Animal Experimentation - Why The Pain Must Stop - Comments

  • onewaytogo

    onewaytogo (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    What it comes down to is whether or not you would prefer people or animals to be tested on. It's one or the other, and unfortunately for the animals, their lack of knowledge and our enormous egos continue to push and thrive upon their torture.
    I don't like it either, but there's really nothing you can do about it.
    July 14th, 2009 at 08:39pm
  • only human

    only human (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    34
    Location:
    United States
    @Anthrax

    You don't want things to be tested on animals? Okay then, let's test things on you!
    July 14th, 2009 at 08:34pm
  • tealores

    tealores (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Canada
    I personally hate animal testing all together but I suck it back more when it comes to medical. I just wish they'd stop testing cosmetics on animals and that they'd test them in a more humane way.
    Animals have feelings too. People should take that into consideration more.
    July 14th, 2009 at 06:23pm
  • Sugar Breath

    Sugar Breath (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    34
    Location:
    United States
    I couldn't even get halfway through this 'article'. Your grammar and spelling are atrocious.
    July 14th, 2009 at 06:03pm
  • Midnight Ruby

    Midnight Ruby (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    102
    Location:
    United States
    i hate animal testing it is wrong and needs to stop. I know that we need the medicine but if we are as smart and great as many people so wrongly think then we should be able to do testing in more humane ways such as give the animals there own cage and feed them everyday. I always have said Humans destroy beauty we are so afraid of nature and death that we hurt the rest of the world without caring.
    July 14th, 2009 at 05:56pm
  • vaporwave

    vaporwave (160)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    Canada
    Remember human experimentation during the Holocaust? Would you rather have that happen again?
    July 14th, 2009 at 05:50pm
  • Kissing.Sin

    Kissing.Sin (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    That comment below me is hilarious.

    "Obviously, as many are saying, to avoid humans being hurt in experiments, other animals have to be used, but I fail to see what makes humans the most important animal."

    The fact that we're intellectually superior? I don't see lions making paracetamol or cats making cars. The fact that we are supposed to be a hunted animal and in fact have become the hunter? We take what we have and use it, so next time you take some medicine I'd think twice because there will have been animals that were tested on to make your precious medicine to stop your headache or something ridiculous
    July 14th, 2009 at 05:07pm
  • generated anomaly

    generated anomaly (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    Obviously, as many are saying, to avoid humans being hurt in experiments, other animals have to be used, but I fail to see what makes humans the most important animal. It's or medication that we're developing, it's our scientific breakthrough, if we get the glory, we should take the loses. I don't know what makes people think that they're so high and mighty over everything else on the planet. I don't see any other creature killing, not only millions of other species for their benefit (of course I am also talking about meat consumption), but the planet as well, just from a few short years of existence.

    I know that I'll get criticism for this, but I really don't care. I probably won't check this article again anyway, so I'd like to cut to the chase:

    If I ever saw a person doing to my cat what happens in regulated experiments, I'd want them dead. It makes me absolutely ill to think of torturing animals, less so, than inducing the same on a human, who at least can actually consent.
    July 14th, 2009 at 04:55pm
  • Kissing.Sin

    Kissing.Sin (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    Animal testing is necessary in the medical world
    Anyone remember that case a few years ago where they got human volunteers to test out a drug?
    Nearly all of them died, something which could've been stopped by using animals unfortunately
    July 14th, 2009 at 04:40pm
  • It'll Be Okayy

    It'll Be Okayy (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    Animal testing is wrong, but unfortunately it probably will continue for a long time.

    I would think that animals are more like us mentally than people would care to admit... they have the instinct to survive... they eat, sleep, have offspring, and eventually die... now doesn't that sound a lot like us?
    July 14th, 2009 at 04:11pm
  • The Master

    The Master (15)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    34
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    [b]BLUEcloud:[/b] Have you ever recieved a vaccination or taken any form of medication?

    If so, you're a hypocrite.
    July 14th, 2009 at 02:33pm
  • BLUEcloud

    BLUEcloud (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    Other than a few letters missed/added, especially in the italics quote, this was a well written article. Using emotive language, examples of hideous cruelty... and although it is biased, I suppose the article was somewhat intended to be, so :)

    I find animal testing cruel and disgusting. People commit such crimes against nature (for animals are part of the balance within nature, as humans possibly SHOULD be) because humans are desperate and pathetic. Humans are forever fighting to squeeze out every ounce of life this world can give them, and at any cost.
    Because we all fear death, or the whateer after death, and one instinct we have kept strong over centuries =many of our other instincts suppressed so deep within ourselves that this planet has been forced to adapt to us rather than vice versa= is the instinct to survive.
    Mash this instinct with the darker side of the supposedly-evolved humans' natures, and so is the reason for medicines and for all the testing behind medicines, I have come to conclude over my not-so-many-years-long life.

    Testing is because we are scared. It is undeniably horrendous, too, from what I've heard. I wonder how we're to change.
    July 14th, 2009 at 02:17pm
  • The Master

    The Master (15)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    34
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    Has the phrase for the greater good ever occured to you? That all this is to stop suffering elsewhere?

    Animal testing is a required thing on medical and psychological grounds before a thesis or a drug can be tested on humans due to the Nuremberg Code.

    And sorry, but I had to laugh when you listed Iams as conducting animal testing. They make animal products, who else would they test it on?

    This is the option we have as experimentation on humans is unviable ethically. Because although we are physically like animals, we are not mentally. This is the major definition. But even so, ethics are still heavily considered before any animal testing occurs.

    I do not condone animal testing in cosmetic uses but I do in medical and psychological as you and I will have used medication which will have been previously tested on animals.

    Until viable solutions can be put in place instead of animal testing, it is here to stay I'm afraid because we can't close down a whole sector of medical research because we can't test the products.
    July 14th, 2009 at 01:43pm