Animal Experimentation - Why the Pain must Stop #2 - Comments

  • SuperGeek

    SuperGeek (350)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    Lab-grown organs DO NOT react in the same way. The body is a CLOSED environment for the most part. A HEART does not touch AIR in the human body. It does in a lab.

    Yes, cosmetics testing on animals is unnecessary and there are probably other ways. Yes, animals and humans have different anatomies. Yes, destroying animal research will destroy medical advances.

    Where are your sources? It was really hard to follow, there was no information pertaining to how you got to these conclusions, and this was just a rant.

    Medicines tested in a lab do not translate effectively to the outside world one hundred percent of the time. Once the medicine has been diluted so it's not harmful to humans, it might not be as effective as it was in a lab.

    You mentioned cancer patients willing to try experimental treatments, but you didn't tell us that cancer drugs are some of the most rigorously screened for possible harmful side effects because the patients are immunocompromised.

    Next time, try citing sources.
    November 26th, 2009 at 05:28pm
  • Chi Ashi

    Chi Ashi (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    Japan
    Okay people's...This was an essay.
    This is the freaking conclusion to it. If you haven't noticed.
    I've read ALL of this in person. It acctually makes alot of sense but if you have nothing nice to post. Don't post it please.
    ~`*`Apple Butterfly Rulz!`*`~
    September 8th, 2009 at 03:47am
  • Donatello;;

    Donatello;; (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    A few years back a drug called phylidomide (spelling?) was tested on guinea pigs . the guinea pigs had no side effects , the pill was for morning sickness , the women who took these pills were fine , but their children - another story , each child whos parent ingested phylidomide became a sufferer of BBS ( Blue baby syndrome) Its a painful and damaging syndrome , not one child who suffered BBS came out with a fully functioning body - The point of this is to show Humans and Animals - though basically from the same source - have entirely different anatomies and lets not forget kids , the Bible says animal testings okay , because god gave us lordship over animals so we may do with them what we will , evolutions the nicer theory now ;)


    Oh yeah and back up your article one look over it made me A) believe you were an idiot and B) that you were just ranting =/
    July 25th, 2009 at 09:16pm
  • not here anymore

    not here anymore (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    You didn't need another article.
    Spell-check, darling.
    Cite references so we know what you're saying isn't complete bull.
    These alternatives are obviously not so great if we're not using them.
    July 22nd, 2009 at 08:05am
  • onewaytogo

    onewaytogo (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    You should probably put what's wrong with the alternatives, too. You expect me to believe in these perfect alternatives, yet for some reason these animal experimentars aren't using them yet? Hahaha, no.
    July 18th, 2009 at 05:25am
  • Grave_Dancer

    Grave_Dancer (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    It's nice you stated some alternatives, but I suddenly feel like your pushing the reader to side with you on animal experimentation. This second article just seemed more desperate and pushy then the first.
    July 15th, 2009 at 11:48pm
  • Airi.

    Airi. (2240)

    :
    NaNoWriMo 2016
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    You didn't really need another article.
    You didn't really explain anything in this article. It was like a shortened version of the other one.
    July 15th, 2009 at 08:33pm
  • BLUEcloud

    BLUEcloud (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    Um, apologies for people offended by my comments on the two parts of this article. ((It's rather random to be saying this, but still :P))

    Anywho, now I've learned that there actually are alternative ways to test medicines etc rather than animal testing, plus I had a place to vent about my thoughts on all this, so thanks for writing~
    July 15th, 2009 at 08:00pm
  • vaporwave

    vaporwave (160)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    Canada
    Stop writing these; the readers' pain must stop, too.
    July 15th, 2009 at 07:05pm
  • BLUEcloud

    BLUEcloud (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    I think it thoughtful of you to have written an article in response to the commenters =plus rather smart, so you wont have to personally write to each commenter with what you wanted to reply to them=, and if you look at this article as a follow-up to the first (which the names of part one and two 'somehow' suggest :P), then I don't see a massive problem with this.
    Thanks for even bothering, but when people are so passionate about controversial topics, it's going to be unlikely that they'll not be bitter about spelling and grammar. So spell check, or feel the wrath of the haters *now I'm kinda just teasing people on purpose ^.^*
    July 15th, 2009 at 06:27pm
  • only human

    only human (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    34
    Location:
    United States
    So where are these alternatives you were going to explain in your article?

    I did not see anything that gave an explanation (or proof that one exists -- no sources cited) to any solid and truly effective alternative.
    July 15th, 2009 at 06:25pm
  • Crow Maiden

    Crow Maiden (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    I agree with Hellcat and The Master.
    To be honest, you really didn't need [b]another[/b] article to repeat what the first article said... Surely one is enough.
    If you care that much about the animals why don't you write to the government or something?
    It's MEDICINE. Learn to spell, you're on a writing site after all.
    July 15th, 2009 at 05:54pm
  • The Master

    The Master (15)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    34
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    Did this really need another article?

    Surely you could have easily covered this in article one.
    July 15th, 2009 at 12:11pm
  • Hellcat

    Hellcat (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    102
    Location:
    Bulgaria
    One: What? I'm sorry, I found your argument hard to comprehend through all your moonspeak. You have no proper thesis statement and your punctuation, grammar and spelling are distracting. Two paragraphs are not enough to thoroughly state whatever point you were trying to make.
    Two: [i]A large amount of other alternatives work better in the development of items.[/i] Cite your sources, please. Research really goes a long way. Maybe you should take the time to find out what really happens in biomedical testing before condeming it.

    I have two words for you: [b]Medical research[/b]. Are you honestly saying that you oppose animal testing in which the findings could save human lives? Without animal research, we have no biomedical science. And not only would we not have no biomedical research but we would also have no public health. We would lose about 85% to 90% of medical progress. Essentially, medical research would come to a halt. Animal research has played a vital role in virtually every major medical advance of the last century. Many of us, including you, are alive, thanks to animal based treatments; from antibiotics to blood transfusions, from dialysis to organ-transplantation, from vaccinations to chemotherapy, bypass surgery and joint replacement, practically every present day protocol for the prevention, treatment, cure and control of disease, pain and suffering is based on knowledge attained through research with animals.

    While I do believe that the use of animals for cosmetic purposes is heinous and uneccesary, medical research is imperative and until we as humans can develop accurate alternatives to animal based biomedical research, we have to stick with animals.
    July 15th, 2009 at 11:44am