What's Wrong With Mainstream? - Comments

  • well written. Theres nothing wrong with the mainstream, except its all the same thing. like m'n'm's. skittles are better cause theres just more variety.
    July 7th, 2008 at 10:34pm
  • Ha, cool article! I totally agree with it.
    July 7th, 2008 at 07:07pm
  • By definition conformity means an action in accordance with prevailing social standards, attitudes, practices, etc. It can also mean correspondence in form, nature, or character; agreement, congruity, or accordance. To be a conformist does not just simple mean to agree to social norms that are detrimental. For example, in high school most teenagers conform to the social groups that are dominant in their school to fit in. If a person became a skater because everyone else is a skater that is conformity. Another example of conformity would be when people decide to become an environmentalist because now there are tons of articles about global warming. If a person reads that article and then decided to recycle and try to prevent global warming that would make that person a conformist because they are agreeing with the beliefs of others that feel that way. The only point I was attempting to make was think before you bash other groups, and other people about being hypocritical.
    July 7th, 2008 at 07:02pm
  • Lol, interesting article.. and I totally agree with what you said about 'Let's conform to non-conformity!', you got it right there mate. It's good to know there are other people out there with the same gripes about popculture as I have :P
    July 7th, 2008 at 06:30pm
  • Interesting article.
    There are lots of things I can -- probably should -- say, but I really don't feel like doing into them.
    Overall, however, amusing article.
    July 7th, 2008 at 06:04pm
  • WE ALL CONFORMISTS!
    If you're dead or alive.
    If you're alive, so is everyone else.
    If you're dead, so is everyone else.
    If you're comatose, so is everyone else.
    See? You just conformed. =]
    July 7th, 2008 at 05:52pm
  • i liked this article.
    i bugs me so much how kids are like 'NON-COMFORMATITY! WOOT!'
    okay so since every one is now 'non-comformitists', non-comformitity is the mainstream.
    it just bugs me how everyone thinks they're so 'different' and 'unique' when there are a million other kids just like them.
    the whole non-comformitity thing is really hypocritical.

    honestly,
    i think if you want to be a true non-comformist now,
    you have to be a conformist.

    i just think you should like what you like because YOU like it,
    not so that every other my chemical romance, hot topic obsessed, person out there accepts you.
    the only person you should try to impress,
    is [i]yourself[/i].
    July 7th, 2008 at 05:45pm
  • honestly, I didn't quite like it either.
    don't get me wrong, there's nothing necessarily wrong with it, but you had a way of putting things in a bothering way.
    we're not all conformists, we really aren't. You actually gave conformism a definition, that though it seems to fit sometimes, is wrong. conformism isn't liking what other people like, it's accepting things that are unfair, that are not okay, etc.
    also, there are two categories of mainstream things : things that are so good everybody likes them, and things that are VERY BAD but amazingly overrated.
    and... [i]"conformity and mainstream are not bad"[/i]? perhaps it's okay to like mainstream things. but conformity in its true sense leads to horrific things.
    July 7th, 2008 at 05:39pm
  • I didn't like this article. :]
    July 7th, 2008 at 04:51pm