Constructive Criticism: The Work of Wonder - Comments

  • Constructive criticism is helpful, but I'd be happy if someone even told me specifically what they liked so I know what to keep doing!
    January 16th, 2009 at 12:10am
  • Great article!

    The issue is one I always get annoyed with. My writings fairly good, so I often get a couple of comments saying "nice work" and such. I often write back saying "glad you liked it, but how can I improve?"

    I also get kind of annoyed when people fail to keep reading, especially when they've said that they really liked the idea.
    July 13th, 2008 at 09:01pm
  • I agree that criticism should be constructive and have helpful tips. Recently though I have stopped doing this due to thew writer becoming outraged that a person thinks they did something wrong or says they should improve. I am defiantly not rude when I say, "I liked this article and I thought it was informative but I notice you spelled this and this wrong," but there have been times when I have said things like that and I get flamed. If the writer doesn't flame me then their devoted readers try to. Sometimes they both do. I think writers need to take things a bit less defensive to criticism that actually helps.
    July 13th, 2008 at 12:10am
  • A lot of story writers could benefit from this article if the people who leave them comments read it. Saying "Wonderful story!!!1" or "I absolutely love it!!" is very sweet, but it's useless really. Constructive criticism is what makes good writers become great writers, fantastic article. Smiley
    June 29th, 2008 at 05:25pm
  • amen. amazing article.
    June 29th, 2008 at 05:50am
  • This is probably one of the few articles that is really going to help people on here. [i]Great[/i] job.
    June 28th, 2008 at 09:45pm
  • I agree with WickedRose, the article really goes have a good message. Next time I comment something, I'll take what you said into mind. Though, I never comment either.... Good job!
    June 28th, 2008 at 08:56pm
  • This is a pretty nifty article. I really wish that people would give comments [i]at all[/i] on stories. I hate it when there it like 30 readers for a chapter and you got like two comments. Granted not all 30 people read the thing but oh well. But this was a good article and it proves a very important point. I just hope a lot of people read it, although the people who really need to hear it won't even click the link. :[ That's poopy.
    June 28th, 2008 at 03:17pm
  • I liked this article, it had a good message and was well worded. Now I feel like I should give you some constructive criticism, but I can't really think of anything you could improve! Your point was clearly explained and stated, ad involved the audience in the first few paragraphs by talking about experinces they could relate to.
    June 28th, 2008 at 11:47am