Why should Homosexuals be doomed to eternal damnation? - Comments

  • Light In The Tunnel

    Light In The Tunnel (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    Yay, it's a religious person writing an anti-homophobia article! I'd write one if I could, but I'm not the most skilled article writer. Well written, gets your point across, and shows not all Christians have one viewpoint, which seems to be what people think. Or maybe I'm just sensitive to that kind of thing.
    January 15th, 2009 at 10:05pm
  • evie may.

    evie may. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    New Zealand
    Cool. Being gay is an unfortunate mishap. What a darling picture that creates, and such a tolerant one too.
    November 30th, 2008 at 07:17am
  • MaggAims2Live

    MaggAims2Live (865)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    IF YOU'RE SICK OF HOMOSEXUAL ARTICLES
    THEN DON'T READ THEM!
    LAST TIME I CHECKED, NOBODY IS MAKING YOU.
    November 22nd, 2008 at 09:44pm
  • rachel weisz

    rachel weisz (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    You don't choose to be gay, just like you can't choose who you fall in love with. You may say you can, but really you would just trick yourself into liking them and you don't love them.
    And I'm no Christian Catholic person but from what I've heard God knows how everyone will end up in life. So if he knew that they would be gay why couldn't he change it?
    There is something to ponder over.
    Get some real facts about gay marriage then go and fite the battle, but don't go into it with some religious thing and think that for one minute you will win it. You won't.
    November 15th, 2008 at 05:45pm
  • pariah.

    pariah. (465)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    I am a Church Of England Christian, and I am also bisexual. I was slightly worried about the issue, so I asked my vicar. What he said was that God was anti-homosexuality in the Old Testemant. There's a clear change in God's attitude between the Old and New Testemant, where he encourages us to accept people as they are. I am perfectly happy with being Christian and bi-sexual.
    November 9th, 2008 at 07:28pm
  • ToTieBinds

    ToTieBinds (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Location:
    United States
    I'm not going to read the article, just respond to the rhetorical question the article poses: because religion is something made up of lies and it stuffs these lies into its followers heads so the leaders of the religions can somehow benefit. Gays are just the centuries old victims allowed their freedom only recently, that's why the oppression against them is so emphasized in the media. Other minorities have suffered just as much in the past.
    November 3rd, 2008 at 12:31am
  • Careless Whisper.

    Careless Whisper. (310)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    37
    Location:
    United States
    [i]I am a practicing Catholic. That does not, however, mean that I have to believe in everything it teaches, no matter the contradictions of others. In my opinion, it is wrong for them to judge who is doomed to eternal damnation based on their sexual orientation.[/i]

    You know, I'm sick of "Christians" saying that they don't agree with everything the Bible teaches. Namely homosexuality. Hate to break it to you sweetie, but the Bible- all of it, not the parts you choose to believe- is God's word.

    No, people don't wake up and go 'hey, I think I'm going to be gay!', I'll give you that much, but at the same time, when you sin, do you think, 'I think I'm going to tell a lie today!'? I don't think you do. Sin isn't so much of a thing that we choose- we're born sinners- though we do know what's right from wrong and should strive to be as good as we can be.

    I don't think all homosexuals are 'doomed to eternal damnation', as you put it, but I do think that people that are *ahem* 'Christian' that deny certain parts of the Bible are just lying to themselves. Just because a lot of people are gay, doesn't mean it isn't sin, or that it isn't just as bad as the others. Murder, for instance, is sadly very common, but does that mean that God's going to be all, 'well, he didn't DECIDE to be a murderer. I made him that way, so he's without fault.'? No, we're all to blame for our own actions. Evil exists in this world because of a LACK OF GOD. It's not like God's going, "MURDER! DIE! MURDER!" Humans are sinners, and sin is evil.

    By saying this I don't mean that I think all people that are gay go to Hell, because we're all sinners, but if you don't ADMIT your sin INCLUDING homosexuality and ask for forgiveness, then yeah, I think they'd be condemned for that. It's not any worse- or any [i]lesser[/i] of a sin than the next one. "Christians" really need to snap out of their denial.

    [i]Believing that homosexuals don't deserve to go to hell, does not mean that you support homosexuality or that you're going to turn gay just because of it. To me, it just means that, you know, I'm not a homophobe, and I'm not about to ridicule someone because of some unfortunate mishap in fate.[/i]

    Mishap in fate? I guess everyone has a mishap in fate, considering we all sin. Hitler had one hell of a mishap in fate (no, I'm not comparing homosexuals to Hitler, but sinners in general). Believing that homosexuals that don't admit they're sinners (including their homosexuality, which it does say in the Bible- more than once- is a sin) go to Hell doesn't make you a homophobe, it makes you a Christian. There's a difference in believing that sin without forgiveness leads to Hell and telling all gay people "God hates fags." God hates no one. He hates the sin- not the sinner. I admit that we have no right to judge as far as telling others they go to Hell, but telling others their sinful behavior leads to damnation isn't judging, unless you say "you're going to Hell". It's simply telling them God's word.

    [i]For crying out loud, it's either act on it or face a life of loneliness because you missed out on the one person that might have been able to make you happy! Would that be worth it? Having to simply let that person pass by because you're afraid. Having to live with not knowing what it could have been like if you had simply gone for it.[/i]

    Um, so you would have an affair with a married man and have him leave his wife if you fell in love with him? No? Well what if you face a life of loneliness because you missed out on the one person that might have been able to make you happy?!?! Erh, I think the life after this one is just a [i]tad[/i] more important than that. That's like saying that you should sin as much as you want because what if you only have that one chance to be happy? Well, yeah, you do only have once chace in this life, which is why it's important to avoid those things, because ya' know, what's after this is most important.

    [i]I believe God chooses what is good and what is evil; not man[/i].

    Finally we agree on something. The Bible is God's word. It says in the Bible that homosexuality is a sin, so man shouldn't alter His Word, including you. Even if men wrote the Bible, you, as a Christian believe God lead them to do it? Well, God lead them to write that, so I think He kind of meant it.
    November 2nd, 2008 at 03:05am
  • visions_of_blasphemy

    visions_of_blasphemy (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    First of all, I totally agree with this article. And second of all, I think that some of the people on this comment page need to CHILL OUT. You don't need to be b*tching out the writer of this article just because their beliefs and yours may not be exactly the same. And to whoever said they were sick of articles like this, well you need to open your eyes because there wouldn't be articles like this if it weren't such a big issue. and the user FnHeroes REALLY needs to gain some respect and calm down. You're being rude.

    Great article, though =]
    October 31st, 2008 at 02:47pm
  • onewaytogo

    onewaytogo (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    What the hell were you talking about? It was an example, alright? And please, don't try to spare my feelings, because I doubt you had anything to say in the first place, do stop right now with your petty attempt to be cooler.
    October 29th, 2008 at 04:27am
  • FnHeroes

    FnHeroes (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Australia
    hey, ah, MaggAims2Live, wanna reply to that comment i left on your page about this? To save writing it here, i encourage all to look at it, and then, quite appropriatly, shut up.
    October 28th, 2008 at 07:27am
  • Two Dollar Bill

    Two Dollar Bill (105)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    35
    Location:
    United States
    I'd just like to know how homosexuality is 'not completely ethical'?
    October 28th, 2008 at 05:51am
  • truthincliche

    truthincliche (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Location:
    New Zealand
    Okay, I thought this article was about [i]homosexuality[/i], not about whether or not God is real. I'm not a Catholic or a Christian, but I'm not gonna start dissing other people's beliefs.

    Personally, I think you wrote a really good article. I know Christians who are complete homophobes and also Christians who are the complete opposite. I've talked about this with the one who's not, and she's told me before that yes, the Old Testament does say stuff about how God disagrees with homosexuality, but the whole point of Jesus coming into this world is that God is telling everyone that he loves them [i]no matter what[/i], even if they are of a different race or have a different sexuality.

    And if anyone says that that entire argument doesn't count at all because God/Jesus isn't real, THAT'S KINDA NOT WHAT THIS ARTICLE IS ABOUT.
    October 27th, 2008 at 10:10am
  • FnHeroes

    FnHeroes (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Australia
    Well, if your comin out here and telling us we're idiots for saying god is about as real as unicorns - then come out and say he definatly is real and big bang theory is, in your words, a bunch of craps. You, my friend, are a 100% jerk (coming from me, rich, i know). Give me the proof of God, of 'Him'. That 'we're here' doesnt cut it for me. Prove it - wait wait - hold on - you cant. Oh, and while i feel like i want to inflict mortal wounds on you, let me say that

    love is a choice. you CAN love more than 1 person, its not 'wrong' or 'evil', nor are people going to hell for it. Just, stop talking.
    October 27th, 2008 at 06:37am
  • MaggAims2Live

    MaggAims2Live (865)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    Scene Kid; Feel Sick, I think it's really wrong of you to try and get people to believe that God isn't real. I mean, we have proof of Him. How do you think that Earth came into existence? Personally, the Big Bang Theory seems like a bunch of crap to me. And I don't discriminate against Atheists, but to publicly say "people god isn't real" seems seriously immoral to me.
    I never once said Homosexuals DO go to hell. I said it's wrong of the Catholic church to say that they go to hell for acting upon intercourse with the same sex, when straight people go around raping people every day.
    Some of you are really twisting my words and making them something they're not. I understand this isn't the bestly worded article, and I apologize for that.
    Also, I'm not saying that people who do choose to be gay deserve to go to hell. But I do believe that if you choose to have sex with someone just for the fun of it, it's wrong. Love is not a choice; it's fate, so you need to make sure that when you have sex, it's with the one you love - male or female, He created them.
    October 26th, 2008 at 03:42pm
  • Lucy Anathema.

    Lucy Anathema. (355)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    Sorry, I cut that off early. Nevermind it. You'd just be offended anyway.
    HAVE A GREAT DAY!!
    October 25th, 2008 at 11:40pm
  • Lucy Anathema.

    Lucy Anathema. (355)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    Oh, get real, onewaytogo. I said nothing about praying for a corvette and getting one the next morning. You have to work hard for something to be able to get it.
    And you know what? My cousin is graduating high school this year. She had already been accepted into a college and was going to recieve a scholarship for softball.
    October 25th, 2008 at 11:36pm
  • Scene Kid; Feel Sick

    Scene Kid; Feel Sick (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    35
    Location:
    United States
    and if you use god as an excuse to be mean to someone your stupid. I don't understand....people god isn't real....
    October 25th, 2008 at 10:20pm
  • Scene Kid; Feel Sick

    Scene Kid; Feel Sick (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    35
    Location:
    United States
    It's already been done. Too many articals on this and there asll the same. it's like all the topics on cutting.....
    October 25th, 2008 at 10:19pm
  • JazzyTheAllied

    JazzyTheAllied (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Location:
    United States
    1Corinthians6:9
    says
    "Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders"
    October 25th, 2008 at 07:29pm
  • horrorfanatic

    horrorfanatic (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    i agree with the person below me
    October 25th, 2008 at 07:25pm