What's Love Got To Do With It? - Comments

  • Good question.

    Though I don't have answers, I can say this, people do let themselves believe that they "are in love" because they want to be. Thus heartbreak. Or one person loves another, but that person doesn't return the feeling. Heartbreak.

    But that doesn't mean the the feeling isn't real, you just have to ask yourself, and be completly honest. Is this love? Someone else can't tell you what it's like becuase, different people feel differently, that's why there isn't the exact definition. Just don't lie to yourself.

    A lot of people have taking a liking to lieing to themselves because they want it to be that way. Life doesn't work that way.
    July 23rd, 2008 at 03:01am
  • Love is what you want it to be.
    It can be the way you feel when that one person touches you.
    It can be the way you feel when you take a long walk outside.
    It can be the way you feel when you enjoy a laugh with your mother.
    Love is what you want it to be.
    July 15th, 2008 at 07:54am
  • Great article.

    I guess I agree with you in most respects. I think it's very easy to make someone into your perfect guy/girl in your head, and fall in love with that image rather than the actual person.

    Love is complicated, and I guess we'll never really understand it.

    But I do know that love can never be bad.
    July 13th, 2008 at 08:55pm
  • I don't think love is nearly as complicated as everyone says it is. Love is what you feel when your heart is full and you feel complete and happy- it can come from a romantic relationship, family, friends, a pet, or just doing something or being somewhere that makes you happy. Love is extreme happiness- you don't need to have a romantic relationship to be in love.
    July 12th, 2008 at 08:57pm
  • You make a good point but love is an emotion like any other...so maybe it's not right in front of us and maybe it's something that we search for but think we'll never find and that's the whole point, that's the beauty that love holds...it's so hard to find that when you finally catch it you never want to let go of it, that's how you'll know that what you're feeling is the true love everyone talks about...

    For our generation love has just become an idea and the truth is that it's so hard to find (because lets face face it most of us teenagers have never even been shown what love is by our parents) and all we have left to do, is wonder if it's real or not!!!!! Unfortunately, we're so desperate to find it that we will settle for the first person that makes us feel like in some way we are loved (even if we aren't in love with that person) and instead we waste our time and let love pass right by without once looking at it in the eyes and giving it a chance...
    July 11th, 2008 at 05:22am
  • Your entire article is based on the assumption that love is impossible to understand, undefinable. Which is ridiculous. Love is what you feel for your family and friends, and the only thing that changes when it's romantic love is that you're physically attracted to the person you love. That's it. Mystery solved.
    July 11th, 2008 at 01:02am
  • I loved this article and agree with you.
    July 11th, 2008 at 12:06am
  • You've clearly never had to sit through A2 psycholgy classes on Relationships+Psychopathology.
    July 10th, 2008 at 11:07pm
  • I really like this article.
    It really portrays the truth, rather than an opinion.
    In the end, it was a bit more opinion...
    But it was very true.
    I liked the part about the love experts.
    In all honesty, you are right about that.
    This article really meant something to me, i guess.
    Although I do believe love is real.
    Beautifully written.
    July 10th, 2008 at 10:12pm
  • wanna know what it means to me lolz it means

    fuck me so i can leave u hahahha no not really

    the words have no meaning to me
    July 10th, 2008 at 08:50pm
  • i liked this article a lot.
    very well written. but one thing did bug me...
    you said:
    "In my past experiences, not of my own but of the people around me..."

    it made me feel like you didnt base this article
    on your own feeling, which makes me think,
    of course you dont believe in love, (im assuming
    youre talking about the romantic kind) you've never felt it yet!

    and the thing about heartbreak kind of got me too,
    because heartbreak can happen even when youre
    not in a romantic relationship.
    it can happen when a loved one dies,
    someone you know in your life becomes someone you knew,
    or yes, even a breakup or seperation.
    July 10th, 2008 at 08:28pm
  • Love isn't like it used to be 20 years ago. You hear of love stories back then and it makes you think. My view on love today is very screwed up. The whole love thing is still very foggy in my mind. I just don't know what to make of it yet. Some of my friends don't believe in love, just fuck buddies, but thats not right. I know its out there, I guess im just waiting for it to find me and pull me in. =]]
    July 10th, 2008 at 07:47am
  • well-written. love is undefinable, if it even exsists. there would be many types of love based on your relationship with a person. example being, you hopefully do not love your grandparents and spouse in the same way.
    July 10th, 2008 at 02:06am
  • There are many different kinds of love in the world: between friends, family, pets, boyfriends and girlfriends.

    I believe the type you were describing is the romantic kind. And that is the kind I find the most fault in for many reasons.


    However, very well written article.
    July 9th, 2008 at 11:14pm
  • I really enjoyed this article; and the concept is really brilliantly stated. In my own opinion I think love is more of an illness than anything else. Like colds; it makes you dizzy, nonsensical, and sick.. However, this illness...to me...is also mental. Like all the fantasies you'd have of being with a person; longing and the like. Then when you're with the person and you're on a high or feeling feverish which is reality and when you're dream world is gone that's when people get heartbroken...because they're fretting over a loss of their own personal world. Sorry...if that doesn't make sense. I think love is fiction, but I believe in infatuation, admiration, and attraction. And I think devotion and loyalty are more like love. Love is a definition for a many great amount of feelings for one person. Ehh this was too long and doesn't make sense probably to others than me. Sorry. > <
    July 9th, 2008 at 09:24pm
  • I really like this article.
    But I think I do believe in love. Love is giving someone else the power to destroy you. It could make or it could break you.
    July 9th, 2008 at 09:01pm
  • This was a great article.
    I agree with you on some of it, especially the part about parents telling their kids that they're too young to know what love is. That's not true. We love our families (well most of us), we love our pets, and our friends. So why can't we know when we love someone who's special to us.
    I do believe in love. I've never been in love, but I do think it's out there for everyone, including me. We just have to be patient.

    Again, awesome article. =]
    July 9th, 2008 at 08:21pm
  • Thank you for all your comments.
    Maybe it is harder for me to believe because I am not looking for it?!
    If it makes sense?
    I aim not to make my articles Biased but
    it's what I feel =]
    Thanks again.
    July 9th, 2008 at 07:08pm
  • I'm sorry, but if there's no love, there's no point in life. I'm not talking about the erotic love, I'm talking about the love one can grow to feel for a friend, a relative, an animal, a picture or a smell.
    I'm in love with this world, no matter how mean people may be or how wrong things may get. Just open your eyes and see how beautiful everything is.
    July 9th, 2008 at 06:56pm
  • I do not agree. I think love exsists. It's a beautiful thing.
    Like Albus Dumbledore said, "All the world needs is more love."
    A world without love is pointless.
    July 9th, 2008 at 05:27pm