Natural Disasters: Tornadoes - Comments

  • Brittt

    Brittt (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    Tornadoes are scary. I remember the one that happened in Joslin a couple years ago. It was an F5 and the damage that it left in it's path was horrible. It's sad how much damage they can really do. People don't understand how dangerous it really is.

    Although, I wouldn't mind being a storm chaser. I feel that would be exciting and scary all at once. But this is a great article for anyone that isn't sure what to do during one of these storms.
    September 8th, 2016 at 12:05am
  • curly_cues

    curly_cues (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    I was outside during a F2 last year. You'd think with all the preparations that they have that they would caught it and sounded the alarms but they missed it and so I was outside and the wind knocked over a maple tree in our yard that takes three people to hug and the tree took out a corner of out house.

    Scariest and most fun thing of my life. Ever since then I purposely go outside during a tornado... bad idea probably but it's absolutely exhilarating!
    November 22nd, 2012 at 05:13pm
  • Sara_K

    Sara_K (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    I lived in Southwestern Minnesota when I was a kid, and our town used to get hit by the worst tornadoes. They would hit the ground and the entire house would tremble, it was awful. We would sit in the basement and we could hear it travelling through the corn field right across the road from our house. It was so loud and scary, augh, tornadoes are one of my worst fears.

    That being said, I think this is a great article. Especially the Tornado watch vs. warning, that always confused me. I think this is helpful for people who haven't encountered them yet and a good informational read for someone who lives somewhere that doesn't encounter tornadoes (if there is such a place?).
    November 9th, 2012 at 03:48am
  • delirium.

    delirium. (1200)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    This was really good. We were also told to take pictures off the wall if we hid in a hallway, because you know they could fall off. This was a really good article, and I'm happy to say since I've moved from Alabama I haven't experienced a Tornado, those things are just scary. I feel bad for anyone who goes through them for the first time.
    November 5th, 2012 at 09:23pm
  • IveGotSoManyAnchors;

    IveGotSoManyAnchors; (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    I like how you wrote the article. Having been through many tornadoes in my life, I think it would be helpful for someone who hasn't experienced a tornatic situation sometime in the future :3
    November 5th, 2012 at 07:14pm