Should Abortion Be Illegal? - Comments

  • FrankJScott

    FrankJScott (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    57
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    Please try <a href=https://www.google.com/>Google</a> before asking <a href=http://www.geschichteboard.de/ptopic,100904.html#100904>Top Onlne Casino Website</a> 0bc4e70
    September 29th, 2023 at 07:22am
  • erin.whatserface.

    erin.whatserface. (160)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Fiji
    v Um, I'm pro-choice.
    But thanks for agreeing with me, I guess. :)
    August 22nd, 2009 at 08:16pm
  • NanananaSomerF

    NanananaSomerF (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    and for the record, miscarriage isn't murder! it's a horrible, tragic thing that can rip a person apart. it just happens. one out of every five pregnancies ends in a miscarriage. my aunt was eight months along in her pregnancy. she had bought everything for the baby, found out that it was gonna be a little girl, watched her move around during the ultra sounds she got. she was so excited. but during that eight month, four weeks before the baby was due, she just stopped kicking. my aunt was devastated. her doctor was the one to say to her that lots of women have miscarriages, and u can be doing everything right during your pregnancy, it just happens.
    August 9th, 2009 at 01:27am
  • NanananaSomerF

    NanananaSomerF (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    i agree with Erin.whatsherface. a fetus is a fetus. simple as that. just cuz u were raped (hey, i'm a girl and i know how terrible it is) u can't kill a completely innocent life. what'd that baby ever do to u?
    August 9th, 2009 at 01:21am
  • not here anymore

    not here anymore (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    [b]rosesxxhearts[/b], abortions are rarely carried out in sickening ways. Most doctors won't even perform one if it's not before the third month, and they certainly aren't going to carry it out in an inhumane way. They're people, too. They have a heart, and a stomach. I think you need to get your facts straight.
    August 7th, 2009 at 06:43am
  • erin.whatserface.

    erin.whatserface. (160)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Fiji
    The problem with your comment, [b]rosesxxhearts[/b], is that not everyone in this country is Christian.

    You can't base laws on religious doctrine of any type. Whether or not it's in the Constitution (some argue that the "No law shall be made in regards to any establishment..." thing doesn't refer to religion. I beg to differ, but whatever), it's a basic tenant of American culture. Church and State are separate, period.

    You have every right to dislike abortion. You don't have to get one. You cannot, however, strip another of her right to get one based on [i]your[/i] religious beliefs. Not everyone believes that God has fate planned out, including me. It's great that you have faith, but that doesn't give you permission to project it onto the law.

    :)
    July 22nd, 2009 at 06:54pm
  • Saccharose

    Saccharose (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    34
    Location:
    United States
    making no sense
    i'm just going to go by the logic presented to me
    because of your beliefs, you think it is a womans' fate to die while giving birth to learn something/grow stronger? and againg with the rape deal, it's the womans' fate to learn something/grow stronger from being raped?
    _______________end of that logic_________________
    a fetus,imo, is not a human being, but a parasite.

    because reading that comment just floored me to no end.
    {remarking about the comment below mine. and this is not an attack, i really want to know if that makes any sense to anyone else. or if i'm overreacting}
    July 22nd, 2009 at 11:28am
  • redxxwings

    redxxwings (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    My opinions: Im iffy. Being raised Catholic, I know it is wrong. My brain is trying to think.

    The ways abortion is carried out makes me want to cry. It is sad. I won't describe it.... Google it or find out some other way. I can't begin on that.

    Rape, death, or something similar, it should be your choice. Even then, I don't think I would ever be able to do it.

    Because, if you were raped, or even with a chance of death, wouldn't it be better to let fate be fate? God planned out your fate Himself. He might've wanted you to learn something, or let you grow stronger. So why tell Him no and intervene? Think about it. Upsetting God's plans for you? And the baby you might raise?

    Unplanned pregnancy itself, you should at least consider adoption before you kill a human being. Yes, a fetus is a human being. It is alive, just like the rest of us.

    God loves His children. He will care for all of them. But, can we maybe help Him?
    July 20th, 2009 at 06:35am
  • not here anymore

    not here anymore (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    Allowed in all cases. You illegalize a choice of rights for the entire country just because of an opinion you have. If you'll notice many people say " [i]think[/i] it's murder." The use of the word "think" itself implies it being an opinion. The gov't can't ban something like that simply because it is an opinion. Women should be able to choose what they want to do with their life and aborting a baby is a choice of that matter.
    June 17th, 2009 at 07:41pm
  • erin.whatserface.

    erin.whatserface. (160)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Fiji
    Who came up with the arguement that abortion should be legal only in cases of rape? I don't understand it; that shouldn't even be an issue.

    A fetus is a fetus, whether you're pregnant of your own volition or because of a rape. It SHOULD NOT MATTER if you were raped or not.

    I would never be able to go through with an abortion myself, but I'm vehemently pro-choice. It is up to the mother to decide, not the government or anyone else. There's a distinct difference between legality and morality; morality is subjective, law is supposed to be objective.

    Keep it legal. Period.
    June 12th, 2009 at 01:38am
  • Koofee

    Koofee (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Mexico
    Abortion should be/remain legal.
    June 10th, 2009 at 07:49pm
  • Sakky

    Sakky (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    should know better*
    June 9th, 2009 at 06:12pm
  • Sakky

    Sakky (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    What part of 'condoms' do teenagers these days dont understand? Trust me,condoms save lifes![Babys lives,when mothers are to selfish and have an abortion]. Like really! No offence but some teenagers can be stupid these days.Like really,Now I know some teenagers dont know about condoms but I think that parents should get off their asses and talk to their kids about them! It saves alot of time and pain/crying! Like really! I think that,if you should have sex with your boyfriend[without using condoms]you should know what the conciquence would be! Like god! I find this annoying!because people would know better. And yes I am 100000% against abortion because its sickning and it should be illegal. I hope I didnt offend anyone with my comment :)
    June 9th, 2009 at 06:11pm
  • IsliceTOAST713

    IsliceTOAST713 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    ehhh do what you want.
    people should just mind their own business and just do what they want and not shove it down other people's throats and be so judgmental.
    i wish people were actually like that but they aren't!
    it's whatever to me.
    i wouldn't get one, but i don't care if others do unless they keep having to expect then learn to use a fucking condom or two!
    jesus. not hard. who cares if sex is better with out one!
    any who! all i have to say is making it illegal in America and the women will be bootlegging abortions!!!!!!!
    May 8th, 2009 at 05:11am
  • Saccharose

    Saccharose (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    34
    Location:
    United States
    before anyone jumps on my case, i was being sarcastic to a point
    April 23rd, 2009 at 12:17am
  • Saccharose

    Saccharose (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    34
    Location:
    United States
    i don't even know why people are trying to argue that the fetus/thing is a person in it's own right. if it is then i would charge it with rape *rolls eyes*
    April 23rd, 2009 at 12:02am
  • paralleldimension

    paralleldimension (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    It may be the woman's body, but is it alright to take away the life of someone?

    No. At least in my opinion.
    March 28th, 2009 at 06:02pm
  • DottyDani

    DottyDani (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    We have a high population count as it is on this world so illegalising abortion is not only going to sky rocket the amount of people on this planet, that we really can't be having due to accommodation and let's face it; the economic downfall that is occuring wont help those who don't want another mouth to feed.
    Illegalising abortions will also mean a lot of women will get abortions illegally preformed which is putting that woman's life in danger.
    At the end of the day its that woman's body. Who's right is it to say what she can and cannot do with it?
    March 27th, 2009 at 11:43pm
  • Kyra

    Kyra (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    102
    Location:
    United States
    @BabyWereInvincible (I think you spelled "Invincible" wrong...or was that on purpose?): I just wanted to point out that becoming pregnant is NOT 100% preventable. You can't always just say "no" (i.e. somebody slips a date rape drug in your drink), and the person having sex with you will not always listen. So, no, pregnancy is not 100% preventable.
    March 1st, 2009 at 05:35am
  • ninjaXmarshmallow

    ninjaXmarshmallow (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    A miscarriage isn’t murder. Just like somebody who died of a heart attack wasn’t murdered either.
    I have had friends who have had a miscarriage and it is tragic. It’s so incredibly sad that they can’t even begin to describe their pain, but I’ve seen. And I know.
    What I don’t understand is how a miscarriage at any point in the pregnancy, is a death of a baby. And how when a pregnant woman is killed it is called a double murder. But when an abortion is committed at any point of a pregnancy, the baby is then just a blob of tissue?
    I personally believe that an unborn baby is alive, just as much as you and me are. Just like slavery and segregation were outlawed, abortion too will soon be outlawed.
    Abortion is murder against the innocent, how can it remain legal?
    Do you know anybody who has had an abortion?
    I do. They regret it. They cry themselves to sleep. The will never be the same. The pain that they feel is indescribable. How can we do that to the would-be-mothers?
    Us as teenagers know that ¼ of our peers aren’t here. Our friends suffer from the after-shocks of abortion while our other friends are considering it.
    Do you know anybody who has carried a baby to term?
    I have a friend who has a 1 year old son and is 16 years old. She regrets the decision that she made 9 months before her son was born, but she does not regret in any way having her son at all. He is one of the only things who’s joy helps her through the daily struggle of being a teenage mom.
    You can choose what side you take. I won’t (and don’t) judge any one who is pro-choice. But before you pick your side consider this.
    3,288 babies (you may call them embryos) are aborted EVERY DAY in America! :( Every day! That’s not even the max amount! That’s the average!
    And for those of you who think that there are too many humans on the earth consider this; God will take care of his children.
    God will take care of the aborted babies, the pregnant mothers, the teenagers who have had their baby aborted and every one else on the world. God will always take care of his children.
    February 27th, 2009 at 02:52am