Different isn't Different Anymore - Comments

  • Flip-Flops in winter and jackets in summer is uncomfortable, better find another way to be different. And why the big effort? We all are, we act differently, that's enough, stop worrying so much about looking different, why care so much about what the other is wearing? How about looking at their faces and their attitudes and not just their clothes? Just wear what you like, if there's 1000 other people wearing just go on living!
    May 13th, 2009 at 07:51pm
  • There's a difference in being different and just being gutsy. Sure, you could wear that bright blue tu-tu to school, but that doesn't make you different. Sure, some people wouldn't be caught dead wearing that but is it because they don't like it or because it isn't 'cool' or 'normal'?

    Everyone is different, whether they'd like to believe it or not. And at the same time, everyone's normal, no matter how much they'd like to deny it.

    Frankly, I give my props (gangsterr, yo) to those who express their individuality, for being brave enough to go past the norm. Everyone has the ability to go out dressed in crazy clothing, it just depends on their confidence and their decision making skills.

    I find that people who aren't afraid to be individuals are more outgoing and self-assured than those who worry every three minutes about how they look. While being different might be the 'new thing', we shouldn't put down those who do just because they feel like it, and not because it's a new trend.

    Buuut, that's just me. :P
    September 9th, 2008 at 12:55am
  • I have to agree.
    I am one of those people who wears those skinny jeans, eyeliner the works but I do things out of the norm.
    I've half of my hair purple and the other half blue.
    And dancing.wallflower made a good point.
    I love doing things that are funny.
    I love doing things that seem cool at the time.
    And I guess that's what makes me "different"
    Though I don't feel different because everyone else is trying to be "different"
    August 13th, 2008 at 01:12am
  • ...i'm that girl with the pigtails and mismatched socks, pretty much nothing matches. =] On mismatch day in my school, everyone asked me if I actually tried to do it or if I just got dressed like a normal day. XD I'm the one mixing bondage pants with American Eagle shirts. XD I love it.
    RAINBOW EYESHADOW!
    has to be my favorite.
    August 10th, 2008 at 09:14pm
  • I actually wanted to shoute, "hell yeah" after I read this.
    People can be different because of the things they say too and people are too quick to judge.
    Great article.
    August 10th, 2008 at 08:48pm
  • i agree with this.. but in a different perspective of 'different' i want to say that people try too hard to be unique and they claim to stand out in the crowd...

    and everyone is doing that now... that, it really isn't 'differen't.

    You know?
    Being different.. is becoming a trend that is kind of.. contradicting itself in its own way.
    August 8th, 2008 at 10:32pm
  • I think being different is all doing what you want and not caring what people think.
    Being yourself.
    It isn't always about how the way people dress etc.
    August 8th, 2008 at 04:40pm
  • Goddamn.
    Just be yourself and have fun.
    Stop worrying so much about being different.
    August 8th, 2008 at 08:17am
  • Being different doesn't have to do with the way you dress or how you label yourself. Being different and unique depends on what you do and say, your opinions and goals and how you go about achieving them.
    It's all in the heart.
    August 8th, 2008 at 07:03am
  • HEAR HEAR!
    August 6th, 2008 at 10:20pm
  • to really be different, there is really no such thing. When your young your always told your unique and eys you are, but your like everyone else.
    If your a boy and you skateboard, you just like the other skaters. Your not the onlyu skatter, so your not different, unique because your your own person. but not different.
    August 6th, 2008 at 10:14pm
  • The term 'different' is misused. A few years ago anyone with abnormally dyed hair i.e pink blue gree, etc.. is different. now, i can look to the right or left, when is public and not see anyoen with dyed hair. Every one dyes it now.
    Last year if you wore shirts sayign 'GO Green' people were like 'wtf is that?!' but now. EVERYONE wears them.

    Being different i a fad and it just so happens that being normnal, is different and difference is normality.
    August 6th, 2008 at 10:12pm
  • And sadly, that description of an outfit is hardly different either. It's called being so different you're the same - I see plenty of girls with odd socks, and plenty of girls wearing coats innapproptiate for the season, and plenty of girls with 'different' hair.

    Being different means thinking differently. If you can do that, you're different. Unfortunately, being different is very, very lonely, as the best friends are the ones that think similiarly to us.
    August 6th, 2008 at 10:02pm
  • As long as you're being yourself, it doesn't matter whether or not you're unique.

    Nice article, but this topic is overused.
    August 6th, 2008 at 09:23pm
  • I don't see what the obsession with being different is.
    Most people only seem to use it asa badge of honor, being able to say 'I'm Different then everyone else'.
    Then after a while, they strt complaining that nobody understands them.

    Yeah, don't be afraid of being different, as long as it's you being yourself.
    People are coming from the totally wrong place with this shit.
    August 6th, 2008 at 08:56pm
  • i admit i've walked around my school in a ninja cat costume (for no reason too) and that was priclessly fun. but the consistant articles on "nobodies different anymore" or "induvisualtiy is a trend" blahblahBlecK. just let people do their own thing and don't bother them about it.
    August 6th, 2008 at 08:31pm
  • Naan this is a really good article...my main clothes consist of tutus, ballgowns, and costumes because I have sososo much fun wearing them. There was this one time a girl named Mel in my class asked me 'I really like your style; do you think I could pull it off?' and I almost died laughing. :]
    August 6th, 2008 at 08:00pm
  • very good article. I once wore a bright pink Hollister shirt with black chain pants, fishnet gloves and heels. I loved the look on everyone's faces.

    keep up the spirit :]

    xxx Cat
    August 6th, 2008 at 07:55pm