Gardening On Small Scale And Budget

Gardening On Small Scale And Budget When some people think of gardening, they think HUGE. It doesn't have to be! You can have a garden in a pot, or even a boot! Just remember the three R's; reduce, reuse, and recycle.

  1. 1. Reduce the amount of carbon dioxide in the air. On a small scale.
  2. 2. Reuse your leftover bread crusts or anything that's biodegradable by composting.
  3. 3. Recycle old boots or shoes and use then as pots. Plant some nice smelling flowers in your old stinky shoes.

For planting in an old boot:

  • Step 1: Take your old boot put a hole in the bottom for drainage, fill it with soil but set some extra aside.
  • Step 2: CAREFULLY cut two slits, one about three inches from the top and one close to the ankle of the boot. Some soil will fall out.
  • Step 3: Find plants with shallow roots they will go in better. Open the slits and plant one plant in each. At the top plant any plants that won't do much growing. Small plants are recommended.
  • Step 4: Water the plants and enjoy.

This is easy to do and pretty cheap too! If you don't have a boot or a shoe to plant in, then go to flea markets or second hand stores. Have fun!

Latest articles