think schools should play a role and teach kids the effect of using the internet wrongly. At our school, we had people come in and talk to us about cyber bullying and the impact it can have. I heard about a group of eighth grade girls who cyber bullied one girl so much that they put her name and address on a paedophilic website, and strange men came to her house. That family had to move, and those girls were expelled, I think. It's just disgusting what people can do, and I don't think they even knew of the effects. It makes me sick how kids so young, or at any age really, can be bullied from the privacy of their own home.
    July 6th, 2013 at 11:38am
  • Snapback-Princess

    Snapback-Princess (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    It is terrifying how common cyber-bullying has become. The internet is just so open to absolutely anyone and the use of anonymity is apparently just too tempting. I think the problem is ignorance and the fact that some people just don't understand the severity of the situation. More awareness needs to be raised and people need to listen. What a society we live in!
    April 4th, 2013 at 10:42pm
  • VirgoAhtmah

    VirgoAhtmah (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    @makemescreama7x I liked your Article and Agree with it very much but I have somethings to ask you....have you ever seen the Documentary Film called ''Bully'' from 2011? Or the Film called ''Cyber Bully''? They are pretty good with Raising about Bullying etc.

    I must tell you tho that this site and another site called TeenInk.com have done nothing about Bullying...I was cyber bullied for a long time on the Chat Room on this website before they took it off the homepage but still that doesn't solve anything...actually I can't even talk to a lot of friends of mine because the Chat Room is so dead and the people here on Mibba are so irresponsible they just didn't call the police on and delete the bullies accounts.

    And with TeenInk, the Chat Rooms there are much Alive but they do nothing bout the Cyber Bullying on there no matter how many times I reported it nothing happens and its just not right to not take care of things especially when you are running companies like these.
    March 19th, 2013 at 09:32pm
  • a mimosa pudica

    a mimosa pudica (2200)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    25
    Location:
    Philippines
    I agree with everything that you have written here in your article. Cyber bullying is an issue that is getting more serious everyday. I'm hoping and wishing that people will start to reflect on the actions they have done towards other people.

    Your article was moving yet not that persuasive to me. As much as I'd like to stop it (cyber-bullying), you have to convince other readers as well by giving them more information on what's happening around them. Give them sources like any news that has been about bullying. Definitely they are a lot, so more people will understand the gravity of the situation.
    March 19th, 2013 at 12:40pm
  • sabrina's auticorn;

    sabrina's auticorn; (100)

    :
    Bibliophile
    Gender:
    Age:
    35
    Location:
    United States
    I was cyber bullied on various forums once. I'm really glad you wrote this. We need more awareness for this.
    March 19th, 2013 at 03:20am