'Big Freeze' Hint For Future? - Comments

  • Tom_Randall

    Tom_Randall (1650)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    Firstly thank you very much for such positive reviews.
    The majority of the evidence presented is from Al Gore's 'An Inconvenient Truth' with all the sources mentioned in this film; I definitely recommend watching this. As I mention no sources, I hope that by you watching this film, you will be convinced by this side of the argument.
    January 7th, 2010 at 09:10am
  • Lurking_shadow

    Lurking_shadow (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    Australia
    Very informative article and you have many good points.
    I understand if you wish not to reply to this comment though I am purely here for argument sake just to raise some questions.
    Have you considered the long term graphs it which has clearly been shown that the Earth has a cycle where it experiences glacial and interglacial periods? The current interglacial period we are in is in fact not reaching temperatures as high as previous cycles and is just reaching it's peak. The sun has been proven to experience times of raised heat as well as lowered temperatures. If we experience cycles in every other aspect of life and nature, why would our glacial and interglacial periods be any different? They of course take longer to see the changes, a few hundred years, but once you look back over data it is clear.
    Also a graph commonly used to show the rise in CO2 levels as well as temperature could be thought of showing that the CO2 level effects the temperature but what if you were to take in the knowledge that the seas have a large impact on the CO2 levels of the Earth and it's atmosphere so if the Earth's temperature was to rise this could effect the amount of CO2 levels that the oceans take from our atmosphere.

    Thank you for reading my comment and I am sorry to say I don't have a list of resources at this time.
    January 7th, 2010 at 06:59am
  • Deceit

    Deceit (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    Such a terrifying topic, really. I like how, as stated, you used more simplistic terms so that people didn't just look over all the words in confusion. The article was well written and I much like how I had a lot of information thrown my way, yet, it was subtle.
    January 7th, 2010 at 06:52am
  • running.out.of.sound

    running.out.of.sound (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    Quite. I agree with that wholeheartedly.
    And very well written article indeed.
    Terrifying, though.
    January 7th, 2010 at 06:48am
  • wx12

    wx12 (10125)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    This was a very good article, and I loved the simplistic language you used to explain such a complex topic, as well as your analogies. The only thing I think you might consider doing is adding in any sources you used because this topic is so controversial and those who deny global warming will want concrete evidence to support what you say. =]
    January 7th, 2010 at 05:48am